Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Maybe Trrrrump should cut back on the avocado toast and gilded toilets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Saw the top of this and chuckled

scrolled down and lolled down

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Squiggle posted:

They say you poo poo your pants when it happens

He’s gonna go full Brando, calling it now

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Serious_Cyclone posted:

this whole thread has forgotten about Trump's most valuable and beautiful asset, his BRAND :smug:

Good idea, make him sell off the rights to his own name

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Hollismason posted:

Filing an appeal without a bond just means thr clock doesn't stop from my understanding of it. So it'll go through the appeals process but he has to pay up in 30 days.

I believe I have read a few places that while it is customary to give defendants the 30 days they have to appeal before starting collection, the AG can start seizing assets at any time if he doesn't post a bond/write a check to the court.

It would be super funny if the AG says, hey, he said he doesn't have the money, we will start with taking his penthouse.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
The only thing that can basically save Trump is being bailed out by like the Saudis or maybe Kushner.

I could maybe see Kuahner bailing him out.

Counted
Apr 28, 2023
The Kentucky house is floating a bill potentially gutting labor protections that is certainly something.

Taking away required work and lunch breaks entirely, removing overtime pay being required for working 7 days in a row, it's basically a "gently caress you" to anyone working in the state.

It likely runs afoul of some federal law somewhere, I'm not knowledgeable in this area. Fake edit: on some reading, doesn't look like it does.

However, the timing of this bill being floated and this SCOTUS case being in the docket and potentially weakening unions and the board of labor doesn't strike me as coincidental.

Along with all the other culture war bullshit, the GOP is gearing up to destroy labor right out in the open. The mask was off years ago, now they're yelling and throwing poo poo with impunity thinking their base is going to keep them in power anyways.

Anyways, gently caress Trump's GOP lol

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
How hard will it be to get his foreign properties? Is there a lost of what he owns somewhere?

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Imagine trying to get a discretionary favor from the courts after all of that shittalking and shitweaseling he and his lawyers put the judge and his staff through.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Sad to hear Mitch is leaving. Was really hoping he'd stroke out on CSPAN.

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003
Since he's pointing out that his businesses are being held by the monitor/conservatorship, how does that work in terms of his fines? Can the AG essentially force the company to liquidate so that Trump's 'share' of the business can be used to pay the fine?

Captain Stalin
May 11, 2004

Have no fear, the Captain is here!

nooneofconsequence posted:

Sad to hear Mitch is leaving. Was really hoping he'd stroke out on CSPAN.

There's still time friend, keep the hope alive.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/molcranenewman/status/1762917559714591091

:lol: It's going to be denied.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Oh no, he's got money, it's just Creedence Clearwater Revival style looking like the rummage sale so nobody can tax him. He's gonna try to ride the Seychelles to dodge judgements forever.

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

Grey Cat posted:

I'd pay good money to brand my face on Trump's haunches.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://x.com/ronfilipkowski/status/1762908865379594367?s=46&t=0hs33BGIDTDY2j_qH8YRBg

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

:sickos:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

turmp declared super extra innocent and actually the AG owes him $350 million

all the court documents and news reporting and moving guys throwing his gaudy furniture in a dumpster behind turmp tower is fake news

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

Random Stranger posted:

Taco trucks staffed by hot catboys on every corner if the future that Democrats want!

The *sighs, unzips pants* joke but it's because I ate too many tacos.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

:lmao: 2000 pages what is this poo poo get outta here with that

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Waltzing Along posted:

How hard will it be to get his foreign properties? Is there a lost of what he owns somewhere?

The judgement is only for New York

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Counted posted:

The Kentucky house is floating a bill potentially gutting labor protections that is certainly something.

Taking away required work and lunch breaks entirely, removing overtime pay being required for working 7 days in a row, it's basically a "gently caress you" to anyone working in the state.

It likely runs afoul of some federal law somewhere, I'm not knowledgeable in this area. Fake edit: on some reading, doesn't look like it does.

However, the timing of this bill being floated and this SCOTUS case being in the docket and potentially weakening unions and the board of labor doesn't strike me as coincidental.

Along with all the other culture war bullshit, the GOP is gearing up to destroy labor right out in the open. The mask was off years ago, now they're yelling and throwing poo poo with impunity thinking their base is going to keep them in power anyways.

Keep voting for the GOP, Kentucky. See where that gets you.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
lol lib, im voting for freedom!

freedom to slave away for my biz lord. freedom to work for less money per/hour, for more works of work, and greater value for their fin numbers and worse fin numbers for me.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Counted posted:

Republican voters will scream about immigrants taking their jobs and Democrats making their lives miserable all while apologizing to the elephant hand-cranking the meat grinder they're being fed feet-first into for their bodies being too bony for the elephant's palate.

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

Lauren Boebert's son is a deep state democrat operative.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ/status/1762919118007635978

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

"They said something about not eating ice cream on a cone in public and I told them to take a hike!"

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Cannon finally did something right.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

"They said something about not eating ice cream on a cone in public and I told them to take a hike!"

Let me squash this malarkey right now Jack

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Dat Cat rear end

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Counted posted:

That's super petty, like they're actually overbalanced on WE DONT NEED NO REGULATION, I don't actually see businesses taking advantage of this. It's hollow-victory, empty-handed paper pushing unless you're just like such a loving bean counter that you're the kind of Scrooge-rear end business owner whose career and probably home life involves a lot of heavy-handed shouting at people for taking lunch on the clock because you simply can't be assed to have a clear policy in effect

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

PhazonLink posted:

lol lib, im voting for freedom!

freedom to slave away for my biz lord. freedom to work for less money per/hour, for more works of work, and greater value for their fin numbers and worse fin numbers for me.
but think how mad the libs will be!

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

I'm glad this didn't drag out like 2 weeks and they can issue a quick "lol no"

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

Asterite34 posted:

Look, just be happy that there isn't any obvious Nazi iconography in the bits we can see here

The checkerboard pattern is an easy cover-up

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Silly Burrito posted:

Dat Cat rear end

:laugh:

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Waffle House posted:

That's super petty, like they're actually overbalanced on WE DONT NEED NO REGULATION, I don't actually see businesses taking advantage of this. It's hollow-victory, empty-handed paper pushing unless you're just like such a loving bean counter that you're the kind of Scrooge-rear end business owner whose career and probably home life involves a lot of heavy-handed shouting at people for taking lunch on the clock because you simply can't be assed to have a clear policy in effect
You’re accurately describing the GOP base

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Nessus posted:

You’re accurately describing the GOP base

Suddenly also realizing I have described much of the past several years perhaps decade of GOP policy, especially in its reactionary sense

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

lmao that chyron: BIDEN IGNORES IMMIGRANT RAPISTS while eating ICE CREAM!!!!!!!!!!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
That KY bill just blows my mind, like how are people okay with that lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Nooner posted:

That KY bill just blows my mind, like how are people okay with that lmao

people who are directly, materially harmed by it will cheer when it passes because it may also hurt the people they hate