Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah. if he is caught with fake ids and fake cards and etc and used any of them, then he is hosed. doesnt help that mummy will probably be primaried.

This would be sad as hell if it weren’t for the fact that his mother is loving around in Congress and accusing Biden’s family of being a bunch of criminals while doing everything she can to make American lives worse.

Between her marrying (and divorcing) a sex offender, her kid fathering another child at the ripe old age of 18 (just like his mom) and him getting caught for potential ID and credit card theft, something tells me that Boebert is an extremely lovely mom on top of being an overall extremely lovely person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Pope Corky the IX posted:

So I had never read Lauren Boebert's Wikipedia page and holy poo poo.

America truly is the land of opportunity. She got her GED a month before her election.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I don't disagree with swing state polling because I dislike the results. I disagree with swing state polling because it's fuckng stupid

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

quote:

Shane Lynch, who was a member of the popular boy band Boyzone

https://youtu.be/rPIt52BwTak?si=5BwJpjXEoCQH1iUe

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

oh my god lol

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

funeral home DJ posted:

This would be sad as hell if it weren’t for the fact that his mother is loving around in Congress and accusing Biden’s family of being a bunch of criminals while doing everything she can to make American lives worse.

Between her marrying (and divorcing) a sex offender, her kid fathering another child at the ripe old age of 18 (just like his mom) and him getting caught for potential ID and credit card theft, something tells me that Boebert is an extremely lovely mom on top of being an overall extremely lovely person.

to be honest i do actually feel bad for her kids. their parents are white trash sacks of poo poo and dont give a gently caress about them.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Dapper_Swindler posted:

to be honest i do actually feel bad for her kids. their parents are white trash sacks of poo poo and dont give a gently caress about them.

Well her grandkid is already looking at growing up without a dad, maybe they can get TLC in on this when she gets primaried

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

This is actually sort of fascinating

Being off by a couple points is normal, happens all the time, but 7-8 points says there's fundamentally something happening

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Lauren Boebert’s going to fail as an RSBN anchor cuz she’s truly, irredeemably awful in every way. In five to ten years there’s going to be a “Where Is She Now?” feature on her and she’ll worse off in every way than before she ran for Congress. “I had a husband, I had my kids, and I had a thriving small business, and it’s all gone. I wish I never done any of it! :qq:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Being off by a couple points is normal, happens all the time, but 7-8 points says there's fundamentally something happening

Polling’s broken and Trump sucks.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Seth Pecksniff posted:

All of these states have some form of open primary (either entirely open or open for non-party-registered voters), so it could just be that in these states they were polling mostly Republicans while the primary included non-Republican voters. I'm not sure what to make of it.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
The Boebert Crime Family at it again. SAD!

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

Seth Pecksniff posted:

It also would be ridiculous to say "Well the Trump v Haley polling is clearly biased in favor of Trump compared to results, but obviously the Trump v Biden polling has no similar bias." Yeah, it might not be the same factors or same amount but there's clearly something wrong with polling around Trump. Also still a large number of people still are holding out hope it won't be Trump v Biden, and until that reality actually sets in (or actually changes, somehow) you're going to see weird poo poo.

I do agree though that people are WAY too dismissive of Trump's chances still. Ignoring the 'who would you vote for' polls, the approvals on topic X Y and Z polling shows Americans are still unbelievably, unfathomably stupid when it comes to who they think is better on "The Economy" or "The Berder".

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Kevyn posted:

The Boebert Crime Family at it again. SAD!

I bet Hunter and Commander could wipe the floor with the whole Boebert family

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Serious_Cyclone posted:

All of these states have some form of open primary (either entirely open or open for non-party-registered voters), so it could just be that in these states they were polling mostly Republicans while the primary included non-Republican voters. I'm not sure what to make of it.

New Hampshire and Michigan had same day Democratic primaries, so I don't think that can entirely explain it.

I think polling just isn't doing a good job of accurately capturing Trump's numbers

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I think we need to subpoena Lauren and her son and get to the bottom of this, there could be influence peddling going on

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

These boys are 40 years old

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

steinrokkan posted:

These boys are 40 years old

Living the Toys R Us motto.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

kazil posted:

New Hampshire and Michigan had same day Democratic primaries, so I don't think that can entirely explain it.

Is there a huge draw for Democrats to vote in their own primary when the party is running an incumbent?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Serious_Cyclone posted:

Is there a huge draw for Democrats to vote in their own primary when the party is running an incumbent?

New Hampshire had a large effort to get Biden a win via write-in vote and Michigan had a large effort to get people to vote uncommitted.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Lauren Boebert’s going to fail as an RSBN anchor cuz she’s truly, irredeemably awful in every way. In five to ten years there’s going to be a “Where Is She Now?” feature on her and she’ll worse off in every way than before she ran for Congress. “I had a husband, I had my kids, and I had a thriving small business, and it’s all gone. I wish I never done any of it! :qq:

Local Great-Great-Grandmother Dead at 50, Suspected OD

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

LifeSunDeath posted:

born again christian, aka a total scammer.

e, lol

They're not sending their best!

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Rescue Toaster posted:

It also would be ridiculous to say "Well the Trump v Haley polling is clearly biased in favor of Trump compared to results, but obviously the Trump v Biden polling has no similar bias." Yeah, it might not be the same factors or same amount but there's clearly something wrong with polling around Trump. Also still a large number of people still are holding out hope it won't be Trump v Biden, and until that reality actually sets in (or actually changes, somehow) you're going to see weird poo poo.

