Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

I'm currently at 39 pity from trying to luck into DHIL or Guinaifen's e6 after getting Black Swan (I guess she showed up towards the beginning of her 10-pull). I also have 58 tickets right now.

Does anyone know how much free jade/how many free gold tickets we usually get per patch? I wish HoyoLab would show my data for a whole year so I could average it, but it only shows the last 3 months which would be kind of skewed because of 2.0.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Genovera posted:

Does anyone know how much free jade/how many free gold tickets we usually get per patch? I wish HoyoLab would show my data for a whole year so I could average it, but it only shows the last 3 months which would be kind of skewed because of 2.0.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vRIWjzFwAZZoBvKw2oiNaVpppI9atoV0wxuOjulKRJECrg_BN404d7LoKlHp8RMX8hegDr4b8jlHjYy/pubhtml

AshtonDragon
Sep 5, 2011

MarquiseMindfang posted:

For me it seems like you want to run Sparkle as fast as possible and have your DPS use ATK boots. Sparkle will never double-turn like Bronya can, but she can act as an effective ~50+ SPD.

Speed matching her the way you do with Bronya makes the MoC cone not great for her because you can't guarantee the DPS will move immediately after. But that also doesn't work with people like Topaz or Jing Yuan who will lose the cone buff before their followups go off, so DDD is a solid choice in those cases.

I completely agree with this. I threw together a set of relics for Sparkle to use when I get her, and I think she's going to wind up having just over 160 speed, which should be good. I've already got Attack boots for Qingque to switch to, but I haven't really planned ahead for any other characters who I might want to use Sparkle with.

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

Bad Video Games posted:

Bronya isn't great with Jing Yuan and I imagine Sparkle will be the same. Bronya's damage buff from her skill and lightcone doesn't affect follow-ups. Bronya can make getting 10 stacks of Lightning Lord more consistent, and her crit bonus is good. But generally, you want Tingyun and Pela or Asta or Hanya.

What's Bronya got to do with Sparkle and Jing Yuan? My line of thought on Sparkle is giving Jing Yuan 160+ speed to maintain outrunning lightning lord and building stacks, he'll also keep the ~100% crit damage between his turns for LL. I just don't see how Sparkle plus another harmony to fill her deficiencies doesn't blow away any other harmony/nihility pairing.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
There's also people that just don't know what sparkle actually does beyond turn advancement and SP regen.

She gives buffs just like the other top tier harmonies, and they're pretty strong even if you use her as a normal harmony unit. Her crit dmg not only scales higher than Bronya, but it is 100% uptime unlike Bronya who only gives the crit buff on her ult since there's no reason to not use Sparkle's skill.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

shrach posted:

What's Bronya got to do with Sparkle and Jing Yuan? My line of thought on Sparkle is giving Jing Yuan 160+ speed to maintain outrunning lightning lord and building stacks, he'll also keep the ~100% crit damage between his turns for LL. I just don't see how Sparkle plus another harmony to fill her deficiencies doesn't blow away any other harmony/nihility pairing.

I misread your question. Sorry.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Genovera posted:

Does anyone know how much free jade/how many free gold tickets we usually get per patch?

On average you call it like a month and a half per patch, which is 1 or 2 monthly cycles depending on how you count it. From pure monthly activities twice, maybe 50 if you do all of the content. If you can't max out MoC and PF, dial down expectations. The issue, of course, is there are like 4 pulls you get per patch for maintenance. Then some quests, and the "try out this character" jade from the banners. And then there's usually an event or something. Realistically? It can maybe be like 70 pulls a patch if you really, really do everything.

I believe the intent is you get just about a pity worth a month, if you really go for it. But oooh, if you bought the banner or extra jade thing? Then it'd be a pity a month!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

speed tuning is still absolutely cray cray

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Meowywitch posted:

I will never run out of things to do that are more pressing than speed tuning.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Running Speed tuned Bronya/Blade is night and day. It's so much more fun than not doing so.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Running Speed tuned Bronya/Blade is night and day. It's so much more fun than not doing so.

WELL I DONT GOT BLADE

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

I'm prefarming for Acheron and ended up getting a new piece for Jingliu. Behold my magnificent orb:

It's the wrong set, but not bad and I can't ignore it with those substats.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Meowywitch posted:

WELL I DONT GOT BLADE

There's a solution for that... :10bux: :20bux: :30bux: :20bux: :20bux:

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Jingliu rules, Blade drools. It's canon.

AshtonDragon
Sep 5, 2011

GoodluckJonathan posted:

I'm prefarming for Acheron and ended up getting a new piece for Jingliu. Behold my magnificent orb:

It's the wrong set, but not bad and I can't ignore it with those substats.

Simply put it on Herta instead!

Realistically I'd probably just use on Jingliu too, but I'd consider passing it to Herta when necessary.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Tae posted:

There's also people that just don't know what sparkle actually does beyond turn advancement and SP regen.

She gives buffs just like the other top tier harmonies, and they're pretty strong even if you use her as a normal harmony unit. Her crit dmg not only scales higher than Bronya, but it is 100% uptime unlike Bronya who only gives the crit buff on her ult since there's no reason to not use Sparkle's skill.

