Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I would watch this only to see how bad it turns out, but if Liam Neeson successfully makes a career turn like Leslie Nielsen did, then I'm here for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Braksgirl posted:

Literally everyone in this house is attached to me, including the cat, so that wouldn't be new.

Maybe it would be nice if the dog was attached to SB. I'm tired.

My mom used to have a labradoodle named Toby, and when my ex-wife and I had our house, we would occasionally dogsit for him.

Here he is alongside my hound-terrier mix, Iris.

She was still a puppy at this time. When she got uppity with him, he'd just put one of his massive paws on her head and basically say, "Silence, child."

Russian Guyovitch
Apr 22, 2008

Some little mice sat in the barn to spin. Pussy came by and popped her head in. What are you doing my little men?

Kalli posted:

Ah dang, small world. I was the asian-ish dude with the programmer ponytail chatting up all the bored housewives.

I was the goony-looking guy with big beard awkwardly trying to nap in a really uncomfortable chair. And congrats on getting out, I’m still waiting.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Kalli posted:

I mean prior to that stuff Frank Drebin was a serious actor, it could maybe work if he just deadpans it as Taken guy while character actors goof around him.
It worked in that one scene from Ted

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Quiet Feet posted:

I refuse to believe that anyone other than Leslie Nielson could play Lt. Frank Drebin. There's no way this works.

I'm pretty sure that getting the guy with the most similar name possible is the very first joke of the movie, but I can't really picture Neeson as a comic actor

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Russian Guyovitch posted:

I was the goony-looking guy with big beard awkwardly trying to nap in a really uncomfortable chair. And congrats on getting out, I’m still waiting.

Yeah, considering how few people they got through by near 1pm... they're gonna have to start moving to get through everyone today.

Goodluck.

I've always wanted to sit on a case though. This one was going to be a civil case about a wrongful termination and take a week and a half.... so maybe not that one.

My dad got an armored truck attempted robbery back in the day... now that's a case with some hair on its chest.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Rogue Elephant posted:

but I can't really picture Neeson as a comic actor

Someone hasn't seen Darkman.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Liam Neeson is the perfect actor for a straight man in absurd situations.

Apologies for Ricky Gervais but this poo poo is pretty good:

https://youtu.be/Z2Co0lvFUAo?si=siJ-4SWZH2Tt6iYH

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Ros (the hound) loves snow and running in it. Ein loves eating snow, but is so low to the ground he doesn't like it for long. Anyways, enjoy my cocaine dogs.

Bonus vid of Ros sledding:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPXOz34Vrpc

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I'm somewhat blown away that any two people on earth who know each other end up on Jury Duty at the same time in the same city, and then you add in the additional twist that they're two of the 50 people who still post here. Amazing.

I've gotten to the interview stage in two different murder trials over my 3 or so times receiving a summons.

Silly Burrito posted:

I hope OJ is available

The judge on one of the trials I almost but didn't get empaneled on was Lance Ito.

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy
My girlfriend has a husky and thankfully her vocals aren't too bad unless she really throws a fit. I've seen the videos of the ones that are basically screaming and I couldn't handle it.

Also I hope you have leather seats as the hair gets everywhere. I have carpet in my room where she will stay for the weekend and sheds so much I fill the vacuum canister every time afterwards.

I love the dog, I really do but she's a lot.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I will watch that movie for sure.

How is Liam Neeson going to be in a slapstick comedy without Ricky Gervais being involved!?!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Amy Pole Her posted:

I will watch that movie for sure.

How is Liam Neeson going to be in a slapstick comedy without Ricky Gervais being involved!?!

No one knows

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

seiferguy posted:

I had a half lab / half rottweiler growing up. Very sweet dog, loyal and protective, and after initial barks would be friendly to guests. Plus she was great at chasing away wild animals that popped up in our yard. She also did very well when we got our cat:

I love her

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
https://youtu.be/Z2Co0lvFUAo?si=r7YwfFKc4NJL-0jT

“We’re closed”

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

This almost certainly won't be good, but I like the meta humor of replacing Leslie Nielsen with a guy whose name kind of sounds like Leslie Nielsen.

Ether Frenzy posted:

I'm somewhat blown away that any two people on earth who know each other end up on Jury Duty at the same time in the same city, and then you add in the additional twist that they're two of the 50 people who still post here. Amazing.

When I had jury duty a few weeks ago a friend of mine here in the city also had it. Saw him in line to be let into the juror staging room or whatever but I had known from another friend/his girlfriend to watch out for him. But yes, both of you being in this thread makes it next-level.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Have none of y'all seen The Lego Movie? Liam Neeson was funny in that. He has range.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Im so tired of remakes that didn’t need to happen.

I saw they remade Mean Girls and it’s like…why? I LOVE Mean Girls and I’m not afraid to say it. The remake is just that, a scene for scene remake with some stuff updated for present day lingo or whatever. It even has Tina Fey and Meadows playing the same characters. It’s the same movie just most of the characters recast.

I thought the new one was based on a stage musical version of the movie. So the singing and dancing would be the reason (although based on the clips I've seen, it's not a very good reason, High School Musical was a made for tv movie almost twenty years ago and has better choreography and stars people that actually look like they could be in high school).

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://x.com/formerlyfiz/status/1762925936456921154?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Dog chat - I always had Labs growing up and would highly recommend them. The best dog personality, easy to train, and most importantly - they do not require grooming. I don't have time to get myself a haircut every 6 weeks, I am not about to do that for some labradoodle.

