Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Twibbit posted:

Eh the Nazis didn't really have much academic rigor either with all that Aryan and Atlantis poo poo

What are you talking about Atlantis to this day has a thriving and well respected academic publishing catalogue: https://www.atlantis-press.com/journals

Obviously I assume all their journals arrive wet from being published underwater and all, but you can't really hold that against them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

dr_rat posted:

What are you talking about Atlantis to this day has a thriving and well respected academic publishing catalogue: https://www.atlantis-press.com/journals

Obviously I assume all their journals arrive wet from being published underwater and all, but you can't really hold that against them.

So you're saying our big, wet former president is King Of Atlantis? I mean, he controls fish well enough...

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

SpeakSlow posted:

So you're saying our big, wet former president is King Of Atlantis? I mean, he controls fish well enough...

So I mean that wasn't what I was saying at all, but since you mentioned it, no, it certainly not something I can disprove, so I guess we should probably just run with it as our current best hypotheses.

Also as you say he does he controls fish well enough. :shrug:

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
N/m

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Mitch announces plans to stay in office until he dies of old age.
Or 2027, whichever comes first.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1762895126479728858
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKAD78UT8LA

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Silly Burrito posted:

What’s the 1%?

being too liberal

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

OgNar posted:

Mitch announces plans to stay in office until he dies of old age.
Or 2027, whichever comes first.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1762895126479728858
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKAD78UT8LA

Mitch you miserable sack of poo poo I have some drinks set aside for when a band of heroes finally breaks your last phylactery.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
It's nice to see Competent Evil finally retiring so we can really strap in for the full ascendence of Wildcard Evil.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
These losers whining about :qq: THE DECLINE OF THE WEST crack me up but there is a nugget of truth buried in the vat of this diarrhea. The right really has no answer to things like fun dancing. They condemn it but concede they themselves don't have a counterpart to prop up as a superior cultural alternative. We're not living in a spunky eighties teen comedy where the heroes dance like this and the villains dance like that and we're all gonna have a dance off to see who is the coolest.
https://twitter.com/dvorstone/status/1762888982462087565?t=jd1bvQ_CpY0u1JwMgam_yg&s=19

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
So I was a socially awkward kid who didn't get invited to parties and stuff and when I was young I was bitter about it but it didn't take long after going to college to start going to social events like dorm parties with friends and slowly learning to have fun and not be standing in the corner hoping a cute girl would notice me. I grew out of it and I really hope all these twitter trad nerds eventually do too. They have no idea how obviously jealous and bitter they sound. Oh and racist too

Edit: the replies are just amazing. Turbo racist sexists declaring the end of civilization in the most clownish ways

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Feb 29, 2024

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
What's also funny is how there was a recent pop psychiatry article about how dancing is an effective way to overcome depression and it had lots of comments along the lines of "women need to ditch the SSRIs and birth control and do that instead" from the same group of morons.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Elephant Ambush posted:

Edit: the replies are just amazing. Turbo racist sexists declaring the end of civilization in the most clownish ways

https://twitter.com/AshaLogos/status/1762967783321792805?t=Olsi4kg0k8RwNnXhAszing&s=19

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

"And by glimpsed I mean literally, from a real distance, ever since the court order."

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Elephant Ambush posted:

https://twitter.com/0xAlaric/status/1762900371809198375?t=TFLH5HLNd17MKdBAheBa1A&s=19

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I was expecting something much more, I don't know, explicit, before I clicked play. That was completely normal looking dancing.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Mantis42 posted:

I was expecting something much more, I don't know, explicit, before I clicked play. That was completely normal looking dancing.

Funny things are bad for women to do. Sorry I don't make the rules.

I do wonder if the weirdo incel trad wife groups, the evangelical far right religious, and the watch fox news and nascar/live in florida do drugs vote trump, republican groups are ever going to come into conflict at some point. The first two are pretty reconcilable, but the latter group, as the first two get more vocal about their crazier positions seem like at some point they should drive off the third?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

dr_rat posted:

I do wonder if the weirdo incel trad wife groups, the evangelical far right religious, and the watch fox news and nascar/live in florida do drugs vote trump, republican groups are ever going to come into conflict at some point. The first two are pretty reconcilable, but the latter group, as the first two get more vocal about their crazier positions seem like at some point they should drive off the third?

That's what is happening here. Apparently some conservative lady went to a Baptist convention where they were talking about tradwives, she then spoke out about it probably calling it unrealistic. She also had commented that she was fine with the dancing in the video. This caused chuds to freak the gently caress out and convinced them their women got "captured" by this ungodly jungle music.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Posts like that are a bugle call for the 1st Hoe Scaring Brigade, like turning on a light that makes all the roaches come out instead of fleeing

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

dr_rat posted:

This is what is going on in the evangelical/Southern Baptist world, and has been since 2016. The Trump group and the chronically antisocial/online are driving out everyone else.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Panfilo posted:

These losers whining about :qq: THE DECLINE OF THE WEST crack me up but there is a nugget of truth buried in the vat of this diarrhea. The right really has no answer to things like fun dancing. They condemn it but concede they themselves don't have a counterpart to prop up as a superior cultural alternative. We're not living in a spunky eighties teen comedy where the heroes dance like this and the villains dance like that and we're all gonna have a dance off to see who is the coolest.
https://twitter.com/dvorstone/status/1762888982462087565?t=jd1bvQ_CpY0u1JwMgam_yg&s=19

Ok the guy reposting Belorussian propaganda to compare to a random rear end vid from somebody's instagram has got to be Peak Chud. He really sincerely believes everyone in the first video has already had 20 abortions and everyone in the second were chosen by God to save Christendom, and have a real shot at doing it.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

:laugh: Right wing chuds would love it if cute girls like in the dancing video would spend time with them, but they won't because they are miserable loathsome knuckle draggers.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Zwabu posted:

:laugh: Right wing chuds would love it if cute girls like in the dancing video would spend time with them, but they won't because they are miserable loathsome knuckle draggers.

