Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Alucard posted:

Got my tickets for Saturday don't spoil it for me

after acquiring the three keys, paul gets the golden easter egg which grants him control over dune. he bans usage of spice for two days out of the week so people can enjoy life without prescience a little more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Paul is crowned the Baywatch Haderach after proving himself an able lifeguard on the sandy shores of Arrakis, with a generous number of scenes filmed in slow motion

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Paul is Muad'Ken, his power is Beach Dune.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Obvious meddling by Warner when Paul takes the water of life and asks if he can “have some space jam too”

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

How many Feyd Rautha shower scenes are in this one though

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
Wait so is Tim Blake Nelson in this after all?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Mozi posted:

was not expecting the extended Spice Girls dance party in the second act but i am here for it

I was

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!
Going to see it tonight in a double feature with part one. Can't wait!

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I'm off to see Klit II: Træfning af Arrakis.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Horsebanger posted:

Going to see it tonight in a double feature with part one. Can't wait!

That sounds awesome. I really have to look around for a theater near me that's doing that for my second time with the sequel

Anti-Tachyon
Oct 25, 2010

Mozi posted:

was not expecting the extended Spice Girls dance party in the second act but i am here for it

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

LEST I GET MORE "OWNED" FOR BEING "STUPID" I WILL SAY THIS IS CATEGORICALLY UNTRUE. IT IS OFTEN PART OF DIAGNOSIS AND STAGING BUT IS ALMOST USELESS FOR TREATMENT.
Part 2 is bad? Confirm deny?

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.

ruddiger posted:

[Dune Thread] Jihad me going there

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

Maudib Arakkis posted:

A movie critic of repute I personally know hated it

He also couldn’t tell me who Jessica was and found it utterly incomprehensible in the second half. He couldn’t explain what he found incomprehensible.

Pack it in dunailures

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

LEST I GET MORE "OWNED" FOR BEING "STUPID" I WILL SAY THIS IS CATEGORICALLY UNTRUE. IT IS OFTEN PART OF DIAGNOSIS AND STAGING BUT IS ALMOST USELESS FOR TREATMENT.

Popoto posted:

He also couldn’t tell me who Jessica was and found it utterly incomprehensible in the second half. He couldn’t explain what he found incomprehensible.

Pack it in dunailures

I read on CNN that it is long. Never a good sign in my book

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Popoto posted:

Pack it in dunailures

I know one of those; he thought Fury Road needed more dialogue, to explain things to him.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Furthermore, that steam train could have killed someone. It was grossly irresponsible of the producers to bring one into the theatre

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Monica Bellucci posted:

Paul is Muad'Ken, his power is Beach Dune.

I know this one's fake since I already saw Blade Runner 2049

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

pnumoman posted:

Okay, now I really need to see the SciFi channel miniseries

It's honestly not bad.

If you like Buff And Shirtless Paul Atreides and incredibly phallic sandworms then you'll have a great time.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
Very pleased that the Arabic erasure of “Ya hya chouhada” is the lead article in The New Yorker today.

“Dune” and the Delicate Art of Making Fictional Languages https://www.newyorker.com/culture/cultural-comment/dune-and-the-delicate-art-of-making-fictional-languages

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
having seen part 2: it's good

i will not be taking any questions

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Jabor posted:

having seen part 2: it's good

i will not be taking any questions
:emptyquote:

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Maudib Arakkis posted:

it's bad. no feyd rautha speedo :cry:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

kalel posted:

it's bad. no feyd rautha speedo :cry:
This is true and disappointing.
Would’ve looked good in the black Geidi Prime sunlight.

Speaking of that, I kinda liked that visual metaphor.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

This is true and disappointing.
Would’ve looked good in the black Geidi Prime sunlight.

Speaking of that, I kinda liked that visual metaphor.

The Atredies visuals are serviceable, but holy poo poo everything Harkonnen is just absolutely perfect. A Giger inspired brutal aesthetic that's utterly fantastic.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

T-35 hours

Soon I will assume the girdershape of ecstasy in anticipation

of the popcorn bucket

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Monica Bellucci posted:

I hear Captain Dune dies in the end.

it's a spice opera what do you expect

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

priznat posted:

If you wanna be muad’dib, you gotta get with my fremen (in a sietch orgy)

it ain't no fuuuun if the fedaykin can't haa-aa-aave none

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

It doesnt feel long or drag at all. 3-4 times a beat from the book would play out and I was like oh we're already at this beat, that beat

It earns its length even more than part one does maybe

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Welp:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Lmao

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

On Cinema On Demand rating

five bags of popcorn and four grains of sand from a sand dune (one for each dune movie)*

*dune part two is a sequel to the 1984 film. the sequel to the 2021 is coming in a few years

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
So having finished the first book, is it just me or is Jessica just kind of a bit stupid?

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

khwarezm posted:

So having finished the first book, is it just me or is Jessica just kind of a bit stupid?

everyone is a bit stupid in dune, for all the talk of plans within plans there's a suspiciously high amount of regicide-via-tiger-tier schemes

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Bubblyblubber posted:

everyone is a bit stupid in dune, for all the talk of plans within plans there's a suspiciously high amount of regicide-via-tiger-tier schemes

Or how the key to breaking the "unbreakable" Suk school conditioning turns out to be "use the guy's wife as leverage against him", a tactic never before dreamed of.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
It's different when they're laser tigers. It's smart when the tigers have lasers

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Listen, there had never before in the galaxy been a wife guy on the level of yueh *Willing my mind closed to the 4 or 5 other massive wife guys just in dune 1*

Ithle01
May 28, 2013

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Or how the key to breaking the "unbreakable" Suk school conditioning turns out to be "use the guy's wife as leverage against him", a tactic never before dreamed of.

Okay, but what if the guy's wife was a space witch with a magic vagina?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wingnut Ninja posted:

It wasn't just that. His wife was a BG who had her hooks deep into him and was (last he knew) being tortured eternally. If she hadn't been BG or the Harkonnens hadn't been so good at torture it wouldn't have worked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I also like the reading that Yueh wasn't really a traitor, he just successfully rationalized it as trying to soften the inevitable fall of the Atreides by rescuing Paul and maybe killing the Baron