Also, a long time ago I had jury duty the same day as one of my best friends at the same courthouse. Neither of us were picked to be a juror though, we just hung out in the big juror room and then went home.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

C-Euro posted:

This almost certainly won't be good, but I like the meta humor of replacing Leslie Nielsen with a guy whose name kind of sounds like Leslie Nielsen.

wut. leslie neilsen's humor in naked gun was playing the straight man in an absurd world. i think it could work.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I've been called up for jury duty probably a half dozen times, but never had to show up in person. I either called (this was in California) and got a message saying I wasn't needed or (in Washington) I logged onto their website the day of and was told the same. One time in California I forgot to call, but given there weren't ever any consequences, I'm guessing I wasn't needed. Now that I work for the post office I kinda wish I would get jury duty, since the feds will pay my whole salary while I'm on a jury. Or at least get called in then dismissed after a couple hours so I could at least get a pay check for the day and still go home early.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
This guy never loving misses

https://twitter.com/ArtButSports/status/1762946127463059615?t=c_YQ582B_ti4gU9OIojnlg&s=19

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Haha yes. He was trying to get it settled for $100m and was crying that he might have to sell properties to pay it.

https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/1762945856192364614?t=IcXGVyfULNVYHrTYJBSbqA&s=19

Edit: I guess this is just the bond but still funny.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Well poo poo
https://x.com/LazlosGhost/status/1762942686867460370?s=20

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Ah gently caress, he was just on a recent Curb episode arguing with Larry about who would die first

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Ah gently caress, he was just on a recent Curb episode arguing with Larry about who would die first

Probably for the best this is the last season, his absence would be pretty noticeable from the show and make it melancholy.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Didn't he have cancer? I thought he had been sick for a while. Miss you Richard.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Upstairs has an American Bulldog and a pit mix. He's looking to start fostering dogs too and the rescue he wants to work with came out a few weeks ago to check the house out. It was little like when I'd place kids with relatives since the guy with the rescue agency talked with my gf and I little, mostly to see if we're fine with dogs and keep our cats inside, and he checked out our laundry room since that's our only shared space and the dogs can acceas it.

Russian Guyovitch
Apr 22, 2008

Some little mice sat in the barn to spin. Pussy came by and popped her head in. What are you doing my little men?

Kalli posted:

Yeah, considering how few people they got through by near 1pm... they're gonna have to start moving to get through everyone today.

Goodluck.

I've always wanted to sit on a case though. This one was going to be a civil case about a wrongful termination and take a week and a half.... so maybe not that one.

My dad got an armored truck attempted robbery back in the day... now that's a case with some hair on its chest.

Finally got dismissed. We went through a stretch of about 15 people with just two seats left to fill, then the two people right ahead of me got impaneled back to back. I made it out by the skin of my teeth.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Kalli posted:

I mean prior to that stuff Frank Drebin was a serious actor, it could maybe work if he just deadpans it as Taken guy while character actors goof around him.

I do like the idea of him grimly breaking necks while Sean William Scott or whoever mugs for the camera

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I think Neeson will be fine in that kinda role. Seth McFarlane has his weaknesses but he's the right choice if you want to make a remake imo.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i82528KGDdo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVWx1XvxyTU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNaMdnDP0Z8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWQTJcHKw3U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqOTfkg0ZHY

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Playing FF7 Remake as my first interaction with any of the FF series; fun enough so far. Seems like everyone would’ve been spared a lot of turmoil if they hadn’t swapped everything to Mako and just stuck with clean, reliable natural gas.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

RIP Prince John

He wasn't a wild pig but he was a wild bore

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
They gave me some stupid prepaid credit card for my ongoing grand jury service with extremely vague instructions on how to actually use it. Which I’m sure is by design; I bet the company that makes the card and the county split the uncollected pay. (This may not actually be how it works, but I don’t know why else they’d do it that way)

I guess it’s silly to be upset about being stiffed $150 from the county while I’m willfully passing on like $8000 of bonus at work, but the heart wants what the heart wants

General Dog fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Feb 28, 2024

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Bird in a Blender posted:

Didn't he have cancer? I thought he had been sick for a while. Miss you Richard.

According to the obit I read he had Parkinson's. Probably had prostate cancer at some point just because of his age.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

General Dog posted:

They gave me some stupid prepaid credit card for my ongoing grand jury service with extremely vague instructions on how to actually use it. Which I’m sure is by design; I bet the company that makes the card and the county split the uncollected pay. (This may not actually be how it works, but I don’t know why else they’d do it that way)

I guess it’s silly to be upset about being stiffed $150 from the county while I’m willfully passing on like $8000 of bonus at work, but the heart wants what the heart wants

The credit card company gets a cut of everything you purchase with the card. They probably just are cheaper for the county than hiring someone to send checks to everyone.

Also 8 grand? gently caress, even if you don't want the money that would have been a hell of a rock for the Doctor.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

General Dog posted:

Playing FF7 Remake as my first interaction with any of the FF series; fun enough so far. Seems like everyone would’ve been spared a lot of turmoil if they hadn’t swapped everything to Mako and just stuck with clean, reliable natural gas.

The original they do that in some expanded material

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Moving my dad to a new place since he doesn’t need the size (or the cost) of the house he and my mom had been renting, and found this fun item (Note: we live in Phoenix)