Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Being naked is the leading indicator of impending death on Hellworld, I'd invest in a Kingpin suit if I was this guy.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

"And that's why I was in therapy for the next ten years! Ha-ha!"
:psyduck: The Phantom should join the faculty of Starfleet Academy, they'd love his ideas on how to traumatize the young trainees.

Murdstone posted:

Andertoons

:lol: Andertoons knocks it out of the park today.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 6/12-14/52

Archie 9/12-14/49

The Virtue of Vera Valiant 3/6/77

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Murdstone posted:

Pooch Cafe

Honestly, good job on the attention to detail. I've encountered a surprising number of people who need me to spell out why I avoid Thai even when they know about my allergy.

(You can find stuff, but it feels like walking through a minefield and dining out in general is a decision of how much I want to fight my anxieties today.)

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

"...and respect and obedience, and casserole every day, and... and a head of beautiful golden hair. Toby, fetch my scissors. Fetch me my scissors and sit down, Toby."

Murdstone posted:

Apartment 3-G

Apartment 3-G continues to fail to disappoint. Glad Lucille Ball keeps calling this dumbshit out.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Our Boarding House (April 13-15, 1925)

Out Our Way: Cowboys Revisited (April 14, 1925)

Toonerville Folks (June 29-July 1, 1922)

THE TERRIBLE TEMPERED MR. BANG: The Terrible Tempered Mr. Bang wanted to use the car himself as soon as the rest of the family had returned in it from their swim.

Dok's DIppy Duck (February 12, 1915; spoiler for the Usual Reasons with a background character)

Little Lefty (November 17-18, 1939; the 16th was a repeat of November 9th.)

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Doomykins posted:

I haven't read his other stuff yet(my mortal grappling with the passage of time, attention span, etc) but taking a look he has a weekly that doesn't miss a beat for years it seems. Dude's a true professional.

I am confident that you would adore Lavender Jack. There's a lot to say about it, but I think that a first-order approximation of the premise might be summarized as "What if they hired Poirot to bring in Batman?" and it only gets wilder from there. A delight start-to-finish.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
The first episode certainly hooks you in. :allears: Thanks for the recommendation and nudging of my ribs.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?
Lavender Jack is amazing. Everyone stop what you're doing and go read it now.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Bongo Bill posted:

I am confident that you would adore Lavender Jack. There's a lot to say about it, but I think that a first-order approximation of the premise might be summarized as "What if they hired Poirot to bring in Batman?" and it only gets wilder from there. A delight start-to-finish.
Is there a way to get a desktop version or a pdf or something, or do you have to read it in this obnoxious mobile format?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The Wandering Culinarian

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Big Nate

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

EasyEW posted:

Out Our Way: Cowboys Revisited (April 14, 1925)

I just want to add myself to the chorus of liking this strip and thanking you for posting it. This and the one with the kids in the same era and the strip that takes place in the factory where they're all worked up about women running a lathe.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
1981 comics

Elsewhere: Some nobodies are getting married, and they're even making the kids read about it.

I think someone should keep an eye on that Charles chap.

Dick Tracy

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Computoon: Origins

Mexikid Stories

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

N'thing recommending Lavender Jack.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Seems that Comics Kingdom updated their websites to be more cumbersome so you can't just right-click save images or rehost them, but their webdesign is no match for my pressing F12 in Firefox.

Daddy Daze

Take It From The Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side Of The Horse

Legend of Bill

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Fingerpori

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Bongo Bill posted:

Dang, season 1 finished and where has my evening gone? I kinda hate managing my way around tall-form comics like that but it's lovely and I can see a lot of the same action and wordplay beats I've been admiring in Flash.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
thank u all for reading Lavender Jack, it owns. hope there's a book one day

Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (March 28, 2002)

lol looks like the comics kingdom update broke Powered Descent's script, i'll get the CK stuff tomorrow! actually its super easy to get manually via the shop pop-up, ill do that for tonight

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Zippy the Pinhead

Rae the Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

riderchop fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Feb 29, 2024

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

riderchop posted:

Compu-toon

Yes. What do you mean?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

a genuinely valid foob, as I can't imagine lynn johnston not imagining her children as being in any form she can't throw out into the snow in the rural ontario winter

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Haifisch posted:

Footrot Flats
These strips in which Wal's dog and aunt hate his girlfriend for no apparent reason are really weird and I don't like them at all.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Tiggum posted:

Is there a way to get a desktop version or a pdf or something, or do you have to read it in this obnoxious mobile format?

Also inquiring.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Dec. 31, 1961)

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
Ah.
She's crazy.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 2/28/04

Brenda Starr 9/22-24/52

Smokey Stover 1/24/60

Retail 1937 4/16/37

"First we'll take off the 10 per cent trade discount, then the 3 per cent for cash and the other discounts, and THEN we'll start to bargain."

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 3/22-24/43

Now that guy on the far right is really enjoying his drink.

Closer Than We Think! 1/24/60

Mechanized Hearts was my favorite Emerson, Lake, and Palmer album.

Selachian fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Feb 29, 2024

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
drat, thank you for lavender Jack. It kind of makes flash even better because you see with the artist is capable of.

Not that there's anything wrong with flash at all, that's one of my love reads in this thread. Although I'm still kind of sad, we never got a point of view Sunday recap from our witch.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Cowslips Warren posted:

Although I'm still kind of sad, we never got a point of view Sunday recap from our witch.

...yet

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I appreciate the fine detail that Scarlet isn't going to try to sucker punch Hippy because Hippy is a brick shithouse.

Tiggum posted:

These strips in which Wal's dog and aunt hate his girlfriend for no apparent reason are really weird and I don't like them at all.

It's kinda funny when the dog is stupid because he's a dog and jealous of his master's affection. Now they're being creeps, let my man Wal get married, dude has a pretty merciless job and gives it his all.

Forum accident
Jun 15, 2006

All hail Thor...the THUNDER GOD!
Frank and Ernest

(2/23/1994)

(2/24/1994)

Ziggy

(9/21/1971)

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Heart of the City

Alley Oop

Curtis

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Larryb posted:

Huh, a rare example of something actually being toned DOWN in the Bone comic (there Briar/The Hooded One's master was called The Lord of Locusts rather than being literally Satan)
So about that....

THORN, May 4-9, 1984

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

Sally Forth

Skippy (February 8, 1936)

Peanuts (March 3, 1977)

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire: Ka-FUGITIVE!

Li'l Abner (December 19-21, 1935)

Thimble Theater (October 3, 1940)

Out Our Way (February 14-16, 1944)

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

EasyEW posted:

Out Our Way (February 14-16, 1944)

:lol:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I'm sure they enjoyed their time in the trenches.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
:psyduck: Didn't WW2 start in '39

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They were 30 years too soon. Those poor lunks are heading into WW1.