I do agree though that people are WAY too dismissive of Trump's chances still. Ignoring the 'who would you vote for' polls, the approvals on topic X Y and Z polling shows Americans are still unbelievably, unfathomably stupid when it comes to who they think is better on "The Economy" or "The Berder".
That said, this is the Trump lol thread, not the grave discussion of threat to democracy thread

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Serious_Cyclone posted:

Down ballot primaries and local elections sometimes.

Totbot
Oct 4, 2013
Its going to be wild seeing Biden win the election and then immediately see some Goons talk about how its bad for Biden’s chance to win the election.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

Doctor Butts posted:

With all this spell casting talk, I have Chaka Khan stuck in my head. Which isn't bad because I'm Every Woman is great, but I'd rather jam to I Feel For You right about now.

lyrics go "I can cast a spell/of secrets you can tell/mix a special brew/put fire inside of you"

There is never a bad time to get down with Chaka Khan, especially I Feel For You (the greatest song ever made).

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Frank Frank posted:

I'd be way more concerned if it wasn't Trump running against Biden but someone else less crimey.

I'm relieved that the GOP keeps running on losing issues like abortion/woke poo poo and not the economy/inflation.

Granted: The inflation would have been similar if the GOP was in charge the last four years and they are responsible for a lot of current economic issues but they normally hope everyone forgets that fact.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Shishkahuben posted:

what's this from?

Fritz Lang's Metropolis (1927). It's in the public domain now, and it's a really good film.

I probably missed out on ice cream chat, but I'm partial to Chapman's Black Jack frozen yogurt (it's sold in the ice cream aisle, so it still counts :colbert:).

Randalor fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Feb 28, 2024

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

The GOP decided to fully pivot towards Evangelical voters. These people would have voted Republican no matter what, but I guess the strategy is hoping that the evangelical population grows over time.

The problem for the GOP is poo poo like "this clump of cells has a human soul" sounds completely insane to the average person and shows that Roe v Wade being overturned was just the beginning for these people. It doesn't take too much to imagine a future 4 years from now where Trump's outlawed gay marriage or southern states have made it illegal to buy condoms. That motivates people to vote.

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009
So I live in Michigan and didn't bother voting in the primaries. This isn't really indicative of anything beyond anecdotal, sure, but, uh, I got the vibe that was the consensus among most of the young liberal/progressive/democrat tech workers I know.

Most of my social group who DID vote, voted uncommitted. So ~5-10 out of a couple hundred people.

Michigan incumbent primaries are worthless, and I'm honestly surprised the protest vote wasn't a larger percentage because they were the only people I was aware of even trying to get out for the primaries in any organized manner. Detroit, Ann Arbor, Lansing, Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo will more than likely stay blue. Battle Creek will more than likely stay red because of the chairforce and air national guard base, and the rest of the state will also be red. If some of the Upper Peninsula turns blue like in 2020, that'll be interesting to see. I'm guessing Marquette will go blue, although not sure about Houghton; they've got a ton of lolbertarian engineer types there at any give time due to MiTech.

https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-government/michigans-political-geography-shifting-these-interactive-maps-show-how

The trends show both Keweenaw and Marquette counties trending blue, however, and I doubt that's changed because it's not like any new money is flowing up there and basically every kid born there is trying to get out from day 1, and that means going to school. But, we'll see.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Hunter Biden is testifying in front of the impeachment committee now

quote:

For more than a year, your Committees have hunted me in your partisan
political pursuit of my dad. You have trafficked in innuendo, distortion, and
sensationalism -- all the while ignoring the clear and convincing evidence
staring you in the face. You do not have evidence to support the baseless and
MAGA-motivated conspiracies about my father because there isn’t any

Full opening statement
https://punchbowl.news/hunter-biden-opening-statement/

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Allegedly!

kazil posted:

There's Hunter?!

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Feb 28, 2024

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Randalor posted:

Fritz Lang's Metropolis (1927). It's in the public domain now, and it's a really good film.

It's pretty good I've only ever seen the full cut which is like 2.5hrs. If anyone is on the fence for watching it let me sell you.

It has a booby robot, feeding humans to the work machine, a hosed up church, and some of the best set design and miniatures ever.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Disco Pope posted:

A career as a bully in a 1950s set Stephen King adaptation just pissed away by a life of crime.

loving hell, that's a great description.

CommieGIR posted:

Living the Toys R Us motto.

Oh, you would love the line that followed it in the relevant song: 'Let that reason be love'. I think even as a wee nipper I heard that and thought 'what the gently caress is that loving bullshit?!' or the pre-pubescent equivalent thereof.

Samovar fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Feb 28, 2024

CKinbote
Dec 16, 2022

kazil posted:

"For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is Hunter Biden? This is Hunter Biden speaking. I am the man who loves his life..."

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

Stands up....*zippppp*

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Zero VGS posted:

Allegedly!

did u see that mugshot? dude is one chromosome short of being butthead.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

LifeSunDeath posted:

did u see that mugshot? dude is one chromosome short of being butthead.

looks like Justin Long if Justin Long just gave up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

kazil posted:

Full opening statement
https://punchbowl.news/hunter-biden-opening-statement/

Oh poo poo, he’s running!