Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Illmade posted:

Do I think it is unlikely that a guy who set himself on fire posted a bunch of unhinged poo poo on the internet?

I don’t know, you’re the one who ran in here to post an obvious smear job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Can't believe a crypto dude who called people "humanitarian aid nutbags" for daring to suggest aid is being blocked from Gaza is indeed a liar. His twitter profile says he's supposed to be securing X from fake news and everything!

Esran
Apr 28, 2008

Thank you for your poorly sourced garbage, user that registered a month ago and has only posted in defense of Israel.

Esran fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Feb 28, 2024

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Illmade posted:

Do I think it is unlikely that a guy who set himself on fire posted a bunch of unhinged poo poo on the internet?

Ah, the "but it proves a lot that I believed this" defense of fake bullshit.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Illmade posted:

Unless there is a solid proof that the screenshot is real or at least one major media outlet verified it, maybe don't just go off something a rando on twitter posted.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

Illmade posted:

Dont care what you think new reg whose only posts in here have been trolling and posting fakes news in support of Israel.

Barrel Cactaur
Oct 6, 2021

I can't believe mossad blew :10bux: to try agitprop in the words least sympathetic forum.

idontpost69
Jun 26, 2023
acting like that post is a fabrication is pretty lol. you'd see that rhetoric a thousand times over in any leftist space with a hint of edge. could've picked it up listening to radio war nerd.

Illmade
Jan 17, 2024

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
PSYCORPS

Nothing is worth dying for, except Palestinians for Israel

punishedkissinger posted:

You can still go through his comments using this tool and that one isn't there. Objectively it is a fake and you are posting lies.

https://old.reddit.com/user/acebush1/

You can tell his protest was effective based on how obviously furious every zionist is about it.

I didn't know that this existed, thank you for showing me.

I cannot find the quote from the tweet so it looks like you guys might be right! Instead his comment history is filled totally sane and normal things like:

"Democracy is a sham"

"The Nova festival goers had it coming because they partied too close to Gaza"

And

"Hamas doesn't want to genocide Israel, they only want to 'wipe out' Israel. Totally different!"

We should all continue to lionize this totally mentally stable, not at all anti-semitic hero of the resistance.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

idontpost69 posted:

acting like that post is a fabrication is pretty lol. you'd see that rhetoric a thousand times over in any leftist space with a hint of edge. could've picked it up listening to radio war nerd.

it objectively is a fabrication

^^^^^ none of those quotes are real either

punishedkissinger fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Feb 28, 2024

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Illmade posted:

I didn't know that this existed, thank you for showing me.

I cannot find the quote from the tweet so it looks like you guys might be right! Instead his comment history is filled totally sane and normal things like:

"Democracy is a sham"

"The Nova festival goers had it coming because they partied too close to Gaza"

And

"Hamas doesn't want to genocide Israel, they only want to 'wipe out' Israel. Totally different!"

We should all continue to lionize this totally mentally stable, not at all anti-semitic hero of the resistance.

Whether you want to cast him as a nutter or not, the guy had more dignity and resolve than most people on the planet when it came down to how he chose to express his extreme resistance on an issue of absolute moral clarity. You trying to smear him in death is disgusting.

Esran
Apr 28, 2008

idontpost69 posted:

Yes, a hatred of Jews and a conflation of Israel with Judaism is something every leftist loves and tolerates.

Your delusions about the behavior of leftists is not evidence that post is real, which it very much seems not to be, given the lack of evidence for it.

Can we try to raise the quality of posting just a little bit here?

Esran fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Feb 28, 2024

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Illmade posted:

None of what you just paraphrased is antisemitic. People often develop totally unmerciful hostility toward dominant-caste civilians in racist or apartheid states - Whites in the Antebellum/Jim Crow South US, Whites in South Africa, "Aryan" Germans in Nazi Germany. A lot of people in this thread, and out in the world, hate (the vast majority of) Israelis or Israeli Jews for basically the same reason. It can become bigotry, or synchronize with it, but hating people for their legal privilege is not equivalent to hating them for their ethnic or religious identity.

If this guy held those same feelings, then I personally disagree on a philosophical level, but there's just no reason to think it came out of antisemitism or became antisemitism.

The reddit account is deleted. I think what matters the most in judging him, if we have that right, is the statement that he violently destroyed himself to broadcast, and there was nothing antisemitic in that.

Civilized Fishbot fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Feb 28, 2024

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Esran posted:

Yes, a hatred of Jews and a conflation of Israel with Judaism is something every leftist loves and tolerates.

Your delusions about the behavior of leftists is not evidence that post is real, which it very much seems not to be, given the lack of evidence for it.

Can we try to raise the quality of posting just a little bit here?

Maybe try posting something other than badly sourced nonsense

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Barrel Cactaur posted:

I can't believe mossad blew :10bux: to try agitprop in the words least sympathetic forum.
and the world's lowest-traffic forum

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Trying to piece together who a person really was via reddit shitposts is pointless anyway you aren't getting any sort of window into their soul or anything like that, imagine if someone based your entire existence and motivations around your SA posts. 95% of the time it's all cherry picked nonsense to support whatever narrative someone wants to push.

Illmade
Jan 17, 2024

PSYCORPS

I would simply not post apologia for the mass rape, murder and kidnapping of innocent civilians.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Illmade posted:

I would simply not post apologia for the mass rape, murder and kidnapping of innocent civilians.

