Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Sir Tonk posted:

Her husband should never have had that money in the first place and tuition should also be free
"Should" and reality are very far apart. At least someone who was in a position to do something did something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Volute the swarth, trawl betwixt phonotic
Scoff the festune

rotinaj posted:

There’s gotta be other stuff, like three hour breakdowns of video games you have never played, the sleep with me podcast, or Levar Burton’s podcast where he reads short stories

I feel like falling asleep listening to the dulcet tones of Alex jones is going to ruin sleep for you for the rest of your life

NPR has an infinite number of podcasts featuring honey-voiced libs that will rock you gently to sleep with their reasonable pragmatism

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

800peepee51doodoo posted:

NPR has an infinite number of podcasts featuring honey-voiced libs that will rock you gently to sleep with their reasonable pragmatism

“I’m sorry honey, I don’t know why I keep rolling to the center-right of the bed!”

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Subjunctive posted:

“I’m sorry honey, I don’t know why I keep rolling to the center-right of the bed!”

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Sir Tonk posted:

Her husband should never have had that money in the first place and tuition should also be free

I mean it’s like saving kids from a fire that was deliberately set. It’s a heroic thing to do but the building shouldn’t have been on fire in the first place.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Xiahou Dun posted:

I’ve tried a lot of things, as well as being in discussion with my doctor about this. It can’t be anything overtly relaxing, or my brain just slides off it and keeps going a mile a minute. It’s gotta have enough meat to hook my attention, but not enough that I fully engage.

This is in addition to exercise and smoking a lot of weed. I have this whole multi-hour wind down ritual and if everything goes right I can get 5-6 hours 4/5 nights a week.

I can’t take sleeping pills because of unconnected medical issues. It really sucks. The only good part is at least I’m single and not putting someone else through this.

Watch David Butler astronomy presentations on YouTube
The true voice of Somnos

SonOfGhostDad
Nov 16, 2022
Is Alex's pronunciation of "s" sounds as "sh" sounds a Texas thing or a drunk thing?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

SonOfGhostDad posted:

Is Alex's pronunciation of "s" sounds as "sh" sounds a Texas thing or a drunk thing?

Undoubtedly a drunk thing

The surveillance cam footage made it look like dude was getting his 8 glasses of vodkawater per day

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

oh jesus please do not let alex jones’s next career move be asmr streaming on twitch
Only fans...

... as in the only thing you hear is electric fans.

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...

Cable Guy posted:

Only fans...

datacenter asmr I could perhaps get into

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Powerful Katrinka posted:

This is the one time I'm going to suggest a crippling addiction to benzos as the lesser of two evils

I recommend traditional remedies.

Treat your insomnia while also treating piles, constipation, nervousness, dyspepsia, headache, rheumatism, asthma, indigestion, eczema and much much more.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Cable Guy posted:

Only fans...

I mean if that's what you're looking for, the internet provides

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Facebook Aunt posted:

Treat your insomnia while also treating piles, constipation, nervousness, dyspepsia, headache, rheumatism, asthma, indigestion, eczema and much much more.

... what's the wooden lemon for?

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
Listened to some Knowledge Fight while driving for work yesterday, when did Alex start pretending to be a super Christian?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

B-Rock452 posted:

Listened to some Knowledge Fight while driving for work yesterday, when did Alex start pretending to be a super Christian?

All of the far-right windbags do this so they can claim moral authority.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

B-Rock452 posted:

One of the funniest things about him in my opinion is how he claims to be super Christian but if you listen to KF episodes where he really gets going about his view of the universe his religious beliefs are actually more like the plot of the Stargate franchise.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
yep and if any of their beliefs and/or conspiracy theories sound like hollywood movies thats because the producers actually got the plot from the Secret Government!

(actual statement from one of the Project Camelot episodes)

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Pirate Radar posted:

One of the funniest things about him in my opinion is how he claims to be super Christian but if you listen to KF episodes where he really gets going about his view of the universe his religious beliefs are actually more like the plot of the Stargate franchise.

... I feel like thats an insult to Stargate. Stargate is MUCH more believable than the poo poo Alex says. Other than God directly having one-on-one conversations where the way he talks sounds suspiciously like Alex Jones while also downloading all of the information of the universe directly into your brain, all from eating a chicken fried steak. Who hasn't had that happen to them?

Well, other than me, because I had no idea what that even was, and pretty sure no places even serve that here. Dunno if God is willing to do direct conversations and downloads if I made one at home. I don't even know how much alcohol I'd need to imbibe to prepare my brain for it either!

Lagomorph Legion
Jul 26, 2007

Xiahou Dun posted:

It's something about a soothing voice explaining something kind-of interesting but not actually important that lets me drift off instead of just tossing and turning and thinking about every mistake I've ever made.

Then Jordan starts talking and fucks it all up.

One of my favorite podcasts is Saga Thing, in which 2 professors who were buddies in grad school basically summarize chapters of medieval Icelandic sagas while drinking beer and cracking wise. They both have voices of the Dan variety rather than the Jordan variety (unless one of them gets inspired to do a special voice for the occasional old lady and/or witch character). Doesn't update super frequently but has a huge back catalog by now.

Might be something to try for the nights when the Alex Jones deep lore no longer soothes.

