Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Barret
Red XIII
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Vincent
Cid
View Results

sarujin_nz
May 1, 2006

In Australia looks like it unlocks at 0000 AEDT, which is great as then I may be able to play at 9pm AWST, just got to see if I can finish intermission prior (only got the ps5 a few days ago)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Looks like it's midnight here in NZ, so only 7 hours and a bit on my end.

Unrelated...

https://x.com/aitaikimochi/status/1762663157934506034?s=20

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I've been trying to preload this thing for 6 hours now, tell it to download, it takes like 10 minutes or better to actually add it to my download queue, where it just says "calculating..." for somewhere around 30 minutes to an hour, intermittently saying it lost connection to the server. I mean I guess I still have time to see if PSN recovers but at this rate I might have to go a gamestop or something, poo poo.

I never know if this is a general issue or something agitated by having country bumpkin internet

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Crawfish posted:

Unrelated...

Way to spoil the loving ending.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I downloaded the game last night and it seemed a little slow but it was done this morning.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Crawfish posted:

Unrelated...

Oh my god, get Tyler and Cody to dub this poo poo ASAP

Solarflare
Apr 21, 2008
Any idea if you can get the save data-related summons later in the game if you don't get them through save data? I don't really want to install Remake just for that but I will if I have to I guess.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Normally I’d say no but Ramuh and Leviathan seem too important to lock behind that

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Look, Ramuh and Leviathan are cool and all but we have 3 to 5 Bahamuts to fit in here so someone has to make space

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Aw heck, the game is out tomorrow at 9 pm PST?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Well I have about an hour to try to get through the final bosses of ff7 remake before rebirth drops. I was planning to finish it and the intermission with yuffie but that's looking unlikely. If I start a game and just leave it for now will I still get ramuh? Same for leviathan if I didn't ever actually pick it up from chadley. Is it worth putting off rebirth to actually play intermission? I'm thinking about just playing em both side by side for now.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I think just a save file is fine.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
cool, its 15 minutes until I can play rebirth and I'm just resetting the fight against the whispers bc I clearly have not been playing this game super efficiently so far

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Spoilers are out on YouTube now, so take care if you're worried about getting spoiled.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Time to leave the internet for like a week and a half. RIP

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Harrow posted:

Spoilers are out on YouTube now, so take care if you're worried about getting spoiled.

Yeahhhh, probably not gonna use YouTube for the next few days. Every time a big new release happens, I always get a video with a huge spoiler in the title and final boss in the thumbnail thrown right in my face.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Always recommended to delete and turn off your youtube history.

Kale
May 14, 2010

At least they probably waited till the foundation game was secured before launching into the collaborative business and marketing poo poo like FFXV. Weird ad though

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Terper posted:

Always recommended to delete and turn off your youtube history.

Also try to avoid looking at comments for anything on IG or similar.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Still no dispatch confirmation from ShopTo. They guarantee delivery on release day but I'm getting worried.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Best Buy will ship my Deluxe edition on Thursday, so thank god I’m insane and also bought and preloaded the digital version as well.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1762846646176555261

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

So much for the rebirth of CDs.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Lol hell yeah, if this happened with the original version this printing would be a pretty valuable collector's item by now

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

More like FF7: Reverse!

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah there seems to be some full playthroughs on youtube and i clicked into some and just, GOD drat this soundtrack.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

Did Sephiroth do this?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

So just as an FYI, the game has a Soft and Hard point of no return.

The 'soft' point is before a major (non-spoiler) event The Date at Gold Saucer and while you can continue to do things after that there's a reason to do it beforehand. (You will need to go past this for one of the sidequest chains though.) So if you're at all concerned about a point where you should knock out side content you haven't done, that's the point to do it.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

ImpAtom posted:

So just as an FYI, the game has a Soft and Hard point of no return.

The 'soft' point is before a major (non-spoiler) event The Date at Gold Saucer and while you can continue to do things after that there's a reason to do it beforehand. (You will need to go past this for one of the sidequest chains though.) So if you're at all concerned about a point where you should knock out side content you haven't done, that's the point to do it.

Does the game warn you at all before you do that?

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Hey ImpAtom, apologies if you brought this up before, but have you tried the Dynamic difficulty much? Curious if I should for my first go through Rebirth.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

stev posted:

Does the game warn you at all before you do that?

It warns before the hard point of no return but not the soft one. It should be noted you can still do most things after the soft one so it isn't the end of the world, there is just a shift that locks a couple of things out.

RuBisCO posted:

Hey ImpAtom, apologies if you brought this up before, but have you tried the Dynamic difficulty much? Curious if I should for my first go through Rebirth.

I would strongly recommend it if you feel comfortable with the combat system at all. It isn't a huge step up in difficulty precisely but it makes enemies more durable and on Normal it felt like they had too little health to me once I understood what I was doing.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Stupid logistics question since I talked about maybe trying to have my wife be aware of what's going on. If I wanted to start playing in bed for a little bit over remote play by myself at midnight, is there anything at the very, very start that's pretty quick to go back and replay through before getting up to the point of the flashback? Additionally, if I just skip the flashback content from the demo, does it mostly just go into "gently caress around in Kalm" mode so I can spend most of the day doing side quests until the evening when she's around?

Basically I want some kind of quantifiable number or yes/no as to how much I can reasonably play before tomorrow evening without having to skip over a ton of plot. Ultimately she might not give much of a poo poo but I want to at least have the option there.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

I hit bone village last night. I’ll get past the forgotten capital tonight and I’ll be ready for Rebirth tomorrow.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

triple sulk posted:

Stupid logistics question since I talked about maybe trying to have my wife be aware of what's going on. If I wanted to start playing in bed for a little bit over remote play by myself at midnight, is there anything at the very, very start that's pretty quick to go back and replay through before getting up to the point of the flashback? Additionally, if I just skip the flashback content from the demo, does it mostly just go into "gently caress around in Kalm" mode so I can spend most of the day doing side quests until the evening when she's around?

Basically I want some kind of quantifiable number or yes/no as to how much I can reasonably play before tomorrow evening without having to skip over a ton of plot. Ultimately she might not give much of a poo poo but I want to at least have the option there.

There's a sequence at the start which I don't believe is in the demo (it's very short but kind of plot heavy) and then post-Nibelheim Flashback you can gently caress around in Kalm and start on your journey to become the master of Queen's Blood.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Crawfish posted:

Unrelated...

The sexual tension at play in this Udon ad is off the loving charts

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Shoehead posted:

The sexual tension at play in this Udon ad is off the loving charts

"You're panting."
"I'm excited."
"Such a puppy."

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Almost 12 hours to go. :f5:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

There's a sequence at the start which I don't believe is in the demo (it's very short but kind of plot heavy) and then post-Nibelheim Flashback you can gently caress around in Kalm and start on your journey to become the master of Queen's Blood.

Cool, so it sounds like I can play through that, and maybe just load up a new file in the morning or evening to show the opening sequence and then gently caress around in Kalm all day.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

"You're panting."
"I'm excited."
"Such a puppy."

A reminder that as far as we know, Sephiroth has canonically Never hosed

His combat prowess isn't due to Jenova cells, it's just all his concentrated Orgone Energy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Ordered it by two shops which both seem to hold to the street date, then I end up finding it randomly at our supermarket among like 10 other games and trashy bluerays.

Now to log off for two weeks to avoid spoilers.