Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
definitely going to check out control next sale, based on threads recommendations thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
it is the twenties and there is time for balatro

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

hubris.height posted:

definitely going to check out control next sale, based on threads recommendations thanks

got it for $5 a bit back and it's on my to do list

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Grapplejack posted:

sekiro was extremely tightly balanced and put together. elden ring is not, I don't think this is going to work like they want it to unless they make more severe changes

it just sounds like you have a damage scaling cap that is increased by defeating bosses or something

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Grapplejack posted:

sekiro was extremely tightly balanced and put together. elden ring is not, I don't think this is going to work like they want it to unless they make more severe changes

Fromsoft has a pretty good track record.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Although I will say I went back to bloodborne and the locked 30FPS is absolutely unplayable now.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Xaris posted:

you pick talents/perks in a skill-tree instead of like +vit/+dex/+int/+sex level-ups

I think they mean it like the beads and memories, not the skill tree. so instead of pumping vit, defeat x bosses for an hp increase. instead of putting points in your damage stat defeat a big boss.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
I like that Limmy had a joyful time going through DS2 and DS3 and but raged at Sekiro, quitting at the general miniboss before the snake valley. Having played it recently, it did induce a particular rage when it wasn't clicking, maybe because you lack alternative ways to do things.

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

Being able to endlessly grind levels has a storied history in RPG games. If damage and max HP are gated behind progression and it means your only option is to get gud, that's somewhat of a departure from the dark souls/elden ring series. I also tend to give FROM the benefit of the doubt though. Sometimes I like to leisurely over level a character and laugh at big numbers, other times go for a minimum level run so I can be a summoned and help people with later areas. I do like how Elden Ring basically left it up to you, the player, how/when to progress so it will be interesting to see how different the expansion makes things. Perhaps an alternate weapon arts style skill tree in addition to putting stats in str/dex/vigor/endurance? Haven't played sekiro so you all probably have a clearer idea.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I'm also wondering how that would work with the rest of the base game

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

yeah, you zone into a new area and suddenly you lose all your stats or they revert to a default value? just watching your healthbar shrink or grow would be jarring. seems farfetched

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Considering in how many ways this is DS2 2, I wouldnt be surprised if it is more like giant souls and Vendrick

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
yeah it'll probably be some sort of scaling to the enemy stats.
I kinda get where they're coming from, because rolling through the dlc with my end game character would be boring, but at the same time starting a new character in a game like elden ring is a huge time investment.

Bear Retrieval Unit has issued a correction as of 12:43 on Feb 28, 2024

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

hubris.height posted:

i got it for free on the epic games store

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

i would never stoop so low as to install a game store

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Salt Fish posted:

Although I will say I went back to bloodborne and the locked 30FPS is absolutely unplayable now.

Between the framerate dips and the low resolution with some overly aggressive CA that game needs a PS5 patch so badly

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
i was NOT able to earn the Krang Back Bling in time. This is my shame.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

big mean giraffe posted:

Between the framerate dips and the low resolution with some overly aggressive CA that game needs a PS5 patch so badly

Either fromsoft or Sony or both hate it

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Regarde Aduck posted:

Either fromsoft or Sony or both hate it

Which is weird because it sold well and people were very fond of it, pretty sure it sold almost 7.5 million copies and for a while you couldn't mention the ps4 without someone telling you to play Bloodborne.

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

I imagine lots of people would love to play it on PC, at 60+fps, even without much remastering just some basic quality of life PC port magic that Japanese devs do so well

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
you can already play it 60 or 30 without framepacing issues if u got a modded ps4 or ps5, so it's some issue where either sony doesnt want to pay from to work on it, or theyre constantly holding out in hope to remake it down the road
or i dunno, from just doenst want to do it because it's an old project and they've cleaned their hands of it

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
It seems easy the PS4 is a computer and a PC is a computer just click the exe and hit run

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

palindrome posted:

I imagine lots of people would love to play it on PC, at 60+fps, even without much remastering just some basic quality of life PC port magic that Japanese devs do so well

That's all it needs, I'd be really disappointed to get a bluepoint remaster or something to wreck the art style

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Salt Fish posted:

dont know how people can game like that

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

It seems easy the PS4 is a computer and a PC is a computer just click the exe and hit run

I don't know why somebody didn't think of this

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Communist Thoughts posted:

That's all it needs, I'd be really disappointed to get a bluepoint remaster or something to wreck the art style

I thought blue point was good?

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

careful. u might get a knock on your door from some folks you don’t want to mess with… with talk like this.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

TontoCorazon posted:

I thought blue point was good?

people get really weird about the demons souls remake

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Communist Thoughts posted:

My greatest gaming fear is they announce a Bloodborne remake instead of just a higher framerate port.

Demon's Souls remake was made by people that did not understand the original at all.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
The environments, lighting, etc. in Bluepoint's remakes are great but they struggle with character models imo. Wander had a hosed up face in the SOTC remake and in the Demon's Souls remake there's a weird claymation quality to all the facial animations. The other big fuckup is just over-designing characters for no discernable reason. Selen Vinland is a prime example. The remake does have a great character creator (probably better than any of FromSoft's) but eh.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/HYPEX/status/1762827105203519611?t=fjKyVHnRGnNlvdx7fy1b4Q&s=19

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
it's a weird remake because they changed the artstyle so much and yet devote such lavish devotion to the way it played on the ps3 that it feels like you should be able to swap in real time from graphical styles like the halo games or the new tomb raider remasters, but u cant.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

good thing i have 2FA turned on, i don't wanna lose my skins

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

MeatwadIsGod posted:

The environments, lighting, etc. in Bluepoint's remakes are great but they struggle with character models imo. Wander had a hosed up face in the SOTC remake and in the Demon's Souls remake there's a weird claymation quality to all the facial animations. The other big fuckup is just over-designing characters for no discernable reason. Selen Vinland is a prime example. The remake does have a great character creator (probably better than any of FromSoft's) but eh.

Stockpile Thomas is one of the goofier ones to me.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

good thing i have 2FA turned on, i don't wanna lose my skins

Update:
https://twitter.com/InsiderGamingIG/status/1762840451818672315?t=d75s-i7hasLEyAaG6UjyPw&s=19

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Regarde Aduck posted:

people get really weird about the demons souls remake

Haven't tried it myself but it looks fairly well made

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I didn't know until recently that Sony owned the Bloodborne IP and just assumed they had some kind of permanent exclusivity deal with FromSoft, but that's not the case. If there was ever a PS5 support patch for higher framerate and resolution I assume Sony would have to hire FromSoft to do it or get their approval for another party like Bluepoint to remaster it, similarly to the MGS remasters on PS3. Maybe they want Bluepoint to remake it by the end of the PS5's life cycle but hopefully not. Hell I'd pay full price for just a remaster because Bloodborne is worth it.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

evey demons souls ps3 vs ps5 comparison just looks like the remake tried to make it look more like dark souls. if anything it's less cartoonish than the original

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Hackers have gone too far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Spark898/status/1762491960000978978?t=sWUC3bDkUXaJFhhRjpN4Rw&s=19