Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The most noteworthy thing about this to me is that Cody can't even get his crony hires main roster money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

Shawn Spear's best moment was killing Cody with a chair shot, it looked super sick and scrambled Cody's brains just enough for him to think he was the hero who solved racism

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MJeff posted:

The most noteworthy thing about this to me is that Cody can't even get his crony hires main roster money.

He couldn't even get QT a training job.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Spears drinking wine and betting on matches with MJF was his peak.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Paying2Lurk posted:

Absolutely

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Paying2Lurk posted:

Yeah, this is probably true. I think he’s best when he’s a little goofy and lovely and just a wiener. He doesn’t work as well for me trying to be a serious badass guy.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MJeff posted:

He runs a school with tyler breeze full time so i think this was probably more convenient for him and his family if he is trying to split time home

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

Shawn Spear's best moment was killing Cody with a chair shot, it looked super sick and scrambled Cody's brains just enough for him to think he was the hero who solved racism

When he came out as number 10 in the rumble got a chuckle outta me

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Whatever you think of him as a talent, Spears is much more important as the first AEW defection to Dwayne's NXT, which is going to become a lot more common as people realize the Rock is back in control

Activate
Oct 29, 2011

Shawn Spears as the chairman made me smile a lot and I’m glad to see him get paid.

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

projecthalaxy posted:

Whatever you think of him as a talent, Spears is much more important as the first AEW defection to Dwayne's NXT, which is going to become a lot more common as people realize the Rock is back in control

I hope AEW doesn't let Parker Boudreaux slip away next 😔

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Shawn Spears jumping to NXT was not on my bingo card

I thought that AEW did a great job at giving Spears a makeover with The Chairman gimmick. They also managed to give him a fantastic entrance that wasn't a rip off of the 10 stuff from WWE. Not sure why AEW started ripping that off at the end of his contract.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNe9cJXMVp4

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

if cool people doing unexpected things are the letters of the bingo card shawn spears going to NXT would be like, a @

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Astro7x posted:

Not sure why AEW started ripping that off at the end of his contract.

its because they realized 10 guy was only a nostalgia pop, op

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Astro7x posted:

Shawn Spears jumping to NXT was not on my bingo card

I thought that AEW did a great job at giving Spears a makeover with The Chairman gimmick. They also managed to give him a fantastic entrance that wasn't a rip off of the 10 stuff from WWE. Not sure why AEW started ripping that off at the end of his contract.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNe9cJXMVp4

“Hey TK, can I do the ten schtick again now the Preston Vance left the Dark Order?”
“Huh? Sure, whatever, go for it.”

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

the tye dillinger escape plan

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

panko posted:

the tye dillinger escape plan

Calculating Downside

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://wrestlenomics.com/daily-tv-ratings/2024/wwe-nxt-feb-27-on-usa-network-570000-viewers-0-16-p18-49-rating-tv-ratings-analysis/

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Gavok posted:

He heard there was an open spot for chairman pervert

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

lol geez are we gonna go from NXT beating AEW in the demo head to head back to the old days AEW doubling NXT in the demo in less than six months?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Ganso Bomb posted:

Yeah, this is probably true. I think he’s best when he’s a little goofy and lovely and just a wiener. He doesn’t work as well for me trying to be a serious badass guy.

Except when he has Tully on his undies

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

MJeff posted:

lol geez are we gonna go from NXT beating AEW in the demo head to head back to the old days AEW doubling NXT in the demo in less than six months?

its a marathon not a sprint

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

they beat our developmental show? good for them

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I recall on observer they said Shawn spears was the guy who had the idea to bring Erik redbeard in for the Brodie tribute show so it’s a bummer for AEW to lose him as a backstage contributor.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The gains that came from Main roster stars appearing on NXT going away when those same stars stop appearing? Yeah, totally saw that happening

SatoshiMiwa fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Feb 29, 2024

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
there’s something weird about his beard. not beepie weird, but just off.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

SatoshiMiwa posted:

The gains that came from Main roster stars appearing on NXT going away when those same stars stop appearing? Yeah, totally saw that happening

you think baron corbin and shawn spears arent "major stars"??? frickin... lexis king??? true hater stuff ugh

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
there is only one Chairman of Wrestling and that's LA Park

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It's Beepie's world, and now Shawn Spears is living in it

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

I'm curious what caused so many old people to tune out of NXT. Obviously their demo is down from their Becky Lynch peak this fall but 2 years ago when they were down to .12s they could still get 600,000+ viewers.

Maybe they all died of COVID.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

MassRafTer posted:

I'm curious what caused so many old people to tune out of NXT. Obviously their demo is down from their Becky Lynch peak this fall but 2 years ago when they were down to .12s they could still get 600,000+ viewers.

It stinks plain & simple. The promos & writing are god awful, and the Feds system of training athletes from the bottom up to become pro wrestlers on a national television show is showing how bad that system is.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

first pillman jr and now spears - at this rate they are going to have kip sabian, scorpio sky and a few other forever midcarders that are constantly forgotten about also make the jump and aew will never recover from the loss of all of that 'oh they're still on the roster?' talent

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Pylons posted:

He couldn't even get QT a training job.

He would destabilize the PC by being good at his job.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
maybe the USA network lead in isnt good for old people anymore

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Orange Carlisle posted:

first pillman jr and now spears - at this rate they are going to have kip sabian, scorpio sky and a few other forever midcarders that are constantly forgotten about also make the jump and aew will never recover from the loss of all of that 'oh they're still on the roster?' talent

with weird beards

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Orange Carlisle posted:

Please let WWE Sign Scorpio Sky it will be so funny

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

what main roster people have been on lately

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Orange Carlisle posted:

sign scorpio sky and put him in a tag team with 2 cold scorpio

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

what main roster people have been on lately

The Good Brothers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Putting aside all the unsavouriness of WWE as an entity for a moment, for me it was just rapidly waning interest. Raw and Smackdown sucked poo poo, but at least NXT was good. And then it started to feel like a chore to sit through. But hey, at least the TakeOver shows were good right? Until those turned into poo poo.

For me, I pretty much tuned out at around the time it got expanded to two hours and was treated as a "third brand."

And then we got NXT2.0 and it was like

https://twitter.com/zacksabrejr/status/1119752914199703552