Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

🅾️🅱️ becoming a tiresome pedant was not the 2024 G🅱️S twist I saw coming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
how much noise does my hot water heater need to be making before i should be concerned

is an occasional knocking okay or the sign of an impending explosion or just a simple haunting

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Maudib Arakkis posted:

Sounds like it wasn’t “apropos of nothing” in any sense OP. Sounds like the context was clear as a bell.

quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

dreezy posted:

how much noise does my hot water heater need to be making before i should be concerned

is an occasional knocking okay or the sign of an impending explosion or just a simple haunting

depends on where the knock is coming from

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

lol Check out this YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/@CelebritiesTV/videos

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...

TrashMammal posted:

depends on where the knock is coming from

I think it's coming from inside the house!

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Cannot understand a single thing that is being said without captions. It's like someone with the thickest Welsh accent speaking while very drunk and also not moving their lips.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Anyone know a good way to stop racing thoughts/feeling of impending doom and calm myself the gently caress down during a panic attack over whether or not I'm having, or about to have, a stroke or mini-stroke... despite me having none of the symptoms and no history of either?

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Feb 29, 2024

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

I. M. Gei posted:

Anyone know a good way to stop racing thoughts and calm myself the gently caress down during a panic attack over the idea that I might be having, or about to have, a stroke or mini-stroke... despite me having none of the symptoms and no history of either?

480mg pseudoephedrine

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Feb 29, 2024

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I can't believe I posted that, and in GBS of all places, but god drat are panic attacks a bitch like that sometimes.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I. M. Gei posted:

Anyone know a good way to stop racing thoughts/feeling of impending doom and calm myself the gently caress down during a panic attack over whether or not I'm having, or about to have, a stroke or mini-stroke... despite me having none of the symptoms and no history of either?

Yeah, distract yourself from those thoughts/feelings by forcing yourself to focus on something else. For one example, identify 5 things around you by sight, 3 by sound, etc. It's hard, but gets easier over time/repetition.

Also, call a doctor and set up an appointment.

Good luck and be kind to yourself.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

I. M. Gei posted:

yeah breathing exercises help a bit, look up box breathing. otherwise see if you can get your doc to prescribe something. avoid alcohol too, even if it helps a little short term it makes everything a lot worse

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

MrQwerty posted:

the cracks in the facade are showing

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

loving... Err... Thursday

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

LEST I GET MORE "OWNED" FOR BEING "STUPID" I WILL SAY THIS IS CATEGORICALLY UNTRUE. IT IS OFTEN PART OF DIAGNOSIS AND STAGING BUT IS ALMOST USELESS FOR TREATMENT.
many of yall don't understand the secret to success. Make your life goal your wife goal. yall trying to live like a bachelor listening to the huberman podcast taking cold showers and sqealing like a pig in problems. waking up the wife and shes using your testicles as a speedbag. Yall on that mess to be sure.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

:wtc:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

MrQwerty posted:

Too much time spent in the tiresome pedant forums methinks

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Maudib Arakkis posted:

many of yall don't understand the secret to success. Make your life goal your wife goal. yall trying to live like a bachelor listening to the huberman podcast taking cold showers and sqealing like a pig in problems. waking up the wife and shes using your testicles as a speedbag. Yall on that mess to be sure.

Oh wow

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

MrQwerty posted:

i did. i easily saw it coming

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Stuck outside work because they hosed up my RFID log in badge.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

i did. i easily saw it coming

As a climber, Cocoa is able to view GBS from a lofty vantage, posting trends readily apparent to his watchful eye.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

thats why they pay me the big bucks

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Perform for the job you want. GBS Moderator.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Maudib Arakkis posted:

don’t kink shame

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Maudib Arakkis posted:

Didn't you make your wife mad because you bought her a grill or something

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
nobody posting in the chat thread would stoop to listening to a podcast, have you seen what podcasters look like these days?

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Didn't you make your wife mad because you bought her a grill or something

I would imagine he makes her mad by being the person he is

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Bad Purchase posted:

nobody posting in the chat thread would stoop to listening to a podcast, have you seen what podcasters look like these days?

Podcasts: Not even once

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I would like to meet OP’s wife

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Maudib Arakkis posted:

Sir this is a Wendy's Lmao

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
“Squealing like a pig in problems” is ok I guess but it lacks the punch of the classics

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

someone make a funny post about canpakes saying his vows

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

redshirt posted:

Podcasts: Not even once

:hai:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

bradzilla posted:

someone make a funny post about canpakes saying his vows

Well now that’s a dress to beat the band, surely cost a grip though? Thinking to return after the ceremony mayhap? Mustn’t get any cake on that little number. Shan’t afford a wedding these days under B’s regime. By the by, used the ring money to cop a SoloStove for a song *winks at ACE Hardware Guy in the front row*

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Well now that’s a dress to beat the band, surely cost a grip though? Thinking to return after the ceremony mayhap? Mustn’t get any cake on that little number. Shan’t afford a wedding these days under B’s regime. By the by, used the ring money to cop a SoloStove for a song *winks at ACE Hardware Guy in the front row*

thank you

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
when i need vows i just ask my officiant guy to write em, i take care of him and he takes care of me

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Maudib Arakkis posted:

waking up the wife and shes using your testicles as a speedbag

I can’t even get her to look at my anus and you think she’s gonna touch my testicles? Get real son

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

bird with big dick posted:

I can’t even get her to look at my anus and you think she’s gonna touch my testicles? Get real son

let's see your anus

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

I. M. Gei posted:

turn off the internet then get running or get lunking. if you’re not athletic it’ll suck to get started, but you might as well embrace that suck because it’s better than panic attacks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

let's see your anus

He’s posted it in the Costco thread several times