Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
baby gronk retired

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

BlindSite posted:

I love dogs, but I'm out of the house for 12 hours a day at a minimum and I try to fill my weekend with a bunch of poo poo so I don't become a shut in. I know dogs have no concept of time but I couldn't leave my mate alone all day every day like that.

I've thought about a cat, but I've never had one and they kinda seem like dicks.

Not sure I'd agree that dogs have no concept of time considering how my dogs act when I get home if I've been gone a few hours (or how they acted when I got back after being gone two weeks last summer)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Do any of you have a Shiba Inu, Akita, or a Husky? Who knows when we’ll get one, but Braks is amenable to getting a dog if it’s a large inside one. In her words: “I basically want a house bear”.

Our former bulldog is what I’d consider medium, so how is it having a large inside dog?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Joey Freshwater posted:

Wow Mitch McConnell stepping down. Thought for sure he’d die in office.

Wonder what psycho is gonna replace him

John Romero posted:

baby gronk retired

What a day.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Silly Burrito posted:

Do any of you have a Shiba Inu, Akita, or a Husky? Who knows when we’ll get one, but Braks is amenable to getting a dog if it’s a large inside one. In her words: “I basically want a house bear”.

Our former bulldog is what I’d consider medium, so how is it having a large inside dog?

Ever considered labs? Had a couple as a kid, they were about 80 lbs. Big, lazy rear end dogs. The American ideal :911:

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Our 90lb lab mix is a lap dog, great until your legs fall asleep

Russian Guyovitch
Apr 22, 2008

Some little mice sat in the barn to spin. Pussy came by and popped her head in. What are you doing my little men?

Silly Burrito posted:

My best friend growing up had an Akita, and it was a terrifying dog. It was massive, incredibly strong and did not like people. The family pretty much had to give up on having guests in their home for years.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

seiferguy posted:

Ever considered labs? Had a couple as a kid, they were about 80 lbs. Big, lazy rear end dogs. The American ideal :911:

Hadn’t thought about them but I do love labs.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
A friend of mine had a Husky when we were in HS, the drat dog was nice but it was incredibly strong and if it decided to be somewhere it was hard to get rid of it. Also the tail is the perfect height to knock all your food and beverage off your side table/ottoman.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Husky’s are to drat loud

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Husky’s are perfect and watching them blow out their winter coat in spring/summer is hilarious

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I watch a lot of dog grooming TikToks and watching huskies sing is amazing.

I am just not a fan of small dogs. They're fine, but not what I'm going for. If I'm having a dog, I want A Dog. Labs are good. I like labs and I know they're good to train and get along with cats. I'm amenable to a lab. I just love the faces of Akitas. They're so cute! Which I know is not a good reason to choose a dog so don't lecture me, ok?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

I had an Akita growing up and she was sweet as hell and didn’t need a ton of exercise. We had a back yard and did walks every day. But oh god she shed like a mofo.

I was in FL at the time and I didn’t think about having a cold weather dog in that kind of climate. I don’t remember it bothering her but I was also in like middle school/high school so I didn’t know anything

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Aren’t huskies pretty known for being attached to only one person?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Russian Guyovitch posted:

Wait, I think we might be in the same court. I’m in the same situation and was sent to the criminal trial. They’re still on the second batch of ten jurors to be interviewed.

Woburn MA?

Anyway. They kicked me out about 2 minutes in. Hardships question and the judge just went... yep, bye

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

No Butt Stuff posted:

Aren’t huskies pretty known for being attached to only one person?

Literally everyone in this house is attached to me, including the cat, so that wouldn't be new.

Maybe it would be nice if the dog was attached to SB. I'm tired.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Joey Freshwater posted:

Just from leadership, not vacating his senate seat. Obviously McConnell sucks but the Senate is about to get a lot stupider, somehow

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Silly Burrito posted:

My sister had a Shiba Inu on her farm. it was a psychotic monster that they had gotten mostly to try and protect the chickens and whatnot from coyotes but was just the angriest most aggressive dog I had met considering the other shiba inu's I had met.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Braksgirl posted:

I watch a lot of dog grooming TikToks and watching huskies sing is amazing.

I am just not a fan of small dogs. They're fine, but not what I'm going for. If I'm having a dog, I want A Dog. Labs are good. I like labs and I know they're good to train and get along with cats. I'm amenable to a lab. I just love the faces of Akitas. They're so cute! Which I know is not a good reason to choose a dog so don't lecture me, ok?

