Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
same but I have an unhealthy amount of expensive plants

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Now I'm wondering if that person is old enough to remember a) the tabletops that looked like old newspapers, b) the glorious SuperBar or c) that Wendy's used to pick up your trash from your table. I mean the sunrooms were great, but Wendy's had even more going for it.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Here in Canada they used to have Tiffany lampshades on the overhead lights and also bentwood chairs. And there were salt and pepper shakers at the table!

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Now I'm wondering if that person is old enough to remember a) the tabletops that looked like old newspapers, b) the glorious SuperBar or c) that Wendy's used to pick up your trash from your table. I mean the sunrooms were great, but Wendy's had even more going for it.

Now Wendy's wants to test Uber-style surge pricing so they can charge you more at certain times a day.

https://www.today.com/food/restaurants/wendys-surge-pricing-rcna140601

If any one is still on Twitter, there's this cool account that I follow that just posts old webpage designs. Lotta 90-2010 stuff.

https://x.com/WebDesignMuseum/status/1757022033404105138?s=20

I miss when the internet still looked like this

Happy Landfill has a new favorite as of 05:34 on Feb 28, 2024

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

We droppin' like a comet and this Vulcan tried to Spock it/These Martians tried to do it, but knew they couldn't cop it

I had one of these watches as a kid, and I loved it. You'd press one of the face buttons after asking a question, and it would display an answer after a little bit. Basically, it was just a magic eight ball in watch form, but it made me king of the playground for a while.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Mad Hamish posted:

Here in Canada they used to have Tiffany lampshades on the overhead lights and also bentwood chairs. And there were salt and pepper shakers at the table!

Oh wow I totally forgot about the shakers. They were kinda like fluted columns where I lived.

Wayne Knight posted:

That is my ideal interior design. I want to live in a house that looks exactly like that.

Solariums are great, as are conservatories and greenhouses. If I had the dough, I wouldn't live in a house without one

Chip McFuck posted:

I had one of these watches as a kid, and I loved it. You'd press one of the face buttons after asking a question, and it would display an answer after a little bit. Basically, it was just a magic eight ball in watch form, but it made me king of the playground for a while.

That glaciers references is definitely from the 90s

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Happy Landfill posted:

Now Wendy's wants to test Uber-style surge pricing so they can charge you more at certain times a day.

If any one is still on Twitter, there's this cool account that I follow that just posts old webpage designs. Lotta 90-2010 stuff.

Those backgrounds and also HTML frames are always something to me. The aesthetics of early internet, man.

I remember when TABLES became a thing to replace frames and it was like a web design renaissance.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

Happy Landfill posted:

Those backgrounds and also HTML frames are always something to me. The aesthetics of early internet, man.

I remember when TABLES became a thing to replace frames and it was like a web design renaissance.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat

dialhforhero posted:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

Can’t wait to have a friend drop this on the carpet or leave the lid off for a few days.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Are those keyboard cleaner goo balls basically Gak that grew up, got a job, and sold out SLC Punk-style? I'd actually buy some if they were.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

dialhforhero posted:

I feel like I remember a lot of sites saying "WARNING: This website uses FRAMES!"

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Hello, I am an old front-end greybeard. I’ve seen and done it all. First it was frames, then tables; nice blocky layout methods. But then… using tables for layout purposes became passé because of HTML semantics and SEO. Tables should only be used for tabular data! Learning how to properly use floats separated the men from the boys. I was a goddamn float-master. So many people chasing the “holy grail” layout of a wide center content column and left/right sidebars. Then someone finally figured out responsive layouts with flexible columns. Now we have flexbox and CSS grid. Don’t get me started on jQuery.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

The internet is the future!

So, uh, what do we do with it?

No idea :shrug:

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
the worst things you can imagine!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
man-made horrors beyond your comprehension you say? don't mind if i do!

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

Megillah Gorilla posted:

The internet is the future!

So, uh, what do we do with it?

No idea :shrug:

Actually you may find that the internet was a mistake.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

dialhforhero posted:

Actually you may find that the internet was a mistake.

Someone once said it makes you stupid!

One of my weird 90s internet memories was being on the Boston Marathon's website reloading a page to check the status of the runners, for whatever reason. I think one of my mom's high school friends was competing in the wheelchair division?

Also, getting a pile of Kozmo.com swag cheap at Ocean State Job Lot cus they (Kozmo.com) went out of business. Got a Colombia Buggaboo for like $20.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Neito posted:

One of my weird 90s internet memories was...
Browsing the 5th Element movie website at work and saving some of the cool JPEGs to a floppy disk to take home.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

doctorfrog posted:

Browsing the 5th Element movie website at work and saving some of the cool JPEGs to a floppy disk to take home.

Sound clips from the Diablo 2 soundtrack over several floppy disks

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfs8hVNvVik

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

holy poo poo

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Mikey from the TMNT as Bones from Star Trek is on very few people's bingo cards, but those with it must be very happy right now

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Mikey is Scotty, Raph is Bones.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Somehow that makes even less sense

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Dr. Mc Coy and Raphael were both pretty ornery.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Argyle Gargoyle
Apr 1, 2009

ABSTRACT SHAPES CREW

Being pensive about going to the tiny skate park with your friends because people would call you a poser for not being able to ollie
:qq:

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
If you didn’t have a midi song on your homepage did you even visit an internet?

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Game Grumps did a Ten Minute Power Hour on this thing and I'm pretty sure described it as disgusting.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I never had one of these as a kid but could you buy refill kits? Did they come with recipe cards? What happened when you ran out of packets?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I'm 100% certain they sold refill ingredients right next to the toy on the shelf.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I had the drink lab as a kid. I can still vaguely taste the sprite like sugar drink that came from it.

I loved it so much. Beaker lab poo poo was my jam as a kid.

I only used it correctly once then I put food coloring and poo poo in it and never drank it

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Neito posted:

Game Grumps did a Ten Minute Power Hour on this thing and I'm pretty sure described it as disgusting.

Well his name isn't Dr. Delicious.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pU6WQXkiOU

Every commercial break.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
I had that thing. It as cool to make the brains.

It was all basically making slimy fruit snacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/XEAC5I2.mp4