Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Owning the libs as I work 7 days straight with no breaks, can't afford lunch anyways thanks to all this BIDENFLATION

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

This just in-- Kentucky sucks and their voters are the reason.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Buce posted:

people who are directly, materially harmed by it will cheer when it passes because it may also hurt the people they hate

Most of them literally dont know any better.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Nooner posted:

That KY bill just blows my mind, like how are people okay with that lmao

The only way for our economic condition to improve is for our overlords to enslave us

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I like his response to Seth Meyers bringing up that he was 81 going "Woah, who the hell told you that? :haw:"

Also lol that The loving Tonight Show's brand has been so diminished under Jimmy Fallon that the President of the United States wants nothing to do with it and goes on the super late night show that comes on after midnight instead.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Nooner posted:

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Weird seeing a president who can interact normally with other human beings.

Self-deprecating humor instead of outlandish lies.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

To be fair, it doesn’t take very long to say “lol nah”

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Oh so the appeals court is going to make a decision today on Trumps case. That's gonna be a serious lol

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

I like his response to Seth Meyers bringing up that he was 81 going "Woah, who the hell told you that? :haw:"

Also lol that The loving Tonight Show's brand has been so diminished under Jimmy Fallon that the President of the United States wants nothing to do with it and goes on the super late night show that comes on after midnight instead.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Well, you see the workers will just decide to work at the companies that do provide breaks. Free market solutions ftw

*No breaks becomes industry standard*

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

nine-gear crow posted:

Jimmy Fallon is a bozo and doesn't have the weight to actually interview the president properly while also being funny. His Trump and Obama interviews are proof enough.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Nooner posted:

They can't read and they're more upset that immigrants exist and they need to prepare the landscape so that when they're a billionaire they're completely unfettered by anything

They're loving stupid and they ruined their own state because of it (and their dumb hatred), both factors the wealthy have used to turbo-gently caress them but their hate makes them think they're aligned with the people who are currently and inexhaustibly blasting them in the rear end

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Hobo Clown posted:

You know how long it takes to read 2000 pages? Teflon Don delays consequences again

:smugdon:

:tipshat:

It would take me roughly 2 days but I read fast.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

christ. Pensylvannia has its issues but holy poo poo that work bill and education chart are depressing.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM39i8CPink

could have been worse.

Counted
Apr 28, 2023

Waffle House posted:

That's super petty, like they're actually overbalanced on WE DONT NEED NO REGULATION, I don't actually see businesses taking advantage of this. It's hollow-victory, empty-handed paper pushing unless you're just like such a loving bean counter that you're the kind of Scrooge-rear end business owner whose career and probably home life involves a lot of heavy-handed shouting at people for taking lunch on the clock because you simply can't be assed to have a clear policy in effect

Agreed, petty as gently caress and a lot of big businesses probably won't do a drat thing unless they thought they could get away with it long-term.

However, what you described is the kind of owners and management I dealt with doing dispatch for furniture delivery from two different smaller companies, they 100 percent exist. Some of the provisions in there really target the blue collar types, particularly the part about employers no longer needing to get pay for travel to and from work as billable hours.

Just takes a few dipshits like the people who wrote the bill to be in charge at a few small businesses, and it will 1000 percent happen. Small business tyrannical types and middle management at a few bigger companies already try to get their workers to skip lunch in creative ways. If they wake up one morning and realize they don't have a legal reason not to give them anymore? It'll probably seem like a hosed up version of Christmas for them if they could ACTUALLY tell that one guy who dares to always take his breaks on time "no, you're not going to do that and actually I need you for 3 more days in a row now."

poo poo like this makes me want to pivot out of healthcare and go back to school for something related to labor rights, I'm seriously considering it.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Down ballot primaries and local elections sometimes.
North Carolina put the "No Gay Marriage" amendment ballot proposal during the primary ballot in 2004, not the general election.

And yes, NC banned gay marriage on a ballot proposal that was not held during a general election (it probably would have passed in the general, NC went with Bush in 2004)

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

jokes posted:

The irony that a guy isn't able to put up the assets for judgment on a case where he lied about how much assets he had

Lmao wait, did he actually admit he's leveraged to poo poo/ broke?

Like he legally admitted it?

Lmao

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

Hollismason posted:

He seriously sent a 2 thousand page brief

It is literally this comic

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Holy loving poo poo :lol:

CHIMERAS???

Hell yeah I need to clone myself so I will finally have someone who understands me to talk to.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

That Hazbin Hotel series is really taking a dive

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

TulliusCicero posted:

Lmao

lol

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

TulliusCicero posted:

Lmao

he said under oath he has 400m in liquid and is worth 10b total

now he says he can produce 100m and needs time to come up with the rest :lol:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

nine-gear crow posted:

didnt J. Fallon help normalize Don in 2016?

e: oh J. Fallon did the head pat, yeah gently caress him.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Actually, he wants 450,000,000, with interest

Please get it right Habba

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Let's be serious. He can't produce the 100 milly.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

This just in-- Kentucky sucks and their voters are the reason.

Ah, the goon who kramered in to say people making fun of Kentucky is the problem with Kentucky :allears:

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Batterypowered7 posted:

Keep voting for the GOP, Kentucky. See where that gets you.

"Yeah but at least Republicans aren't weak on the border! No we're not racist I have a black friend" - every Kentucky Republican, probably

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

there's a catch

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

Let's be serious. He can't produce the 100 milly.

He shows up in court with a bunch of horses

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

quote the post

MrQwerty posted:

Ah, the goon who kramered in to say people making fun of Kentucky is the problem with Kentucky :allears:

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

kazil posted:

there's a catch

cmon anil dont let us down

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

quote the post

I don't know where it is anymore, I never bookmarked it and it's threads ago

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Ahh. So the reason Engoron never bothered revoking the Trump Org business license is because there isn't going to be any business left to revoke once Letitia James is finished stripping the bones clean.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

jokes posted:

He shows up in court with a bunch of horses

And Mike Pence for some reason.

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

Pmurt's movie about stealing the election, an ocean's eleven style heist, produced by ben shapiro

Mein Scamps

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

loving Moron posted:

And Mike Pence for some reason.

he wasn't invited he just showed up when he heard there were horses

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

kazil posted:

there's a catch

Lol of course