Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

This is bad for Biden :hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

With all this spell casting talk, I have Chaka Khan stuck in my head. Which isn't bad because I'm Every Woman is great, but I'd rather jam to I Feel For You right about now.

lyrics go "I can cast a spell/of secrets you can tell/mix a special brew/put fire inside of you"

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Shageletic posted:

I think the constant polling showing Biden being 6 points behind in every swing state is bad. This is an attempt to have Biden pull the breaks on all the genociding he's helping. He's prob not gonna listen bc he's loving Joe Biden.

It's bad, for sure, but one of the thoughts I saw in the thread is that there's a percentage of voters who are uncommitted at this time because they don't think it will be Trump-Biden again, expecting Trump will be disqualified in some way. I'm skeptical about that theory, but I think as the election gets closer and Trump gets more time on TV and scrutiny he'll lose some support. I also think the number of people voting for Haley saying they won't vote for Trump in the general if he's the nominee should be concerning to the Trump team considering he both won and lost multiple states by a combined 40k people in 2016 and 2020 respectively. People just not voting at the top of the ticket won't help him, and I think the traditional Democrat voter is just going to vote for Biden rather than leaving the presidential box blank even if they disagree with the guy on a number of issues simply to keep Trump from another presidency.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

I like that when conservatives/christians/conartists backs are against the wall they evoke Satanism and demonic possession as their ultimate strawman argument.

and the pro life rubes just lap that poo poo up.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Yeah I mean I am not doomering but the polls in the swing states are super concerning

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
Favorability polls are not presidential election match-up polls. You can be unfavorable of Biden’s performance and also plan to vote Biden in the election, particularly if you are to Biden’s left on issues you disagree with him on.

I agree that ignoring polling because you don’t like the results is an exercise in disappointing yourself. But you also can’t ignore the actual electoral outcomes post 2020 and waive them off saying polling is hard in those races so polling doesn’t count in those races specifically.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Serious_Cyclone posted:

Favorability polls are not presidential election match-up polls. You can be unfavorable of Biden’s performance and also plan to vote Biden in the election, particularly if you are to Biden’s left on issues you disagree with him on.

I agree that ignoring polling because you don’t like the results is an exercise in disappointing yourself. But you also can’t ignore the actual electoral outcomes post 2020 and waive them off saying polling is hard in those races so polling doesn’t count in those races specifically.

I'd be way more concerned if it wasn't Trump running against Biden but someone else less crimey.

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!

LifeSunDeath posted:

I like that when conservatives/christians/conartists backs are against the wall they evoke Satanism and demonic possession as their ultimate strawman argument.

and the pro life rubes just lap that poo poo up.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Stellar representation

Because they were previously ON FIRE!

:rimshot:

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Bob's Burgers boyband sounding-rear end name

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

TulliusCicero posted:

Biden won by 20% than Trump more in state where undecided vote was a protest vote announced by voters

Here's why this is bad for Biden and good for Trump- NYT, tomorrow

I think the problem here is that you're comparing percentages of two different numbers, which is a classic way to conceal data. It was two different pools of voters.

Trump got 756K actual votes to Biden's 618K. Even if Biden absorbed every Uncommitted vote he'd still be losing by count.

The more accurate way to say this may not be a big deal is that (I presume) primaries for a nearly unopposed incumbent president don't really race people to the polls. I certainly don't give a poo poo about this Dem primary. On the R side people still have an inkling of motivation to trudge over and vote for Trump since it's still kind of a race until Haley finally cries uncle.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

ElectricSheep posted:

Bob's Burgers boyband sounding-rear end name

That was my immediate thought too. I had to look up the name of the Bob's Burgers group and it's Boys for Now.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Republican voters are like: Give me a single reason to vote for you! I don't care about anything else!
Democratic voters are like: Give me a single reason not to for you! I don't care about anything else!

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
Did Boyzone have no impact in the States at all? You are so loving lucky (criminal ex-presidents and future presidents notwithstanding).

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Scags McDouglas posted:

I think the problem here is that you're comparing percentages of two different numbers, which is a classic way to conceal data. It was two different pools of voters.

Trump got 756K actual votes to Biden's 618K. Even if Biden absorbed every Uncommitted vote he'd still be losing by count.

The more accurate way to say this may not be a big deal is that (I presume) primaries for a nearly unopposed incumbent president don't really race people to the polls. I certainly don't give a poo poo about this Dem primary. On the R side people still have an inkling of motivation to trudge over and vote for Trump since it's still kind of a race until Haley finally cries uncle.

Yes. Raw numbers are less for Biden but there's far less motivation to go out and vote for him in the primary.

also lmao

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

kazil posted:

Yes. Raw numbers are less for Biden but there's far less motivation to go out and vote for him in the primary.

also lmao

gently caress yeah, all that time spent casting spells with my crystals worked! We're back, Marianne Stans!

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

entire thread caught up in media horseracing

I wonder what esoteric procedural statistic I'm going to learn about next month to show why biden is going to lose

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

quote:

GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (KJCT) - Lauren Boebert’s 18-year-old son was arrested in Garfield County February 27, 2024, and faces 22 charges.

