Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

sleep with the vicious posted:

Rapidly increasing rents? Check out what Facebook is always recommending to me for some reason even though I always hide or say not interested:

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/4Gxjg5zj3uodGC8K/?mibextid=xfxF2i

our society is mentally ill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Fed expects unemployment rate to rise to 4%
https://twitter.com/PiQSuite/status/1762897817377325177?t=CrQgmjo6JnQhWtpZF3T40Q&s=19

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Springtime for Summers

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Fed thinks commercial real estate is going to fall. They are fine with it happening.
https://twitter.com/FirstSquawk/status/1762904275938673078?t=qHEEwnxOOomAQ-_oeSee8A&s=19
https://twitter.com/FirstSquawk/status/1762904325213352440?t=XYTNeppJ2lNLkvZyDczNdQ&s=19
https://twitter.com/FirstSquawk/status/1762904981143769538?t=TCelrXEEEmOiL0f_guix3w&s=19
https://twitter.com/FirstSquawk/status/1762905006464745800?t=tLoLuo0pfDwN81gyTSDHgg&s=19

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021
instead of ubi there will be 10% credit through a state subsized private lender

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

(There's gonna be a bailout)

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

triple sulk posted:

it would be extremely funny if coinbase got cleared out

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

seems fine

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

triple sulk posted:

it would be extremely funny if coinbase got cleared out

this is WHY they go down every bull run. oh you missed selling when prices were spiking? sorry our lil server frew up ._. guess we dont gotta pay out on that tho.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Thank you Burnsville Toyota

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/Eunicedwong/status/1762893367141179403
https://twitter.com/KobeissiLetter/status/1762899668055232549

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

the gang discovers high-speed trading

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Bitcoin is invincible, it is already back to 61,000 in a handful of minutes. Bitcoin 70,000 by the end of the week.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

What more proof do you need that it is all wash trading. Lol

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Now the real question is. Is it worth it to even own Apple at this point? They aren't doing an EV and with the announcement they're down quite a lot. I think BUY is in order.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Nonsense posted:

Now the real question is. Is it worth it to even own Apple at this point They aren't doing an EV

Apple Prospects:
EV: DEAD
VISION PRO: DEAD
SOME AI BULLSHIT: STILL GOING STRONG BABY

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Nonsense posted:

Now the real question is. Is it worth it to even own Apple at this point? They aren't doing an EV and with the announcement they're down quite a lot. I think BUY is in order.

no EV, no ai. throw it in the dumpster and kill it

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Xaris posted:

no EV, no ai. throw it in the dumpster and kill it

incorrect. they specifically announced that they're not doing the EV to focus on "generative AI" lol

e: "ya know the stuff everyone liked a year ago and is now sick of and thinks is gonna ruin the world? we're doing that, WAY more of that"

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

incorrect. they specifically announced that they're not doing the EV to focus on "generative AI" lol

e: "ya know the stuff everyone liked a year ago and is now sick of and thinks is gonna ruin the world? we're doing that, WAY more of that"

ios is about to get much, much shittier lol

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Nonsense posted:

They're going all-in on AI, and we all know how the market loves that. You better be buying that dip.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Mandel Brotset posted:

ios is about to get much, much shittier lol

it's already been getting lovely with tons of half baked features and if imessage didn't have so much lock in i'd have probably gone back to android by now (which has its own problems, but at least you can gut out a ton of the built in garbage)

the specs of phones you can get for $200-400 these days is honestly pretty good

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

my 12 mini is a huge piece of poo poo now and gets like three hours of battery life in active usage

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

apple doing the vision pro, now, years after the vr hype crescendos around the release of quest 2 tells you all you need to know about their decision to jump into AI

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

EA laid off 5% of the company

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
Microstrategy stock is the new Gamestop thanks to bitcoin.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

triple sulk posted:

EA laid off 5% of the company

EA stands for "Employment Abolished"

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

triple sulk posted:

my 12 mini is a huge piece of poo poo now and gets like three hours of battery life in active usage

Maybe you should do Tim Apple a solid and upgrade to an iPhone 15 instead of continuing to use that outdated POS.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think it’s more the builders. banks will originate loans whenever. it’s free money for them

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

lol at not using a timphone SE, the best phone ever made

iphone 15 xpro mini max maxi pro plus apple edition for phones

get the gently caress out of here

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

triple sulk posted:

You can get the battery replaced and it'll be good as new. The Apple Store will even do it. This is how my 6S is still kicking and good for a whole day's usage.

e: but it's cheaper than a new phone so it would make Number sad. :(

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Nothus posted:

They're going all-in on AI

I still don't know what this actually means. AI isn't any particular product or a service unless you're selling the shovels like Nvidia, it's just a marketing term for a vague collection of "computer algorithm stuff"!!!!

Beached Whale
Jun 27, 2009

The world as will and idea

Vox Nihili posted:

I still don't know what this actually means. AI isn't any particular product or a service unless you're selling the shovels like Nvidia, it's just a marketing term for a vague collection of "computer algorithm stuff"!!!!

it's like how companies were "investing" in blockchain 5 years ago in order to scam investment dollars from bankers

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Vox Nihili posted:

GENERATIVE. AI.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
lmfao that didn’t take long at all. I tried using google image search just to find some simple illustrations and it’s all AI garbage freepik nonsense top to bottom

was also looking at displate for the first time in like 2-3 years and it went from actual artists to AI garbage and branded Star Wars marvel man children poo poo only. no in between

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Nonsense posted:

Bitcoin is invincible, it is already back to 61,000 in a handful of minutes. Bitcoin 70,000 by the end of the week.

This morning, I was behind a Tesla 3 with a vanity plate...."LONG BTC".

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Akratic Method posted:

You can get the battery replaced and it'll be good as new. The Apple Store will even do it. This is how my 6S is still kicking and good for a whole day's usage.

e: but it's cheaper than a new phone so it would make Number sad. :(

already replaced it once after the initial battery fell apart pretty quickly and I don't think it would add more than 30-40 minutes in real world usage if i did it again

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023
fuck off worms butthole guy!!!
EA just announced layoffs and studio closures.

https://x.com/ign/status/1762967943925600514?s=46&t=-VZSxDkiWhxQSeyPFaKJQw

:(

It really feels capitalism is just about being cruel at this point

90sgamer has issued a correction as of 00:25 on Feb 29, 2024

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

this is good they can focus on Titanfall 3

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

90sgamer posted:

It really feels capitalism is just about being cruel at this point

Lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Beached Whale posted:

it's like how companies were "investing" in blockchain 5 years ago in order to scam investment dollars from bankers

I was trying to find out more about Ontario's dogshit billion-plus dollar boondoggle electronic health record system (that doesn't work 20+ years later) and a bunch of articles claimed Estonia has the best EHR system and it uses ~blockchain~. I lost interest before I was able to learn what the point of the blockchain part was (yes of course a distributed ledger, why does it matter if it's distributed? crickets...).