This has zero relevance to Alex Jones and should probably have been a PM but I am allergic to sending random unsolicited PMs.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Randalor posted:

... I feel like thats an insult to Stargate. Stargate is MUCH more believable than the poo poo Alex says. Other than God directly having one-on-one conversations where the way he talks sounds suspiciously like Alex Jones while also downloading all of the information of the universe directly into your brain, all from eating a chicken fried steak. Who hasn't had that happen to them?

Well, other than me, because I had no idea what that even was, and pretty sure no places even serve that here. Dunno if God is willing to do direct conversations and downloads if I made one at home. I don't even know how much alcohol I'd need to imbibe to prepare my brain for it either!

He definitely gets weird with it but a lot of the times (as far as KF covers) when Jones gets into how he thinks the universe and God and angels and demons work, he starts talking about higher dimensions, energy beings, ancient civilizations, and so on. Mythological figures really referring to visitors from other worlds. There are good ascended beings and bad ascended beings. He thinks humans could one day ascend to be like them if we learn enough and prove ourselves worthy.

Now, the Stargate plot was inspired at times by actual pseudoscientific beliefs and conspiracy theories so I don’t know if Jones already thought that stuff before Stargate was made or if he just liked to get drunk and watch the Sci-Fi Channel back when it was still called that, and sometimes when he’s rambling he half-remembers the plot of SG-1.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
O'Neill probably wouldn't have minded having that Ancient database in his head if it was delivered in tasty chicken fried steak form

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Randalor posted:

Bend over and I Dr Young will show you.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Randalor posted:

nothin'! what's a wooden lemon for you??

SayHelloToParsley
Jan 14, 2018

Randalor posted:

That is for when you go to a lemon party.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

God downloaded the secret knowledge of the universe into my brain but I can only reveal that I knew [cosmic event] was going to happen after it happens. Also the globalists invited me to their secret club and showed me all their plans but I can only reveal that I knew about [globalist false flag] after it happens.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
God told me to tell anyone who says I'm wrong that they're an idiot.

That'd god saying that, not me! I'm not an rear end in a top hat like that.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Randalor posted:

Biting down on

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Alex did a sitdown with another conspiracy weirdo last year (I think it was) that KF covered, and they ended up going through the major plot points of every goddamn scifi film/franchise of the past 25 years and deciding 'Hhmmm yes, we've decided that's a real thing now'.

It was infuriating. Listening on headphones and I had to explain to someone why i'd just shouted out loud "WAIT. loving STARGATE IS REAL NOW!" as I was doing the ironing

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Haha ah man let's all relive our fave Alex moments

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Oh! Oh! Oh! Every time he got dunked on in court?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Every time he lost track of how many kids he has and their names/ages

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Randalor posted:

This guy doesn't know what the wooden lemon is for lmao

Only registered members can see post attachments!

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Watching Bankston put rake after rake after rake on the ground in a nice, neat line and inviting Alex to answer the question please.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

bird food bathtub posted:

Watching Bankston put rake after rake after rake on the ground in a nice, neat line and inviting Alex to answer the question please.

I hope it's publicly released and that there's enough material for another Formulaic Objections with his Elon Musk suit as a separate piece like the Roger Stone depo was.

I just want to hear: "First of all: objection, non-responsive" and/or "Do you know what question you're answering?" once more.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Facebook Aunt posted:

Weren't vibrators (the naughty kind, not for shoulders and necks) marketed the same way, such as curing hysteria?

So I went and Googled it and according to Wikipedia masturbation may:
- relieve depression
- lead to higher sense of self-esteem
- reduce the risk of prostate cancer
- improve fertility
- reduce chance of coronary heart disease
- reduces swollen nasal blood vessels to improve breathing (this may be the insomnia cure)
- provide a relaxed/contented state to help with sleep
- sort of count as a cardiovascular workout?!

So y'know... maybe.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Randalor posted:

He doesn't know how to use the three wooden lemons!

e: omfg im so loving late

hemale in pain fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Mar 1, 2024

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Smik posted:

- reduces swollen nasal blood vessels to improve breathing (this may be the insomnia cure)

I can confirm this one. Kinda freaked me out when I realized it, lol. Though honestly I think just getting horney might be enough to divert blood flow from swollen nasal passages, actually masturbating may be unnecessary. Somebody put in a grant proposal to study if edging can relieve seasonal allergy symptoms.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

One they missed was hiccups. Apparently anal stimulation can sometimes cure hiccups. Because of the vagus nerve.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Xiahou Dun posted:

I’ve tried a lot of things, as well as being in discussion with my doctor about this.

I feel you, I'm in the process of getting a sleep disorder diagnosed. Maybe you're also on the wrong sleep schedule? I'm unofficially nocturnal, my best sleep happens from early morning to mid-afternoon. Good luck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Facebook Aunt posted:

I can confirm this one. Kinda freaked me out when I realized it, lol. Though honestly I think just getting horney might be enough to divert blood flow from swollen nasal passages, actually masturbating may be unnecessary. Somebody put in a grant proposal to study if edging can relieve seasonal allergy symptoms.

Suddenly the 'nurse fetish' makes a lot more sense.

The sex industry needs to be upgraded to be part of the medical association as a key component to good mental and physical health.