Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

the thing that sparkles is her brain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
I liked the part where it turned into a Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei OP

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
the kaleidoscope bit reminded me of the needy streamer overload trailer, just without the thumping music

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

All of our efforts are still going into fixing Ruan Mei. Now it is time for tea and cakes!

That second Sparkle trailer is WILD.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

I'd love to pull for Sparkle because she's such a little rascal, but I super duper want Fu Xuan and Aventurine and Sam in addition to Sparkle, so I physically do not have the jade for all four.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I have given up on wanting Sam so I am going for Sparkle, maybe trying a 50/50 on Acheron, and guaranteeing Aventurine. I shall pretend Sunday and Boothill don't exist until I see some official marketing.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Can't fix perfection.

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

Sparkle is the character I've been eagerly waiting for forever but now that she's here I feel like I don't need her anymore. I still want to pull, but it would be much smarter to save. Truly the gacha conundrum.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Okay fine I give up she's cool.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Hope to catch her on a rerun.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Bad Video Games posted:

Hope to catch her on a rerun.

Yeah, same. I burned a lot on pulling Black Swan (who has been great for me so far), I'm going to be saving for a while

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
I'll be joining the ranks of "maybe on a rerun," personally. Trailers are cool but she just isn't for me.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

My assessment of her power level is that Sparkle will be great, but she's not on the power level of Ruan Mei where she enables a new archetype. Support has a lot of great characters between the widely accepted four horsemen of Ruan Mei, Bronya, Tingyun, and Pela. And that's before you get into someone like Hanya who is at least in broad strokes similar to Sparkle.

Granted part of this is me doubting a 50% advance forward. Maybe in practice it plays way better than I think and I'll look stupid and she'll be Ruan Mei tier but we'll see that shortly.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

The trailer is fun, but the trailers are always well done. I'm f2p and she's low priority because she's not appealing to me, so I probably will never get her, even on a rerun.

Sometimes I do a 10-pull on new banners, and I would be tempted because of the great 4*s on hers, but I would risk missing Aventurine even if I got her immediately. Even if I end up with extra jade I'd rather go for Aventurine's cone, his E1, or Topaz's E1, because I love my followup team.

AshtonDragon
Sep 5, 2011

Eimi posted:

Granted part of this is me doubting a 50% advance forward. Maybe in practice it plays way better than I think and I'll look stupid and she'll be Ruan Mei tier but we'll see that shortly.

She definitely can't be used like Bronya, where you make Bronya just slower than your DPS so that they effectively get twice as many turns. But If you make her way faster than your DPS (even giving them more attack instead of speed), then I think the 50% advance should work out really well. Like, she'd need to be more than twice as fast as the DPS in order for them to not immediately act she uses her skill.

I have no idea if she'll be considered to be as good as Ruan Mei once the dust settles, but there's potential.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

She's cool and will receive a very respectful 10-pull from me.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Genovera posted:

The trailer is fun, but the trailers are always well done. I'm f2p and she's low priority because she's not appealing to me, so I probably will never get her, even on a rerun.

Sometimes I do a 10-pull on new banners, and I would be tempted because of the great 4*s on hers, but I would risk missing Aventurine even if I got her immediately. Even if I end up with extra jade I'd rather go for Aventurine's cone, his E1, or Topaz's E1, because I love my followup team.

This sums it all up for me. The only great thing Sparkle brings is being Quantum. But I have invested in all of my supports, so I can force Quantum weakness on any stage.

I'm pulling Aventurine, and hopefully Topaz's lc. If I get lucky, I might try for her e1 as well.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

I'm real dumb at math in this game sometimes; could somebody summarize how much of a damage increase I could expect from Jing Yuan's E1?

I don't really think I need to take a shot at Sparkle so I wanted to see if it made sense to maybe skip this banner.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Sparkle is as good as Ruan Mei, she has stuff other than a 50% turn advancement

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

harmony units are so boring

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Meowywitch posted:

harmony units are so boring

They're only boring when I don't like them as characters, I am extremely excited for Robin and hope her being harmony means she'll fit on most teams.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Eimi posted:

They're only boring when I don't like them as characters, I am extremely excited for Robin and hope her being harmony means she'll fit on most teams.

:haibrow:

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Canopus250 posted:

I'm real dumb at math in this game sometimes; could somebody summarize how much of a damage increase I could expect from Jing Yuan's E1?

I don't really think I need to take a shot at Sparkle so I wanted to see if it made sense to maybe skip this banner.

https://www.prydwen.gg/star-rail/characters/jing-yuan

calculations tab, between 0-13% depending on the # of targets.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

Sparkle is pretty low importance for me since I have E2 Bronya (and her LC) and a fully built Ruan Mei and Tingyun. Even if Sparkle is really good I'd rather spend the length of the banner building up more alternate DPS options for coverage.

