Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Cross-quoting from the Online Creators thread to highlight a channel that makes a great companion to the Tokimeki Memorial vid

mycophobia posted:

a cool very underviewed channel is bapsago, a south korean lady who reviews dating sims

https://www.youtube.com/@bapsago/videos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://clips.twitch.tv/RespectfulBrainyMangoArgieB8-7D4pad4pKlLfwMyN

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

Count no video released until the goblin bunker push notification arrives

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Don't trust this, there's never going to be a new video

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

"lol"

lol (still)

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Sir Tonk posted:

Don't trust this, there's never going to be a new video

Tim has no pages frames

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
new policy, videos only in even numbered years

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

Look it takes 2 years to truly review a game with Tim's highly methodical process

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Honestly, I was revisiting the Cyberpunk review and hearing him talk about how he was taking 100 hour work weeks to get Tokimeki Memorial out vs finally being forced to limit himself to 40 hour weeks after his medical intervention really did alter my brain to like. If it’s genuinely impossible for Tim to make a 30 minute review, then sure, take as many years as you need man.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'll know the next video is close to done when Insert Credit is really good (cause Tim is not on it interrupting to talk about how he owns a gosh darn mister Jerry every five seconds cause he's busy editing)

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I can't listen to Tim unscripted, i tried and it felt like he was annoying the other hosts the whole time (maybe he was just annoying me)

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Nerdietalk posted:

Honestly, I was revisiting the Cyberpunk review and hearing him talk about how he was taking 100 hour work weeks to get Tokimeki Memorial out vs finally being forced to limit himself to 40 hour weeks after his medical intervention really did alter my brain to like. If it’s genuinely impossible for Tim to make a 30 minute review, then sure, take as many years as you need man.

These anecdotes from Tim only reinforce the importance of delegating tasks to others and working with a team on larger productions like his videos.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I'll know the next video is close to done when Insert Credit is really good (cause Tim is not on it interrupting to talk about how he owns a gosh darn mister Jerry every five seconds cause he's busy editing)

I think Insert Credit would be a lot better if they introduced a 2nd timer at 3 minutes into the question after which Tim is not allowed to speak.

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

Tim can take as long as he wants, I'm not supporting him on patreon I don't care lol

But don't be so self-serious that you can't find the humor in a video game review taking over a year, cmon now

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

on one hand I need that tasty morsel of the LA Noire review

but on the other I still haven't finished the boku no natsuyasumi review so who am I to complain

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Insert Credit can be good when Tim gets really deranged like choosing to defend Tetsuya Nomura when the question of "which game dev would make the best/worst xmas party" and someone made a belt joke.

The cohosts I genuinely enjoy, but it's just really funny that a sober Tim Rogers serves the same role as a drunken uncle.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
ah, mamma mia!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

bird. posted:

Tim can take as long as he wants, I'm not supporting him on patreon I don't care lol

But don't be so self-serious that you can't find the humor in a video game review taking over a year, cmon now

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

What game is he reviewing anyway?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Warbird posted:

Truck Heck

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Warbird posted:

some garb

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
new year so its time for a new video!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

lol

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The new video was ready but mostly plagiarized, so after hbomberguys video Tim had to redo it

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

At least there's a new extra-long "best video game of all time" episode of Insert Credit for more too-long Tim rambles.
Good gimmick too, very appropriately Insert Credit - only games with a Metacritic score under 80.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
New year, new video!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

brand new year, same great cope

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

That all this NFL music is actually just licensed library music makes me wonder if the bizzarre pirate music used in the NFL Fever ‘02 trailer that has been rattling around my head for 22 years is similar

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nnv7tqTsDFA

Tim would be able to rattle off the answer precisely, that’s for sure

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Don’t you want to invent the new violence?

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Dijkstracula posted:

That all this NFL music is actually just licensed library music makes me wonder if the bizzarre pirate music used in the NFL Fever ‘02 trailer that has been rattling around my head for 22 years is similar

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nnv7tqTsDFA

Tim would be able to rattle off the answer precisely, that’s for sure

Yes, it is, actually. ESPN actually has its own football music as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCIHjcOm23E&t=299s

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

ESPN should use the same theme when they broadcast senate committee hearings

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Well that's cool, I had no idea that the music is associated with NFL!
Please tell me they play this on every touchdown:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQ119F-4VGY

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

I genuinely thought that song was a cut off the soundtrack for Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age (ドラゴンクエストXI 過ぎ去りし時を求めて, trans. "Dragon Quest XI: In Search of a Passing Time"); tim you scamp

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
hm i wish i had something new to watch this evening. oh well time to look at my youtube subscriptions

(spit take)

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I only watched a few minutes of his stream last week but he seemed to have a bit of mixed feeling about FF7 remake 2. I simply trust tetsuya nomura to show me a good time

No Mods No Masters fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Feb 29, 2024

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
ban this mother fucker

e: wtf how dare you get in my way like this

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

Dijkstracula posted:

ESPN should use the same theme when they broadcast senate committee hearings

persuant to this previous joke, I realized that as a non-American I confused ESPN with C-SPAN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
man reading through the archived and buried tim essays is wild. why did he get stalked and shoved down stairs by the yakuza