You must really get fired up about the occupation of the West Bank right?

Esran
Apr 28, 2008

Illmade posted:

Then stop defending Israel.

Maybe it would be better if the Hasbara account left the thread? Their every post has been badly sourced, obvious propaganda, and now they're just trolling.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Illmade posted:

Stop doing so, then.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Illmade posted:

But enough about the IDF right?

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

Illmade posted:

The IDF are raping women and children

Illmade
Jan 17, 2024

PSYCORPS

DelilahFlowers posted:

The IDF are raping women and children

I hereby condemn all instances of the IDF committing rape. See how easy that is?

Esran
Apr 28, 2008
Edit: Sorry, will stop making GBS threads up the thread with responses to the propagandist.

Esran fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Feb 28, 2024

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
I condemn all instances of Hamas committing rape.
Easy to do as I've not seen any evidence of that happening. The most I've seen is IDF special ops claiming to have witnessed it.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

idontpost69 posted:

"Palestine will be free when all the Jews are dead" is the kind of blunt statement that you see in dry translations or from creatively bankrupt fabrications. It's equivalent to "Blacks Rule". Racists don't deliver their bigotry with that level of dry frankness, it's passionate intolerance mixed with public shame and reactionary commentary; a racist doesn't say "I want to kill all the Palestinians", they say things like "Free Palestine from Hamas." or "Hamas shot that medic.", they quote Golda Meir or bring up falsified statistics.

Real people relate their opinions to what's being talked about or their own experiences, they don't state an abstract desire to the camera like a character in a first-draft English student story.

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Feb 28, 2024

Esran
Apr 28, 2008
Since ZAKA was mentioned as an unreliable source last page, I think this is slightly relevant:

Remember that Obama staffer who harassed a food cart vendor in New York, celebrated the murder of Palestinian children ("“If we killed 4,000 Palestinian children, you know what? It wasn’t enough!"), and who was given a slap on the wrist for hate crimes?

He is (was?) on the ZAKA advisory board.

Illmade
Jan 17, 2024

PSYCORPS

Marenghi posted:

I condemn all instances of Hamas committing rape.
Easy to do as I've not seen any evidence of that happening. The most I've seen is IDF special ops claiming to have witnessed it.

Incredible moral clarity.

"I condemn the holocaust (the holocaust didn't happen)."

Hundreds of eyewitness accounts and videos of Hamas dragging naked corpses and women with bloody pants through the streets aren't enough for you. Sure the blood-crazed terrorists went door to door executing families and slaughtered an entire festival of civilians. But rape? Impossible! How dare you besmirch the good name of Hamas!

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

there are not hundreds of eyewitnesses. there's somewhere between 0 and 2

punishedkissinger fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Feb 28, 2024

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Illmade posted:

Incredible moral clarity.

"I condemn the holocaust (the holocaust didn't happen)."

Hundreds of eyewitness accounts and videos of Hamas dragging naked corpses and women with bloody pants through the streets aren't enough for you. Sure the blood-crazed terrorists went door to door executing families and slaughtered an entire festival of civilians. But rape? Impossible! How dare you besmirch the good name of Hamas!

Hundreds of eyewitness accounts? May I see them?

Esran
Apr 28, 2008
I guess there's fear Aaron's protest really struck a chord. The desperation to discredit or derail is palpable.

Esran fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Feb 28, 2024

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

They’re just over there, out of the frame.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Seriously, we only just had pages of discussion of the gigantic media scandal about sexual violence (and other particularly extreme crimes) reported on 10/7. Even from a decorum-poisoned debate-and-discussion perspective, is it too much to ask that people read a little bit of the thread before kramering in?

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Darth Walrus posted:

Seriously, we only just had pages of discussion of the gigantic media scandal about sexual violence (and other particularly extreme crimes) reported on 10/7. Even from a decorum-poisoned debate-and-discussion perspective, is it too much to ask that people read a little bit of the thread before kramering in?

They've read the thread.

Illmade
Jan 17, 2024

PSYCORPS

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/21/world/middleeast/israel-hamas-sexual-violence-report.html

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/04/middleeast/sexual-assault-october-7-israel-witness-int/index.html

https://apnews.com/article/sexual-assault-hamas-oct-7-attack-rape-bb06b950bb6794affb8d468cd283bc51

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/jan/18/evidence-points-to-systematic-use-of-rape-by-hamas-in-7-october-attacks

This isn't that hard, folks.

By the way, y'all's obsession with denying the possibility that even a single member of Hamas may have committed rape is really loving weird. As if the mass slaughter of 1200 civilians wasn't enough to justify Hamas's total obliteration.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

quote and name the witnesses

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

Most of those exact same articles have already been torn apart ITT. Be specific.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Illmade posted:

By the way, y'all's obsession with denying the possibility that even a single member of Hamas may have committed rape is really loving weird. As if the mass slaughter of 1200 civilians wasn't enough to justify Hamas's total obliteration.

Should the IDF and the coalition government in charge of Israel also be obliterated?

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Hamas didnt kill 1200 civilians, in fact they had a better military: civilian ratio than the idf lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illmade
Jan 17, 2024

PSYCORPS

cat botherer posted:

Most of those exact same articles have already been torn apart ITT. Be specific.

Literally nothing will satisfy you sickos except direct video of the rape taking place with signed testimony and id numbers of the Hamas members involved, and even then you will just say it is deepfake Joo propaganda.