Thanks for the link...that seems very mediocre for his E1 then

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Eimi posted:

If Robin does something for follow-ups, I might have to pull for her corpse.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Sparkle is simply BiS for two different builds. If you don’t have those builds then you’ll probably care way less about her.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Canopus250 posted:

It doesn't help at all with single target and its just an extra ~25% on the adjacent enemies when lightning lord hits. I have his E2 from unwanted early pulls while trying to build pity for silver wolf and he's been great for me but is definitely power crept by Jingliu and Kafka and probably now Acheron. Discussions from his first go around said his light cone was a much better investment and I'm thinking of grabbing that - its just not as fun as pulling new characters instead.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

qbert posted:

Sparkle is simply BiS for two different builds. If you don’t have those builds then you’ll probably care way less about her.

Are you referring to ~Daniel~ and MonoQ?

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

AshtonDragon posted:

She definitely can't be used like Bronya, where you make Bronya just slower than your DPS so that they effectively get twice as many turns. But If you make her way faster than your DPS (even giving them more attack instead of speed), then I think the 50% advance should work out really well. Like, she'd need to be more than twice as fast as the DPS in order for them to not immediately act she uses her skill.

I have no idea if she'll be considered to be as good as Ruan Mei once the dust settles, but there's potential.

For me it seems like you want to run Sparkle as fast as possible and have your DPS use ATK boots. Sparkle will never double-turn like Bronya can, but she can act as an effective ~50+ SPD.

Speed matching her the way you do with Bronya makes the MoC cone not great for her because you can't guarantee the DPS will move immediately after. But that also doesn't work with people like Topaz or Jing Yuan who will lose the cone buff before their followups go off, so DDD is a solid choice in those cases.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

GoodluckJonathan posted:

I think Sparkle would have more value for me if I had Dragon Dan. My Quantum team runs so consistently that I just don't feel the need for her.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

GoodluckJonathan posted:

Yep. She is to DHIL what Bronya is to JL. She’s also the 4th Mono-Q slot ppl have been awkwardly trying to figure out since Silver Wolf came out. We’ll see if she’s good enough to make either of them the top DPS team in the game.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

But have you considered:

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time
Given 2/4 of my decent dps are Qingque and DHIL, I can't really turn down Sparkle. Letting them ditch speed boots and relics with breakpoint hitting speed substats while inheriting from her, 160 speed, near 100% crit damage, 18-48% damage, 15%+ attack, probably another 30% damage from lightcone like Battle Isn't Over or Past and Future kind of seems like a really good force multiplier on top of the 3 skill point attacks from QQ/DHIL. Is there going to be a better support for Jing Yuan? I don't have him but I'd have thought she's going to be pretty good for him.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Sparkle's getting a 10-pull from me. If I get her, great, but no big deal if I don't and either way it won't disrupt my pity too much.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

You can still run Sparkle 1 SPD slower than your DPS, it just means you're multiplying your DPS's turns by 1.5 instead of 2 like Bronya. This doesn't necessarily make her "worse Bronya" either since the massive crit DMG from her Skill is generally gonna be better than Bronya's DMG boost, and of course you'll have a way better time managing your SP

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Feb 28, 2024

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Won't that make them immediately go off-sync? The point of the 1spd slower Bronya is that they stay synced up no matter what and no part of the boost is wasted.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

shrach posted:

Given 2/4 of my decent dps are Qingque and DHIL, I can't really turn down Sparkle. Letting them ditch speed boots and relics with breakpoint hitting speed substats while inheriting from her, 160 speed, near 100% crit damage, 18-48% damage, 15%+ attack, probably another 30% damage from lightcone like Battle Isn't Over or Past and Future kind of seems like a really good force multiplier on top of the 3 skill point attacks from QQ/DHIL. Is there going to be a better support for Jing Yuan? I don't have him but I'd have thought she's going to be pretty good for him.

Bronya isn't great with Jing Yuan and I imagine Sparkle will be the same. Bronya's damage buff from her skill and lightcone doesn't affect follow-ups. Bronya can make getting 10 stacks of Lightning Lord more consistent, and her crit bonus is good. But generally, you want Tingyun and Pela or Asta or Hanya.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Clarste posted:

Won't that make them immediately go off-sync? The point of the 1spd slower Bronya is that they stay synced up no matter what and no part of the boost is wasted.

I mean if you Advance Forward by 50% twice you're getting 100% total advance after Sparkle's second turn, so the target will be moving before Sparkle again every odd Sparkle turns. Which basically translates to 1.5x more turns, unless I'm missing something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Another thing about Sparkle that I don't see mentioned much is her LC. My DHIL and QQ currently sit at an extremely awkward 60-65% Crit Rate with the Rutilant Arena set and no Crit Rate body. Sparkle's LC's Crit Rate buff means that I can wear a Crit Dmg body on them instead and still hit the Planar set breakpoint, probably seeing a significant overall increase in damage.