Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

I still refuse to believe that’s the weakest card when the “stick people’s hands together” card exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Bakeneko posted:

I still refuse to believe that’s the weakest card when the “stick people’s hands together” card exists.

That one is also a 2, but I agree that it seems underwhelming even compared to the other 2s.

Speaking of which, I always found it funny that Chelsea is mad at Chris for being a phony when she's the phoniest kind of person imaginable: a social media influencer.

Edit: I wonder if Lala is unique, or if there are similar beings and magical artifacts in other countries. Maybe this world's equivalents of Italy and Japan have their own sets of magical cards that are tarot cards and hanafuda cards, respectively, instead of regular playing cards.

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Feb 27, 2024

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

SlowBloke posted:

It is a sling.

it's a slingshot. A sling is something different and even older.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

The OP warned us, but still. The CGI in Villainess 99 sure is something

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Thankfully the CGI isn't carrying the show. It's bad, but it's acceptable.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Brutal Garcon posted:

The dragon in 2D managed to look even worse really, it wasn't animated at all.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The anime dragon classic

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 days!)

Brutal Garcon posted:

its amazing.

great Villainess 99. The janky cgi dragon made it all the more amazing. Loved the scene where she's hugging it and its just moving around in her arms like a dog. and when she's going to sleep with it with the little nap cap.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

SlowBloke posted:

The dragon in 2D managed to look even worse really, it wasn't animated at all.

I guess some people just don't like animals.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

love how Patrick just resigned himself to her shenanigans

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

I thought it was cute, CGI aside, but then I don't have to share a school with it.

Clearly the dragon actually is bad cgi, and looked like that in the game. (By the same logic: the human characters actually, diagetically, look like anime characters)

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i skipped it, but watched a few clips of Moonlit Fantasy on youtube, a bit interested in starting it now.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I think everybody skipped that show due to isekai fatigue. Let us know if it's any good.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I remember reading the manga and then the webnovel of moonlit fantasy, I think it does some pretty interesting things although I don't necessarily think it sticks the landing on all of it. I like the main cast of characters, and the mc himself is relatively normal as far as isekai protagonists go. His whole weird pocket dimension thing goes in a fascinating direction eventually but it's stuff that the anime and probably manga will never get to since it's so god drat far away. I remember the series went on hiatus while I was reading the webnovel and I think it has started back up again, but I haven't gone back yet.

iirc someone watching the new season said they start out season 2 with multiple episodes of backfilling necessary plot that was supposed to be in season 1 but got skipped to fit an entire arc into it, and so season 2 unfortunately starts off on the wrong foot.

But as far as overpowered isekai series go, as someone who has read waaaaay too many of them, it's definitely one of the ones I like more out of all of them.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

If you're watching the first season then going right into the second like I did it's not as jarring.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Doctor Elise is approaching Detective Conan levels wherever she turns up, a medical emergency just occurs.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

GateOfD posted:

Doctor Elise is approaching Detective Conan levels wherever she turns up, a medical emergency just occurs.

Are we reaching Jessica Fletcher levels of mandatory deaths if she stops somewhere?

Edit: Today's Metallic rouge episode somehow managed to make the already incomprehensible plot even more hosed up.

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Feb 28, 2024

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Thanks to needing a new murder each episode, the fictional town in murder, she wrote had a higher murder rate than NYC, Detroit, or Chicago. If a real small town had so many murders people would be leaving en mass.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Asking the High Card writers why they don't care about Vijay.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sure is a lot going on in Metallic Rouge

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Kwyndig posted:

Thanks to needing a new murder each episode, the fictional town in murder, she wrote had a higher murder rate than NYC, Detroit, or Chicago. If a real small town had so many murders people would be leaving en mass.

I've always wondered which fictional location had a worse murder per citizen density quota, murder she wrote or midsomer murders.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

GateOfD posted:

its amazing.

great Villainess 99. The janky cgi dragon made it all the more amazing. Loved the scene where she's hugging it and its just moving around in her arms like a dog. and when she's going to sleep with it with the little nap cap.

I liked how she put a night cap on the egg too before it hatched.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

It's also one of the few times she's shown emotion, which is cool.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

One series not really talked about here that's honestly been quite good is Foolish Angel. It did have a somewhat rough first episode, but once you're past that and part of the second it's really been quite fun.

