Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Just woke up feeling sleepy. Only one thing can fix this... I'll let u guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I spilled coffee on my keyboard

I'm a big FUCKHEAD

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

smoobles posted:

I'm a big FUCKHEAD

skill issue

:coffeepal:

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

I like to cycle through my moka pot, chemex and v60, depending on bean quality

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I could use some tips on the Moka pot. I've owned one but hardly used it, never been very impressed with my results.

Share your Moka strats.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
boil your water in a separate vessel beforehand, don't attempt to "pack" the grounds just level them, assemble quickly using towels for your hands, take it off the heat before it starts sputtering and serve promptly

heat control is really the number one thing. theyre convenient but they are trying to cook the grounds and boil the coffee at every opportunity. i quit moka'ing because it's just more effort than i want for results which will never equal a good espresso.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

smoobles posted:

I could use some tips on the Moka pot. I've owned one but hardly used it, never been very impressed with my results.

Share your Moka strats.

Check page 46 of the coffee thread, it's a great place to chat about moka pots with your pals

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
I gave up on the Moka pot about a year and a half ago and have gone full Aeropress. Haven't looked back

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Dokapon Findom posted:

I gave up on the Moka pot about a year and a half ago and have gone full Aeropress. Haven't looked back

very little aeropress chat in this thread, but it makes great coffee, is super cheap and portable, and lasts forever. Plus you get your daily dose of Microplastics.

Hoffman has a great aeropress technique.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6VlT_jUVPc

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

first coffee of teh day

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Karach posted:

very little aeropress chat in this thread, but it makes great coffee, is super cheap and portable, and lasts forever. Plus you get your daily dose of Microplastics.

Hoffman has a great aeropress technique.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6VlT_jUVPc

yea the microplastics are why I refuse to get one

I already get those and aluminium from nespresso pods

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

a primate posted:

yea the microplastics are why I refuse to get one

I already get those and aluminium from nespresso pods

good news! you dont have to worry so much about ingesting microplastics from food and beverage preparation because the vast majority of microplastics in your body are inhaled tire dust!

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

smoobles posted:

I'm a big FUCKHEAD

Your keyboard deserved a little taste of the magic anyway

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

luv2shit posted:

first coffee of teh day

I’m about 24oz of good Colombian bold and 16oz of lovely work folger’s deep

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
I meant to make the moka coffee today, but I forgot, and I'm already two coffees in. Will reset, clear my mind, try again tomorrow.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

eSports Chaebol posted:

good news! you dont have to worry so much about ingesting microplastics from food and beverage preparation because the vast majority of microplastics in your body are inhaled tire dust!

mmm delicious

thinking about aeropressing some tire dust rn

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

a primate posted:

mmm delicious

thinking about aeropressing some tire dust rn

probably tastest better than this cocunut rum coffee i grabbed out of the office freezer since i forgot to get more coffee this weekend

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
no coffee today. i did have a movement though

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

i have to cut back on coffee because it's loving up my electrolytes to drink this much

pray for me, im already dead

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

The Oldest Man posted:

i have to cut back on coffee because it's loving up my electrolytes to drink this much

pray for me, im already dead

coffee can't fail, it can only be failed

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

having some drip coffee from a coffee machine i found on the sidewalk. a light kona with a smidge of arabic coffee blend so it's got a smack of cardamom. pretty good!

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
drip target house blend and a cake donut, watching doves and blackbirds in my garden grabbing breakfast :coffeepal:

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Hatebag posted:

having some drip coffee from a coffee machine i found on the sidewalk. a light kona with a smidge of arabic coffee blend so it's got a smack of cardamom. pretty good!

Nice that the machine was already full of coffee. A real time saver

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

about to make coffee

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

wish this coconut rum coffee had actual rum in it. also coconut.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I have meetings until 1 AM but my wife brought me a dirty matcha coffee to tide me over

cheers!

Tsitsikovas
Aug 2, 2023
Had breakfast with my dad at a large old school greek diner. The waiters wouldnt stop pouring us coffee. Used two of the milk pods across probably 5 refills. Maybe more.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Tsitsikovas posted:

Had breakfast with my dad at a large old school greek diner. The waiters wouldnt stop pouring us coffee. Used two of the milk pods across probably 5 refills. Maybe more.

όσπιταλιανο🤌

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Karach posted:

Nice that the machine was already full of coffee. A real time saver

I'm very savvy

Tsitsikovas
Aug 2, 2023

Karach posted:

όσπιταλιανο🤌

μαλάκα ήπια αρκετά καφέ να αμέσος χέσω το πρωινό πάνω στη θέση μου

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Tsitsikovas posted:

μαλάκα ήπια αρκετά καφέ να αμέσος χέσω το πρωινό πάνω στη θέση μου

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

free coffee :woop:

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
Opened up a new bag of Decaf Brasil coffee beans... so far so good

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
Good morning

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
good morning, relaxing with another cup of delicious coffee

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

hate this coconut rum poo poo

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

lobster shirt posted:

coffee time for me

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
A friend of mine asked me why I am brewing cold brew in the winter, what a ridiculous question.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

A friend of mine asked me why I am brewing cold brew in the winter, what a ridiculous question.

It's true, when it gets too cold out, the cold brew machines stop working. Your dad and I are friends, we go way back, that's how we both knew about the cold brew machines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

cold brew coffee makes me hurl and idk why. no other kind of coffee does that