According to the Rifle Police Department’s Facebook page Tyler Boebert was arrested at around 2:30 in the afternoon. The arrest comes after a string of vehicle and property thefts in the area.

Boebert is facing the following charges:

· Criminal possession of a financial device

· First degree criminal auto trespass with intent to commit crime

· Criminal possession of ID docs

· Conspiracy to commit (felony)

· ID theft possession with intent to use

· Contributing to delinquency of a minor

· Theft- less than $300

· Theft- less than $300

· Theft- less than $300
https://www.kjct8.com/2024/02/28/lauren-boeberts-son-arrested-faces-22-charges/

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Eight-Six posted:

I wonder what esoteric procedural statistic I'm going to learn about next month to show why biden is going to lose

ice cream inflation

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

A career as a bully in a 1950s set Stephen King adaptation just pissed away by a life of crime.

kazil posted:

ice cream inflation

Don't Google this.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Disco Pope posted:

A career as a bully in a 1950s set Stephen King adaptation just pissed away by a life of crime.

“Cheap dimestore hood” seems like a pretty fitting description of this kid.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

kazil posted:

ice cream inflation

What kind of sick old man would eat inflated ice cream?

Clearly this is disgusting. Would you do this?

Poll: options:
Yes
No
FJB
Pmurt

-Poll sponsored by federalist society

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

kazil posted:

also lmao

This is bad for Biden. With no one to compare himself against, having defeated all his opponents, biden will have no one to distinguish himself against. Trump is gonna sweep the floor with this loser.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Dean Phillips is such a lovely candidate that Marianne Williamson thinks she has a chance :lmao:

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
And when Joseph Robinette biden saw the demolished democratic field behind him, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

redshirt posted:

Republican voters are like: Give me a single reason to vote for you! I don't care about anything else!
Democratic voters are like: Give me a single reason not to for you! I don't care about anything else!

The thing about this is that the deal breakers for democratic voters are things like, "Don't oppress me," and "Don't do genocide." Stuff that should be strong deal breakers.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Joe Brandon MURDERS democratic field. Should he be imprisoned? This reality game show contestant says YES!

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Oscar Wild posted:

And when Joseph Robinette biden saw the demolished democratic field behind him, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer.

Nah I'm pretty sure he had a cone.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Monica Bellucci posted:

Nah I'm pretty sure he had a cone.

Listen jack, that dog, it's gonna bite!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Oscar Wild posted:

Joe Brandon MURDERS democratic field. Should he be imprisoned? This reality game show contestant says YES!

Presidential Immunity, bitch!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

yeah. if he is caught with fake ids and fake cards and etc and used any of them, then he is hosed. doesnt help that mummy will probably be primaried.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

CommieGIR posted:

Your favorite president claimed it first, and he won't share!

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

quote:

Shane Lynch, who was a member of the popular boy band Boyzone

LOL! loving who, and loving what? Was Traylan Cockhorse from popular boy band Blackface not available?

Re: polling. I'm really curious to see what things look like when campaign season really starts. And it hasn't started yet until I can turn on local news for the weather and see devastating ads by the Biden campaign that just feature Trump telling moron supporters to "Fight like hell!" over the most brutal J6 footage. The Biden campaign has ad ammo unlike any other campaign has had at their disposal, ever, and they damned well better make use of it. Trump is a loving scumbag of the highest order, but I kind of wonder just how many people who don't really follow politics don't quite get the gravity of the poo poo he's involved in. My wife's best friend visited from out of state recently. She's a fully committed Dem voter but even she didn't really know about the E. Jean Carrol rape stuff. I just wonder how much stuff that gets discussed in this thread has even permeated big chunks of the population who vote but have other poo poo going on and can't quite follow everything.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Random Stranger posted:

The thing about this is that the deal breakers for democratic voters are things like, "Don't oppress me," and "Don't do genocide." Stuff that should be strong deal breakers.

Old Joe's doin' a genocide?

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Eight-Six posted:

Biden is running way behind in unregretted voter minutes

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

:sickos: this is what I was hoping for

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

CommieGIR posted:

TOTAL EXONERATION!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
So I had never read Lauren Boebert's Wikipedia page and holy poo poo.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

So I had never read Lauren Boebert's Wikipedia page and holy poo poo.

born again christian, aka a total scammer.

e, lol

LifeSunDeath fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Feb 28, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

tek79 posted:

LOL! loving who, and loving what? Was Traylan Cockhorse from popular boy band Blackface not available?

Re: polling. I just wonder how much stuff that gets discussed in this thread has even permeated big chunks of the population who vote but have other poo poo going on and can't quite follow everything.

My perspective is that until it's truly election campaign season people are unaware or have forgotten a shitload. They are also stressed by inflation and don't want to know, so this lets right wing media dominate the perspectives even amongst Democrats.

The effort post in here is good but honestly there should be a running wiki of complete political fuckups per candidate for all elections but I don't think anyone has put that together.