Begging people to read the character’s full kit after going completely blind seeing “Turn Advance” and “SP regen”.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
I'm having a real problem with the PC version of HSR lately. Everytime I start my game up it pings at 999ms, loads and freezes on a black screen. I've tried everything. Help?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

This happens post train start screen or when the application itself first boots up?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Blade is an amazing workhorse that can fit into almost any team build as a practically sp-neutral damage dealer

Savor it for me :geno:

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

This happens post train start screen or when the application itself first boots up?

Post train and onto the world loading screen

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Violet_Sky posted:

I'm having a real problem with the PC version of HSR lately. Everytime I start my game up it pings at 999ms, loads and freezes on a black screen. I've tried everything. Help?

I have a similar problem but it doesn't freeze. It just takes a super long time to load and then disconnects immediately. Luckily the second load time is shorter, so it works after that.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Violet_Sky posted:

Post train and onto the world loading screen

Drop all your graphics settings to minimum
Repair Now option in the launcher
Clear downloaded resources in the launcher
complete reinstall
reinstall in a different directory (so not like in program files or whatever)
Network stuff (firewall exception etc.)
Rollback/update graphics drivers

Beyond that I dunno

E: Using google led me to this reddit post, it says something about cutscenes being the problem i guess? someone posted a solution there
https://old.reddit.com/r/HonkaiStarRail/comments/132cpn5/game_is_stuck_on_black_screen_after_main_menu/

DeadFatDuckFat fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Feb 28, 2024

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Excelzior posted:

Blade is an amazing workhorse that can fit into almost any team build as a practically sp-neutral damage dealer

Savor it for me :geno:

I'm not allowed to have Blade. I do have Clara. :)

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Bad Video Games posted:

I'm not allowed to have Blade. I do have Clara. :)

English Clara going "I'm Okay! :D" is probably the funniest voice line in the game

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Okay adding the game to my antivirus exceptions helped for some reason.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Meowywitch posted:

134 speed Bronya, then just as much speed as possible on the dps.

On everyone else, really.

So really besides "more speed good," Bronya is the only one who's really speed tuned in this scenario. Completely reasonable.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

it be neat if next to blade, have a bunch of other characters with self-healing sustains where you can just field all of them and need no sole sustain role at all

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

It sucks that Clara can't really solo sustain. Even with her lightcone, her miniscule healing can't keep up with the damage in long fights.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

harmony character that gives character lifeleech when

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

GateOfD posted:

harmony character that gives character lifeleech when

That’s just Luocha while his field is up.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
Is Luocha getting a rerun or is he gone gone? Shame if the latter, though Lynx is doing fine as the sustain for my Blade team.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Obnoxipus posted:

Is Luocha getting a rerun or is he gone gone? Shame if the latter, though Lynx is doing fine as the sustain for my Blade team.

I just talked to Mister Hoyoverse and they have confirmed that he is dead, and the dead will never return ever

Ferrous
Feb 28, 2010

Meowywitch posted:

English Clara going "I'm Okay! :D" is probably the funniest voice line in the game

Every time she says "I need to be brave" I hear it as "I need to be briefed" and it makes me laugh.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Obnoxipus posted:

You only need 2 sustains and of the 3 limited ones he's the weakest. Adventurine probably pushes him to 4th place. Rumor is that Fu Xuan will be the rerun at 2.1 launch, so between those two and Huohuo, it's gonna be hard finding a reason to pull for him later.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I don't think he's the weakest sustain, if the content did more damage he'd be way better than Huohuo who barely has any healing, and his purge has been consistently pretty useful. Being a completely SP positive support is a huge asset, let alone the purge. At least at e0 Huohuo the only team I have where she's felt comfortable is Black Swan/Kafka. I've been using her with Jingliu and it's just been extremely uncomfortable.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Luocha has dispel which is a huge QoL depending on what MoC has in store for you.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Eimi posted:

I don't think he's the weakest sustain, if the content did more damage he'd be way better than Huohuo who barely has any healing, and his purge has been consistently pretty useful. Being a completely SP positive support is a huge asset, let alone the purge. At least at e0 Huohuo the only team I have where she's felt comfortable is Black Swan/Kafka. I've been using her with Jingliu and it's just been extremely uncomfortable.

How much HP does your Huohuo have? Cause mine has 8k and I've done all of the content in the game with her and healing has never been an issue for me.

Edit: Also I guess it depends on how you build your teams because I would argue that the auto-healing you get from triggering Ults is probably greater/more important than the healing from her skill. My teams just almost always are at near-max health which makes Huohuo also SP positive.

qbert fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Feb 29, 2024

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Aventurine looks to be very sp positive for follow-up teams.

Luocha is only "weak" in the sense he doesn't provide any attack or crit bonuses at e0. Which is whatever, that's what Harmony is for.

I have Luocha and Fu Xuan. I'm pulling Aventurine, and I will probably drop Fu Xuan for most content. Luocha is just very comfortable.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

qbert posted:

How much HP does your Huohuo have? Cause mine has 8k and I've done all of the content in the game with her and healing has never been an issue for me.

Edit: Also I guess it depends on how you build your teams because I would argue that the auto-healing you get from triggering Ults is probably greater/more important than the healing from her skill. My teams just almost always are at near-max health which makes Huohuo also SP positive.

What is her spd at because drat. 5.6k hp, 141spd, 50% outgoing healing, 43% eff res. 10 ult, 8 other skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Huohuo and Fu Xuan can never be as SP positive as Luocha, which still gives him an edge in some teams (DHIL teams being the prime example)