I thought that went without saying.

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

SpeakSlow posted:

Only until they get into his digestive tract. Then all hell breaks loose.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Zwabu posted:

No see if women knew what happiness felt like they'd want that instead of settling for these guys, clearly women doing fun things and being happy must be abolished.

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

"to an American conservative, it's tragic. Their youth are aristocratic and noble whereas ours are thrusting their crotch at a gas station" yeah my favorite part about this is that their youth are the meth and coal rolling generation and have unresolved shame over being more classless than a bunch of people doing a tiktok dance while clutching their stanleys

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble

Panfilo posted:

Why are these modern Western slatterns putting on cowboy pants and bumping and jiving in rows in the outdoors when they could be line dancing like proper 1990s ladies?!

Edit - if contemporary girls love joyful self expression then I HATE it!!

Edit edit - what kind of sick gently caress looks at those girls in silly costumes throwing ankles with childish grins on their faces and thinks "sluuuuuuuuuuts"

The Artificial Kid fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Feb 29, 2024

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble

DarklyDreaming posted:

Ok the guy reposting Belorussian propaganda to compare to a random rear end vid from somebody's instagram has got to be Peak Chud. He really sincerely believes everyone in the first video has already had 20 abortions and everyone in the second were chosen by God to save Christendom, and have a real shot at doing it.
gently caress me I don't think I'll ever understand the mind of someone who would rather be at that dance in Belarus than on the gas station forecourt with the hiphop chicks.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

The Artificial Kid posted:

Why are these modern Western slatterns putting on cowboy pants and bumping and jiving in rows in the outdoors when they could be line dancing like proper 1990s ladies?!

Edit - if contemporary girls love joyful self expression then I HATE it!!

Edit edit - what kind of sick gently caress looks at those girls in silly costumes throwing ankles with childish grins on their faces and thinks "sluuuuuuuuuuts"

Commentators are trying to spin all this as symptoms of a bigger "social problem". They can't address the clip directly because it makes them look like petty morons so they try to act like their opposition is broader and more abstract. Which boils down to their belief that,

-Women are so credulous they'll follow every stupid trend, no matter how harmful so we have to steer them in the 'right' direction.

-Conservative women defending this behavior is a bad sign in society and we can't trust them to push conservative values anymore

-The dancing is simultaneously overly profane and yet unattractively masculine :psyduck: and we need to stop normalizing masculinity in women.

-The men attracted to these women are inferior and wrong, and the women who defend this dancing will be inferior mothers that won't teach their sons proper values, so society will implode.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

The Artificial Kid posted:

More like 1790s amirite?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Zwabu posted:

More like 1790s amirite?

What, dress like some revolutionary trollop in their pantaloons and liberty caps?!

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Hating on simple joyful stuff like girls dancing (see also AOC dancing on a rooftop) just reveals what a shriveled black grinch heart these incels have. Utterly incapable of joy or happiness.

The Taylor Swift thing is similarly revealing. Yeah she and Kelce and the Chiefs are overexposed. But the basic image of the football captain embracing the billionaire prom queen after winning The Big Game used to be some Norman Rockwell poo poo, coded into the DNA of Americana.

Now? You get giant head Charlie Kirk disdainfully wondering how many eggs she even has left.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
https://twitter.com/TheWorthyHouse/status/1762930270095765618?t=2hr2K2-Nt0z_n85OokKkkw&s=19
They are doubling down so hard on this lmao

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

I mean, it also goes without saying that it's intentionally contradictory, to create a paradox from which they'll always have some platform from which they can judge a woman.

"Women who sleep with a lot of men are sluts" and "Women who don't sleep with anyone are prudish and frigid" are two thoughts that they consider wholly without contradiction (or, as the Satre quote goes, they just don't care).

duck.exe
Apr 14, 2012

Nap Ghost
Everything clicks once you realize rws are fully hentai-brained. Their ideal of a woman is “demure yet hypersexual (and underage) anime girl” and they are basically the same as 4chan weeaboos spamming “3D pig disgusting”

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?
The first whiny Charlie Kirk ":qq: the degeneracy of Western women :qq:" tweet I remember seeing a couple of years ago was about a woman serving a beer with her asscheeks. Like he's still stupid and wrong but at least I could see why he was upset (a butt was involved)

Now we're at the point where the way a fully-clothed woman is standing on the sidewalk is getting analyzed to determine how many men she's ever slept with and what that says about society. These people just hate women and are absolute loving weirdos

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
I work in an office and that video is like every single "office event".

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I suppose this is how you get Republicans that are pro choice.
https://twitter.com/Timcast/status/1763221019299316062?t=X0IoNVuoug3w77qRK8X5sA&s=19

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Dipshit is stealing a joke from 4chan, and doing it badly. Alternatively he's stealing from loving Maddox, also badly.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
loving assholes dont remember all those good Christian white girls dying from coat hangers or "falling down stairs".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Burning_Monk posted:

loving assholes dont remember all those good Christian white girls dying from coat hangers or "falling down stairs".

Boomers aren't dead yet. They remember, they just don't care. If you're deserving of an abortion in their hosed up worldview you can pay to get safe ones in states that aren't christofascist hellholes. If you're poor then gently caress you die none of them care.

bird food bathtub fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Feb 29, 2024