Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

How is it taking so long for the MI count to come in?

Are they hand counting this poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Hobo Clown posted:

You see Trump's winnin his Michigan primary by 66.6% of the vote, but then you add 15% Uncommited Dems to the mix, that means Biden has a 19 1/3% chance, AT BEST, at beat Trump!

Senior Joe, the numbers don't lie! And they spell disaster for you in November!

Thank you

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Aramis posted:

How does that even work, in a theoretical world where kids are as sheltered as they want them to be?

- Alright kids, time to talk about sex: Don't have any.
- Ok, sure, but what exactly are we supposed to avoid doing?
- I can't tell you that Bobby. You'll just have to figure out that part on your own.
- ???

These are all examples of ACTUAL abstinence only education activities (school I went to did tape and spit, friend at another religious school they did the gum thing)

Tape

quote:

One of the shame-based metaphors most prominent in abstinence-only sex ed throughout the country is that of tape that has lost its stickiness. In this popular demonstration, exemplified in the YouTube clip below, a volunteer — almost always a teenage boy — is asked to come to the front of the class and "have sex with his girlfriend." For the purposes of the demonstration, that simply means an instructor sticks a piece of tape to his arm. The tape, which is meant to represent his high school girlfriend, bonds to the boy's arm immediately. This is meant to represent how sex immediately bonds two people together.

However, in keeping with the national statistics on high school sweethearts, the teen volunteer and "his girlfriend" ultimately break up. This means he is asked to rip the piece of tape off of his arm. When he does, the instructor holds the piece of tape up for the rest of the students to see. Once transparent, adhesive and new, the piece of tape is now covered in hair, skin, lotion, cologne and anything else the volunteer had on his arm.

The instructor then calls up additional male volunteers to "date" the teenage girl. However, when those boys attempt to stick the piece of tape to their arms, parts of it fall off as it has been sullied and lost its ability to stick.

"This is what happens when we have multiple partners before we get married," Shelly Donahue, who has created a national abstinence curriculum that has been taught in 48 states and 7 foreign countries, explains in the YouTube clip below. "We give up our ability to bond."

Or

Gum

quote:

In this example, an instructor will tell children they are all like pieces of gum and that having sex is like being chewed. If you then have sex with multiple partners, you became a piece of gum devoid of flavor and without worth. And who would want an old piece of gum?

Or

Spit

quote:

In another popular shame-based metaphor taught throughout the country, an instructor holds up a glass of clear water for a room of students. She then passes the cup down the rows of desks, asking students — again, mostly male students — to take a sip, swish it around in their mouths, then spit the water back into the cup. When the cup finally reaches the front of the room again, it is no longer clear, but rather a murky mess of cloudy liquid and food particles.

In many of these demonstrations, the instructor then pulls a new, unsullied glass of water out from behind her desk and holds it up next to the "spit cup." "Which one of these girls would you want?" she asks. "The pure one or the one who has had multiple partners before marriage?"

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/a-cup-full-of-spit-a-chewed-up-piece-of-gum-these-are-the-metaphors-used-to-teach-kids-about-sex/

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

kazil posted:

god Tim Scott is so stupid

Tim Scott folks, isn't he stupid? And we love it.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Froghammer posted:

So what are the chances Haley doesn't bend the knee and tells people to vote with their heart

Less than 20%, but it would be funny as gently caress!

If anti-Trump Republicans like Romney and Liz Chaney actually, affirmatively endorsed Biden, that might be worth 1-2%. But so far they’ve been content to write-in dead guys like Reagan and McCain :jerkbag:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Aramis posted:

How does that even work, in a theoretical world where kids are as sheltered as they want them to be?

- Alright kids, time to talk about sex: Don't have any.
- Ok, sure, but what exactly are we supposed to avoid doing?
- I can't tell you that Bobby. You'll just have to figure out that part on your own.
- ???

You're assuming this is designed to stop people having unplanned pregnancies. They want more babies and more cudgels to beat people with.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

These are all examples of ACTUAL abstinence only education activities (school I went to did tape and spit, friend at another religious school they did the gum thing)

Tape

Or

Gum

Or

Spit

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/a-cup-full-of-spit-a-chewed-up-piece-of-gum-these-are-the-metaphors-used-to-teach-kids-about-sex/

How about we hand all the girls hammers and have them pass around a hotdog

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Tape

Or

Gum

Or

Spit

would be funny as hell if it weren't real

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

TulliusCicero posted:

How is it taking so long for the MI count to come in?

Are they hand counting this poo poo

lol remember 2020 when it took DAYS to figure out who won?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

kazil posted:

lol remember 2020 when it took DAYS to figure out who won?

now go back 20 years

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
Gum... Why do I get the feeling that Donald would 1) Not understand the point of chewing gum and, 2) Fail at attempting to chew a piece of gum like a normal Human Being?

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

Under his rear end to do what? Invade Israel and give the land back to the Palestinians? Call Netanyahu and ask him out for ice cream?

