Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

hooman posted:

The problem with this "think of the insurance" line of argument, isn't that an argument as well against presenting queer at work? Where is the line here between where antidiscrimination law starts and corporate control of employees ends?

I'm not sure what facet of anti discrimination that requiring unadorned uniforms and name tags is offending. I guess having rainbow tatts and earrings is still fine, but there's some delineation between the person and the provided uniform there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

JBP posted:

It's probably an insurance or whs risk if people are going off their rocker at staff tbh.

E: well not probably, it absolutely is a risk and might already be happening. Getting verbally or physically abused by a customer at work is basically auto-compo

A friend of mine had a pride flag pin on their uniform at Bunnings and constantly had customers flying off the handle at them, and Bunnings response was to tell them to not wear the pin.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

I’ve never had to deal with a bad customer in all my years of retail. However, i’m a messy bitch who loves drama so i’m gonna get and wear a pride pin to rile cunts up

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Lube Enthusiast posted:

I’ve never had to deal with a bad customer in all my years of retail. However, i’m a messy bitch who loves drama so i’m gonna get and wear a pride pin to rile cunts up

god speed lube enthusiast

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

GoldStandardConure posted:

A friend of mine had a pride flag pin on their uniform at Bunnings and constantly had customers flying off the handle at them, and Bunnings response was to tell them to not wear the pin.

A friend of mine has a pride patch sewn onto their scrubs at the hospital where they work but no one was going to mistake them for a hetero anyway :dominic:

God help any beancounter who tries to tell them to remove, lol

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

A friend of mine has a pride patch sewn onto their scrubs at the hospital where they work but no one was going to mistake them for a hetero anyway :dominic:

God help any beancounter who tries to tell them to remove, lol

the wonderful (not wonderful) thing about bunnings ia encouraging them, especially during pride month, to wear pride pins and express themselves!

and then go 'but not like that' if customers act like cunts

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

It's hosed because customers are the world's most heinous psychosocial hazard and you can only remove them after they go off.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Bro wtf are you selling and can I get in on that BC I had an empty Jim Beam can hucked at me when I refused service for carrying an empty Jim Beam can into the store

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
In short: NSW Police Commissioner Karen Webb said "haters gonna hate" when asked about leadership concerns following the alleged murders of two Sydney men.

All cops.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
employees are allowed to wear two pieces of flair*

*flair from pre-approved list only

Captain Theron
Mar 22, 2010

Obviously ACAB, but hilarious to see how low the bar was and NSWPol still couldn't clear it: https://twitter.com/joshgnosis/status/1762378585002897887?t=WbTXBNRvfLsZ5Kd_tJmCjw&s=19

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

How is Mardi Gras for trans people anyway? From the outside looking in it seems like white gay men brought to you by Toyota and CommBank.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

JBP posted:

How is Mardi Gras for trans people anyway?
Hopefully fun.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
If I’m coles I’m liking my chances a lot more when sued for violating human rights by telling them they can’t decal their uniform than getting sued for mental or physical workplace injuries having not addressed an extremely obvious risk factor

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

“I suspect that much of our disillusion with politics today and our institutions is that we have put too much faith in them. At the end of the day, the state and the market are just run by imperfect people, like all of us. While politics may be an important and necessary place for service, I would also warn against it being a surrogate for finding identity, ultimate meaning and purpose in life. There are far better options than politics.”

- man who believes god wanted him to be pm

What a loving dick head

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Eediot Jedi posted:

- a loving dick head

should be appended to every Morrison quote

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

GoldStandardConure posted:

What happened to "we don't allow aggressive behaviour towards our staff"?

JBP posted:

How is Mardi Gras for trans people anyway? From the outside looking in it seems like white gay men brought to you by Toyota and CommBank.

It's for the entire rainbow, and I'm so sick of seeing trans people get the short end of the stick, what did we do to you?

GrandTheftAutism fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Feb 28, 2024

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
[doublepost]

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

GrandTheftAutism posted:

It's for the entire rainbow, and I'm so sick of seeing trans people get the short end of the stick, what did we do to you?

To be fair to JPB, they are an idiot fuckwit low effort troll.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

NPR Journalizard posted:

To be fair to JPB, they are an idiot fuckwit low effort troll.

I'm asking about the experience of it as someone who isn't involved. The response seems like there are some issues, which is what I'd expect since it's a corporate sponsor major event now.

You should try yoga or something.

E: I do love that you have Manchurian candidated yourself into having a meltdown when I post though lol

JBP fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Feb 28, 2024

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

GrandTheftAutism posted:

Cool off bub, I agree that JBP is the Australian Three Olives but they just commented that Mardi Gras seems to have a bit of a white gay dude bent.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Recoome posted:

I agree that JBP is the Australian Three Olives

well that's just mean

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Idk what a three olives is but if it means not being a leftist reactionary then I am many olives

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Recoome posted:

I agree that JBP is the Australian Three Olives

drat, there's no recovering from that burn

In regards to Mardi Gras - bunch of my friends who are transgender are looking forward to it

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

JBP posted:

Idk what a three olives is but if it means not being a leftist reactionary then I am many olives

Does your toaster have a touchscreen?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Does your toaster have a touchscreen?

I don't get the joke, sorry :(

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
JBP is considerably less oblivious than three olives

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/naveenjrazik/status/1762592910082793566

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
JBP is very unlike 3 Olives.

3 Olives is a HENRY dickhead with terminal liberalism brain and a gadget fetish.

JBP is a hard-working union man who does a little trolling on the side.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

JBP posted:

Can't talk about today but when it was started it was basically a "let all the kinks out" fest that was supported by the whole of the Darlinghurst/Kings Cross precinct. The main event being a bachannal after the parade that was invite only. Or so someone tells me.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
are you saying there were orgies?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Non Compos Mentis posted:

are you saying there were orgies?

No they are saying there was ONE big orgy. Nowadays they have more than one

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Mardi Gras’ board chickened out and let the nsw police march again.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

Synthbuttrange posted:

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Synthbuttrange posted:

in plain clothes, so now anyone can be a cop

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

One day you're a lauded public servant whistleblower, a few decades down the track you're wearing a pig costume and gobbling fake $100 bills with Bob Katter... We've all been there

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Eediot Jedi posted:

“I suspect that much of our disillusion with politics today and our institutions is that we have put too much faith in them. At the end of the day, the state and the market are just run by imperfect people, like all of us. While politics may be an important and necessary place for service, I would also warn against it being a surrogate for finding identity, ultimate meaning and purpose in life. There are far better options than politics.”

- man who believes god wanted him to be pm

What a loving dick head

in a vacuum the second half is good advice for anyone joining the “young lab/lib/grn/jln” wings of a party.

reminds me of a ylab conference in 06 where bill shorten advised attendees “don’t spend time on factional bullshit.” I mean he was right

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Solemn Sloth fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Feb 28, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I had to read a submission Katter made to some inquiry ages ago and the entire front page of his sub was the pic of him in a boxing stance.