On the other hand, Ishura had a utter mess of a beginning 5 episodes - something even people who really like the story agree is an issue with the LN as well - but once the main plot starts rolling it's a fairly decent overall plot. Unfortunately it's still weighed down by two of the focus characters being Yuno and Elea. Yuno's feelings are certainly believable, but that doesn't make her any more fun to watch, and while I can see where they're likely going with Elea, her plot kind of requires just ignoring people not questioning the contents of conversations going on right next to them.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Isura would make an okay rpg, where each chapter you control a different character, then like chapter 6 they all join together.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Brutal Garcon posted:

I thought it was cute, CGI aside, but then I don't have to share a school with it.

Clearly the dragon actually is bad cgi, and looked like that in the game. (By the same logic: the human characters actually, diagetically, look like anime characters)

I only just realized the three male leads are basically interchangable with the ones from Im in love with the Villainess. Otome game archetypes I guess.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

are they even? a lot of these series are questionably familiar with actual otome games and neither am i so i never know which parts they're bsing

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Metallic Rouge this week heavy w, funnily enough, Rahxephon vibes(Izabuchi's on both), both from the first half's setting; reminiscent of that flashback ep, real ones know; and in how goddamn everyone is related.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I don't think Metallic Rouge which pull together to be a good show but I do feel safe in saying it won't be boring nor as convoluted as Captain Earth

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

symbolic posted:

Metallic Rouge has unfortunately ended up in the chasm of "i'll watch the new ep tomorrow, oh how do i have four eps to catch up with" for no real reason, though given its approach to the exposition and pacing it might be ideal to binge it? not sure, but tomorrow...catching up for sure

hmmm. tomorrow for sure

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

GateOfD posted:

i skipped it, but watched a few clips of Moonlit Fantasy on youtube, a bit interested in starting it now.

Kwyndig posted:

I think everybody skipped that show due to isekai fatigue. Let us know if it's any good.

Captain Invictus posted:

I remember reading the manga and then the webnovel of moonlit fantasy, I think it does some pretty interesting things although I don't necessarily think it sticks the landing on all of it. I like the main cast of characters, and the mc himself is relatively normal as far as isekai protagonists go. His whole weird pocket dimension thing goes in a fascinating direction eventually but it's stuff that the anime and probably manga will never get to since it's so god drat far away. I remember the series went on hiatus while I was reading the webnovel and I think it has started back up again, but I haven't gone back yet.

iirc someone watching the new season said they start out season 2 with multiple episodes of backfilling necessary plot that was supposed to be in season 1 but got skipped to fit an entire arc into it, and so season 2 unfortunately starts off on the wrong foot.

But as far as overpowered isekai series go, as someone who has read waaaaay too many of them, it's definitely one of the ones I like more out of all of them.

There's a weird thing where the protagonist can speak every language in the fantasy world except Common so he can never talk directly with humans and has to magically generate visible speech bubbles for them to read whenever he has anything to say to them, which is an interesting twist but it gets old pretty quickly. There's a lot of fun scenes where his two main followers (who are actually disaster-class monsters evolved into human form) go absolutely ham and wreck entire city blocks by accident

And yeah, season 2 starts with several episodes of backfill which was annoying for weekly watchers but they should flow past pretty quickly if someone is catching up

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/WSJ_manga/status/1763044017862783158?t=NugYb_cdygYeQSbLcSgPhg&s=19

Imagine Dragons and OneRepublic, huh.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

it's so over

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Holy poo poo they are both awful. Is it only for the twitter feeds or worldwide?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its gonna be on crunchy too, absolutely nobody is gonna watch it on twitter

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Lmao what the gently caress

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I feel that most genuine way to experience the "YUNGBLUD ft. Imagine Dragons anime" would be to watch it on Twitter

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

haypliss posted:

Asking the High Card writers why they don't care about Vijay.

it's funny that he's probably the most competent member of the team because he barely has anything going on to distract him, but it also means the writers never give him screentime

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Some nice catharsis in Shin no Nakama as the new hero gets his poo poo pushed in one punch by Ruti after trying to mass hypnotize the townsfolk into dying for his cause.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Yeah, been waiting for someone to put him in his place.

The entire show always seems to have this lingering threat.