He could stop writing the Israelis a blank cheque to do war crimes with American weaponry. They've exhausted their domestic production munition stocks and are now dependent upon American arms shipments to maintain their operations pace - even a 'shipping delay' will exert significant pressure upon Israeli military policy. Israel can and has been brought to heel by prior American presidents during their previous wars when they get too enthusiastic with war crimes.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Bottom Liner posted:

100% correct and the exact messaging the entire Democratic party should be employing. On everything.

i mean i think they also sexist and hate people with ovaries

also people say Tim Scott is a veep candidate, but has Don's biz orgs ever had a high level non white anywhere in management ?

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Moose Tracks is very much a west coast ice cream flavor,

:wrong:

E: didn't refresh
I stand by my post. I first had moose tracks 25 years ago in South Carolina

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

PhazonLink posted:

i mean i think they also sexist and hate people with ovaries

also people say Tim Scott is a veep candidate, but has Don's biz orgs ever had a high level non white anywhere in management ?

Ben Carson. Mitch McConnell’s wife, Elaine Chao. That might literally be it.

Edit: poo poo, my mind didn’t perceive “biz orgs” lol

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

What about the pyramids-were-used-for-grain-storage dude?

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Propaganda Hour posted:

Is Merchant sandbagging this case or something? This is moronic

It's when you throw everything to see what sticks, but sometimes you throw something and it bounces back and knocks you the gently caress out.

But the legal version instead of the OSHA version. :lol:

Captain Beans posted:

rofl that obama got poo poo for his tan suit as the absolute pinnacle of republicans complaining about literally anything and that biden gets poo poo on for eating loving ice cream lol

next up - BIDEN BREATHING OXYGEN? WHAT ON EARTH

Breathing oxygen and metabolizing is really just micro-explosions, and that's a TERR'ISM :bahgawd:

Droogie posted:

Someone had the loving audacity to make me do work at my job after I was inspired so now this is too loving late but here

PMURT

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

This is excellent trivia, I had a friend tell me it was an Oregon thing once and I just believed it. Thank you for correcting me. And sorry about your bad ice cream takes, but thank you again for not coming for pistachio, the only flavor I feel really strongly about on there.

Pistachio is better as a gelato instead of an ice cream :colbert:

The ice cream version is still good

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

If only Herman Cain wasn't called back to heaven so soon.

because of a Trump rally lol

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Agents are GO! posted:

that's ben carson

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Agents are GO! posted:

That’s Ben Carson.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Tape

Or

Gum

Or

Spit

I. Okay all of those are gross as gently caress but the 30x double dipping of drinking someone else's spit is probably the loving grossest thing I have read in a while.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
lol I watched the trial video of today and lmao I'm starting to get convinced this witness is trolling trump defense and trump

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
We're all supposed to just ignore the absolute dismissal of burnt sugar based ice cream flavors in that chart? Madness.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Rep 30%

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Would you rather go into battle with a sword folded one time or hanzo steel, pressed to its limit by continuous pounding?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Celexi posted:

lol I watched the trial video of today and lmao I'm starting to get convinced this witness is trolling trump defense and trump

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but this was the guy who was fired from Wade’s law firm for sexually assaulting a colleague and a client in separate incidents, right?

In either case, he talked poo poo privately to the one lawyer, but had no idea he’d be call to testify under oath and on the record in court. He hates Wade, but he has no proof of anything, and if he repeated what he said off-the-record, he could’ve ended up liable for defamation. Every time he said, “conjecture,” that’s just lawyer talk for, “I was talking poo poo on a guy I hate.”

If this whole disqualification thing was an actual trial, this guy would’ve been weeded out in discovery/depositions when he refused to say the poo poo he texted under oath - at which point the case would fall apart because this is literally all they had.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

kazil posted:

Rep 30%

:nice:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

I hate Donald Trump and hope he eats poop.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Thanks NYT, very helpful.

Biden gets 78% of the votes and hes "facing significant opposition"

Trump gets 65% and he's "coasting past"

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

PKMN, you really should take a break from your continuous digging in the LOL mines.

Artists need to refresh, restore and replenish

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Christian household with no butt stuff. That's just patently untrue.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Bugsy posted:

As if Haley isn't a protest vote

Sedgr posted:

Christian household with no butt stuff. That's just patently untrue.

It's fine if you do it through the hole in the sheet

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Stellar representation

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

30% Dem

still waiting on most of Wayne County

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Bugsy posted:

They're not wrong. There is a sizable voting base of muslim americans in MI and they are rightfully pissed.

quote:

Michigan has more than 200,000 Muslim American voters — 146,000 of whom turned out to vote in 2020 — a state that narrowly went to Donald Trump in 2016 — by 155,000 votes.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Marianne Williamson was the big winner tonight

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

MrQwerty posted:

Marianne Williamson was the big winner tonight

"Uncommitted" was the big winner tonight, let's be honest

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Stellar representation

Living the dream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

PainterofCrap posted:

PKMN, you really should take a break from your continuous digging in the LOL mines.

Artists need to refresh, restore and replenish