I had a half lab / half rottweiler growing up. Very sweet dog, loyal and protective, and after initial barks would be friendly to guests. Plus she was great at chasing away wild animals that popped up in our yard. She also did very well when we got our cat:

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Silly Burrito posted:

House bear? How does a Rottweiler sound?

They can get a bad rap because of lovely owners, but Elvira is the sweetest dog and is phenomenal with kids. I also had a Rottweiler/lab mix growing up, and he was great as well.

Russian Guyovitch
Apr 22, 2008

Some little mice sat in the barn to spin. Pussy came by and popped her head in. What are you doing my little men?

Kalli posted:

Woburn MA?

Anyway. They kicked me out about 2 minutes in. Hardships question and the judge just went... yep, bye

Yeah, I’m in Woburn. When we went to lunch, the court officer told us they were interviewing juror #28 and they had already impaneled 9 out of 14. I’m number 51, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed that they fill up before they get to me.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Joey Freshwater posted:

The Republican whip and thus most likely person is John Thune of South Dakota. Garden variety shithead, a bad copy of Mitt Romney. He weakly called for Trump to let the election go after January 6th so he currently fails the MAGA purity test.

If Thune is a no, then it could be John Barasso of Wyoming or Rick Scott of Florida. All three are the same person in different suits.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Silly Burrito posted:

Don't get a Husky if you're living in Louisiana, that's way too hot for them.

I kind of want a Leonberger, but not until my kid is out of the house and I move out to the country or something.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Russian Guyovitch posted:

Yeah, I’m in Woburn. When we went to lunch, the court officer told us they were interviewing juror #28 and they had already impaneled 9 out of 14. I’m number 51, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed that they fill up before they get to me.

Ah dang, small world. I was the asian-ish dude with the programmer ponytail chatting up all the bored housewives.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

ozymandius1024 posted:

House bear? How does a Rottweiler sound?

They can get a bad rap because of lovely owners, but Elvira is the sweetest dog and is phenomenal with kids. I also had a Rottweiler/lab mix growing up, and he was great as well.

I’m cool with those. The only dog I’m against is a Doberman because one attacked me as a kid. It was my uncle’s dog, and I completely understand that bad owners can cause a lot of problems with all kinds of breeds, but Dobermans are just too much for me.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I dated a girl whose dad had an English Labrador. Very sweet enormous dog. I remember during Covid being out on a walk and seeing a woman pushing a stroller that had a baby and a husky pup and thinking "oh that's sweet, the kid's going to grow up with a best friend" then thinking "that kid is going to have a really lovely year of middle school."

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I’m surprised I don’t have a fear of dogs, when I was in elementary school my childhood friend’s family had this loving mean rear end Waterspaniel (which is a weird thing to think about in hindsight lol) that would snarl and bare its teeth at you if you were within 15 feet of it, and I got caught out coming around the corner to him one time and got bit. Idk why they kept that dog around with so many kids around the house, especially their daughter and her neighbor friends that were all toddlers. Then in middle school another friend’s family had this fuckin dickhead German Shepard who also got me one time. Just an entirely unpleasant and mean dog that wanted to gently caress up anyone that wasn’t his owners. I still don’t like German Shepards because of him. gently caress you Josh and your stupid human name!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
10 years late but compared to Feinstein he’s early

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Also dog chat but I know Ross will agree with me here - Weims are awesome as hell. Love my weims. Pure fun. I also have a big yard to YMMV

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
If you want a house bear get you a Jameson

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Joey Freshwater posted:

If you want a house bear get you a Jameson

Oh I love him! Look at his face!

I love all the dogs in here today. Thank you.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Braksgirl posted:

Oh I love him! Look at his face!

I love all the dogs in here today. Thank you.

He’s the best boy. So sweet and friendly, awesome with kids too. He’s an English Cream Retriever but all Retrievers are amazing dogs.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Ribs barely fit.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/discussingfilm/status/1762912106700034118?s=46&t=LoZaJh99UmJ9X87kU4A0dA

Oh my god

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I can't imagine a world where that's any good

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

I hope OJ is available

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

LET'S FUCKIN GO

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I refuse to believe that anyone other than Leslie Nielson could play Lt. Frank Drebin. There's no way this works.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I mean prior to that stuff Frank Drebin was a serious actor, it could maybe work if he just deadpans it as Taken guy while character actors goof around him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Im so tired of remakes that didn’t need to happen.

I saw they remade Mean Girls and it’s like…why? I LOVE Mean Girls and I’m not afraid to say it. The remake is just that, a scene for scene remake with some stuff updated for present day lingo or whatever. It even has Tina Fey and Meadows playing the same characters. It’s the same movie just most of the characters recast.