Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

wash bucket posted:

For what it’s worth that’s not a problem unique to them. Almost everything I’ve owned coated in soft touch plastic has turned to snot after about 10 years.

I first experienced the phenomenon about a year ago when I dug out my flight stick for sims, wrapped my hand around the stick, and it fell like bare-handing the floor of a well used movie theatre. Recoiled like a snake bit me.

Took a few hours and got it cleaned up with some acetone, but I'm sure it'll start sweating goo out of the grips again at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
The worst for this is old apple product cords. They literally start oozing after about 10 years. I work in IT and I once found a bin of some pretty old ones in a closet and I basically took the whole thing and dumped it in the trash ecycle with out even trying to find survivor cords because it was so loving gross.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I mostly shop at this Food Lion that's right around the corner because it's so close and they have the worst deli. Just egregiously bad. I don't knkw how you can gently caress up rotisserie chicken so bad. I was looking at one the other day - $8.99 for a a 2lb bird - and it looked so dry the drumsticks looked like bones with jerky wrapped around it. I couldn't even tell if it had skin. I can't even explain. Never seen anything like it. They just don't give a gently caress.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I first experienced the phenomenon about a year ago when I dug out my flight stick for sims, wrapped my hand around the stick, and it fell like bare-handing the floor of a well used movie theatre. Recoiled like a snake bit me.

On one of my lovely old Saitek flight sticks the coating broke down so completely that after sitting unused for about 15 years it had all flowed off from the stick and turned into a puddle of black goo in the bottom of the box.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Duck and Cover posted:

I don't think that's a very useful tool for opening frozen pizza so why would I get it?

You can use it to scrape off any pesky vegetables that contaminated the pizza during production

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Mulaney Power Move posted:

I mostly shop at this Food Lion that's right around the corner because it's so close and they have the worst deli. Just egregiously bad. I don't knkw how you can gently caress up rotisserie chicken so bad. I was looking at one the other day - $8.99 for a a 2lb bird - and it looked so dry the drumsticks looked like bones with jerky wrapped around it. I couldn't even tell if it had skin. I can't even explain. Never seen anything like it. They just don't give a gently caress.

food lion in general kinda sucks, real poo poo selection

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Large Testicles posted:

food lion in general kinda sucks, real poo poo selection

This one isn't bad. It was removated recently. The deli is just terrible even by food lion standards. Last time I got fried chicken there it was so over cooked the skin was off the meat - like it was a hard shell that just surrounded the meat - and the meat was like jerky. I'll never forget it.

hosed me up too. I was watching the Ken Burns "The West" documentary. Now every time I hear that somber music with the Native American chanting (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFPloBBTw-Q) I'll think of what happ on that day. It started with a terrible rumble as soon as I stoid up. Just a violent explosion as soon as I hit the toilet.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

TotalLossBrain posted:

I can buy a whole rotisserie chicken for less than what the uncooked birds go for. I wonder how that works.

Edit. The answer is abuse and wage slavery isn't it

The cooked ones are the smallest birds bulked up with a hardcore saline brine. Salt and water are cheap and make for a delicious and tender bird so no one asks questions. Never look at the nutritional info on a rotisserie chicken.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
Allegedly rotisserie chicken and pizza's secret ingredient is MSG, but it does make it delicious.

My ISP is no contract, no bullshit, cheap and they are upping my speed voluntarily every 3 years or so with hardly any outages and good ping.

But they refused to upgrade to ipv6 for like 8 years and you only get a pseudo emulated version of it.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Quaint Quail Quilt posted:

Allegedly rotisserie chicken and pizza's secret ingredient is MSG, but it does make it delicious.

I buy shakers of MSG at the grocery store. Great for foods that “need a little something”.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

If you've never tried fried eggs with a sprinkle of MSG on top, you're missing out.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Today there is a new AI button in the Android texting app. Garbage poo poo for trash people.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Desert Bus posted:

The cooked ones are the smallest birds bulked up with a hardcore saline brine. Salt and water are cheap and make for a delicious and tender bird so no one asks questions. Never look at the nutritional info on a rotisserie chicken.

I rarely eat them myself. Usually they go into a big instapot of dog food for the week, along with a pound of gizzards

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Today there is a new AI button in the Android texting app. Garbage poo poo for trash people.

I've been listing stuff on ebay all day and they have a button now to rewrite your description with AI, and my god is it bad. At least they have an undo button so you can get your sensible description back if you accidently click it.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

TotalLossBrain posted:

I rarely eat them myself. Usually they go into a big instapot of dog food for the week, along with a pound of gizzards

In that case you should be looking at the info cause it's a LOT of salt. Not really a dog person and I dunno how much they can handle.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
idk if they still do it but OXO used to have a lifetime warranty type of deal. ive had numerous things from them replaced for free just by hitting up customer support. pretty low hassle

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
'Quality'

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Quaint Quail Quilt posted:

For what it's worth MSG is not at all bad for you like you were led to believe in the 70s

All of the modern studies done on it have shown that it has no adverse effects even in people who claim to have "MSG sensitivity"

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Zip code, what's a zip code? Coding a Zip drive?

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

zip codes are what we call postal codes in the US and big huge lol at them being obsolete, they're used now more than ever because it's the easiest way for businesses to classify shipping areas.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Yeah zip codes are not at all obsolete

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Encyclopedias are something that is definitely from a former age. Especially how we used to get ours from the grocery store. That's gotta be something inconceivable to a 19 year old person

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I use an antenna most every day. If you're in a good spot you can get a ton of channels for free.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Knobs are not obsolete!

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
‘Underage’

:dafuq:

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.

wash bucket posted:

Really? I didn’t notice a bunch of people getting probated.

USER WAS PROBATED FOR THIS POST: Assuming bad faith on a Tuesday during rainy conditions without a gold-fringed flag present.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

knobs are ftw. way better than touch screens

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

knobs are ftw. way better than touch screens

knobs, keys and tactile switches, always and forever

also I agree with the nebulous 'Quality'

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.

Borscht posted:

‘Underage’

:dafuq:

No longer exists as far as US labour laws are concerned.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

love handling a big chunky knob

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

That alphabet is ridiculous.

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

I agree with stereo sound, I get 5.1 sound from my phone.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

covidstomper58 posted:

out of how many

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
Love my work rolodex. That thing has saved my bacon so many times.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Nettle Soup posted:

If you've never tried fried eggs with a sprinkle of MSG on top, you're missing out.

This might be a game changer.

TotalLossBrain posted:

Realtalk check the ingredients - usually there’s an allium and that’s no bueno for pets. Doesn’t stop my cats from SCREAMING FOR CHICKEN, MOTHER, THE CHICKEN, I BEG.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

deep dish peat moss posted:

For what it's worth MSG is not at all bad for you like you were led to believe in the 70s

All of the modern studies done on it have shown that it has no adverse effects even in people who claim to have "MSG sensitivity"

yeah the supposed study that said it's horrible for you was done completely out of racism to the point of calling msg sensitivity "chinese restaurant syndrome"

covidstomper58 posted:

i've never been able to hear a difference between stereo and 5.1

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Wendigee posted:

That alphabet is ridiculous.

Jar Jar is critical, now more than ever.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Dip Viscous posted:

i've never been able to hear a difference between stereo and 5.1

How is this even possible?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
A good stereo setup is better than a mediocre 5.1