Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I would assume they already have Himeko since she's not listed.

I'd go for Bronya e1. Makes her much more flexible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Tangents posted:

Hit my 300 standard pulls. The options are:

-Bronya E1, which is excellent but i've never used her
-Clara E2, which looks pretty good and she's been consistent bedrock for my teams
-Yanqing

the choice is clear

Yanqing’s coming home!!!

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Also, I was just reminded Topaz is rumored to be rerun alongside Aventurine. Now I need to wait to see if that's true because Topaz's lc means I no longer need a debuffer for that team and can use Bronya instead.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I’d imagine it’s true, just because Aventurine and Topaz have strong synergies with each other and fit nicely with the free Ratio everyone has.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Bronya e1 is sooooooooo strong that if you ever want to use her, you will kick yourself for getting Clara's e2 which is just some more atk, when she's already getting plenty of atk from the phys set. It's a fine buff, but Bronya's e1 really makes her feel less bad to use via less sp stress.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Kyrosiris posted:

Yeah, she's basically sixth best in a role where at most you'll need four, assuming you want to do double hyper carry strats. This reflects in her usage numbers as well as how often she's discussed.

(IMO, the top five harmonies in order are RM, Bronya, Tingyun, Pela, and Asta. Hanya only pushes Asta down specifically with DHIL.)

Couldn't Hanya also possibly be better in a role supporting two DPSes? Though I guess Ruan Mei is always going to win out as a team buffer.

Tingyun I guess also has the limitation where she loses a chunk of functionality when the DPS doesn't scale on Attack.

Speaking of scaling, I wonder when we'll get a Def-DPS. We already have HP ones.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

My QQ relics are rear end.

Maybe I just stick with xueyi on my quantum

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Ytlaya posted:

Couldn't Hanya also possibly be better in a role supporting two DPSes? Though I guess Ruan Mei is always going to win out as a team buffer.

Tingyun I guess also has the limitation where she loses a chunk of functionality when the DPS doesn't scale on Attack.

Speaking of scaling, I wonder when we'll get a Def-DPS. We already have HP ones.

Hanya's best use case is dual dps teams, but Ruan Mei Sparkle will always be better in that role. If you don't have either.

The only dps so far who doesn't scale on attack is Blade. Tingyun is still halfway decent there because of her energy regeneration. That's usually why you use Tingyun anyway.

GateOfD posted:

My QQ relics are rear end.

Maybe I just stick with xueyi on my quantum

QQ can get by on sub par relics. Her buffs can compensate for a lot.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Toke-paz

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Rip my gems if they release a strong followup harmony, even though my Ruan Mei is perfect, but just for the thematic score of all followup.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

GateOfD posted:

Rip my gems if they release a strong followup harmony, even though my Ruan Mei is perfect, but just for the thematic score of all followup.

That's the best part, you have two teams. :v:

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

But I already gonna have Sparkle

And Tinygun
And Bronya

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

how do you have a Bonnya that you've never used??? wildin

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

I used Bronya in some MoC rounds still. Mainly with Blade

But everything else is Ruan Mei all day all night.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

and by you I mean the guy on the previous page, my bad

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I hope we have a full followup meta team sooner rather than later. Would be really fun to just get insane chains of followup attacks. I lucked out on the first day of Mr. ratio and got that achievement where it asks for him to do 4 followup attacks in a row and that was super fun.

I’m really glad I returned to the game when Topaz was out and invested pretty hard into her just because I liked Numby.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I rarely use Bronya. Kafka's not built for crit, so Tingyun/Asta/Hanya are simply better. My Tingyun and Hanya are built to provide a ton of speed, so they're better for Jing Yuan. Occasionally, I'll use her with Ratio, but only if the enemy is heavily resistant to Fire. Now that she's e1, she's more effective with Quinque. So that's probably where I'll keep her.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

I don't use my Bronya very often anymore, because I use her with Blade, and I've been using my newer teams instead. I have Dr Ratio/Topaz/(Silver Wolf or Pela)/Sustain and Black Swan/Kafka/(Asta or Pela or Silver Wolf)/Sustain.

I really like Nihility units. Right now I have all of them, but I won't be getting Acheron. I don't have the other three 4* ones built, but I intend to once I have time.

I do use Tingyun when I go with Topaz/Tingyun/Clara/Lynx but Dr Ratio is so dang strong I haven't been doing that very much. The Blade team is Luocha/Blade/Bronya/Pela. I still love Blade but Black Swan is new and shiny right now. He will be helpful if there's one side that is weak to lightning and the other side to wind, since Black Swan and Kafka are inseparable.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Nihility ftmfw

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Xueyi is still only really good for Quantum enemies? I was thinking of using her to cover my Wind and Ice gap, but I'm not sure if she's worth the investment.

AshtonDragon
Sep 5, 2011

Bad Video Games posted:

Xueyi is still only really good for Quantum enemies? I was thinking of using her to cover my Wind and Ice gap, but I'm not sure if she's worth the investment.

She's not great when nothing is weak to Quantum. But if only some enemies are weak to quantum, then it works out pretty good.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

why only quantum? her followup and ult. ignore element and will bar break regardless

AshtonDragon
Sep 5, 2011

GateOfD posted:

why only quantum? her followup and ult. ignore element and will bar break regardless

This is why she functions okay when some enemies are weak to quantum; you can use her ult to blast the other stuff. But if nothing is quantum weak, she's very rarely going to do any follow up attacks, and then her performance drops off a cliff.

I mean, her damage output is probably still okay. But I think she suffers more in situations she isn't suited for than other characters.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Sounds like I'm better off sticking with Quinque and Silver Wolf.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Xueyi can only get one stack of Karma when other teammates reduce toughness bar while she can gain multiple stacks based on how much toughness bar she personally reduces. That's why you want to take her primarily to Quantum fights.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
https://youtu.be/RC6wQ-75uQU?si=3X1c79mGUXFhZQjN

You can’t fix her

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

She's not the fuckin joker, she's from persona

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
Okay yeah Sparkle is cool as gently caress.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

God I love her

franks
Jan 1, 2007

Alcoholism is the only
disease you can get
yelled at for having.
Didn’t think I was gonna pull for her but, well, here we are

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

That's the best part

I want her to make me worse

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011

Guess this means I beat the game.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I was not planning too buddy

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Will the real Sparkle please stand up

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

The Oshi no Ko inspired stuff is great and wish her animations in game took more inspiration from that.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im not sure what bit of it was oshi no ko inspired

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

I main AKI in SF6, that fact hasn't stopped me yet

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

That whistling tune is gonna be in my ears all day

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

They are nailing these trailers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007