Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

I said come in! posted:

is there is a good game that plays like Civilization, but is focused more on modern day time period, and you can play any real world existing country?

4X doesn't really mix with modern day. If you want grand strategy, there is the Supreme Ruler series and Realpolitiks series and both are mid at best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Velocity Raptor posted:

Does the remake hold up if you have never played the original and have no nostalgia for it?

100% if you at least have some love for the general setting and era. I found it to be one of the overall best games in 23.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

Terra Invicta is pretty grognardy and I really wouldn't recommend it to someone asking for "something like civ".

Yeah one thing that's pretty important to all Civ games (and most 4x games derived from civ) is how relatively accessible they are.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Velocity Raptor posted:

Does the remake hold up if you have never played the original and have no nostalgia for it?

haldolium posted:

100% if you at least have some love for the general setting and era. I found it to be one of the overall best games in 23.

I second that.
I love the genre but I never played System Shock 1 until the Remake and the Remake is extremely loving good.

It controls and plays like a modern game but has a lot of 90s gameplay design choices which was actually very refreshing for a change.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Speaking of Terra Invicta, how is it these days? It seemed to be very... Boring at the start of EA.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Mordja posted:

I played a little bit of Synthetik 2, having originally only tried it around it's EA launch and it's really come a long way! Extremely satisfying gunplay, those robits fall apart real good. Looking forward to 1.0!

Yeah they've done a good job with it since launching in EA.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

ZearothK posted:

Speaking of Terra Invicta, how is it these days? It seemed to be very... Boring at the start of EA.

every single patch makes the game harder, they over corrected so much that currently the best way to build your own spaceships is kinda limited

basically if you have been playing since EA launch it's very good, and everyone else will hit a brick wall, after 20 hours or so in a run

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.
Quick question about Dave the Diver:

I've evolved a Gyao into a proper creature, and it now shows up as a card in the Collection menu. I had a peek at a Gyao guide and it seems to indicate that there's a second evolution that needs to happen to make that Collection card into a foil one before I start a new Gyao?

Is that right?

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

I said come in! posted:

is there is a good game that plays like Civilization, but is focused more on modern day time period, and you can play any real world existing country?

It’s called the NYSE, OP

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Goa Tse-tung posted:

every single patch makes the game harder, they over corrected so much that currently the best way to build your own spaceships is kinda limited

basically if you have been playing since EA launch it's very good, and everyone else will hit a brick wall, after 20 hours or so in a run

Isn't it made by the Long War people? That sounds extremely on brand for them.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Yes, Terra Invicta is exactly the game you would assume it is. It's made for people like me and, statistically speaking, nobody else.

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?
Another bundle out on Fanatical: https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/diamond-collection-build-your-own-bundle

This one has some nice choices like Doom Eternal, Barony, Tormented Souls, and everyone's favorite, CHORVS!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Snackmar posted:

Quick question about Dave the Diver:

I've evolved a Gyao into a proper creature, and it now shows up as a card in the Collection menu. I had a peek at a Gyao guide and it seems to indicate that there's a second evolution that needs to happen to make that Collection card into a foil one before I start a new Gyao?

Is that right?
Yeah. If you're collecting all of them you best look up a guide because you'll need to be hitting certain stats to branch the evolutions.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Don't worry, everyone. I've heard that Aspyr has already fixed the Tomb Raider Remaster situation by *checks notes* patching the Epic version and claiming that was the wrong version of the game. :what:

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

FutureCop posted:

Another bundle out on Fanatical: https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/diamond-collection-build-your-own-bundle

This one has some nice choices like Doom Eternal, Barony, Tormented Souls, and everyone's favorite, CHORVS!

That's weird. I don't see Chorvs on mine and that was the one I'm interested in.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

With the font they use it sorta looks like CHOPVS

Look for CHOPVS

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

FutureCop posted:

ooh and The Chant too, nice

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

FutureCop posted:

oh neat, the complete dread x collection. thats a drat good deal for a whole lot of games

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

Squiggle posted:

With the font they use it sorta looks like CHOPVS

Look for CHOPVS

Nope. I got:
Cardboard Town
Doom
Everdream Valley
Wolfenstein 2
Martha is Dead
Skabma
Bang on Balls
Barony
Tormented Soul
Death's Gambit
Heaven Dust 2
My Little Universe
Mail Time
Complete Dread X Collection
Hidden Deep
Sands of Salzaar
Ozymandias

That's interesting. First time I see Fanatical have different stuff, presumably per region.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

US store has all of that + CHORVS so I assume it's just the one game unavailable for your region - perhaps they don't have regional keys for it.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://www.gamersgate.com/product/hostile-waters-antaeus-rising/

Hostile Waters Antaeus Rising, genuinely great game, on sale for less than a dollar

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Still the best game about battle tanks piloted by the digitized ghosts of Jean Reno, Mike Tyson, and George S. Patton(no relation)

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Feb 29, 2024

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

StrixNebulosa posted:

Hostile Waters Antaeus Rising, genuinely great game, on sale for less than a dollar

How do you get it to run in a modern computer? I remember trying to play it last year and just getting crashes.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

toys for bob has somehow managed to escape from the call of duty cosmetic mines

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1763265614309699871

Orv
May 4, 2011
Who or what even is Toys for Bob now, Reiche and Ford are actually making a new Star Control now but are they still with TfB?

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

I think they made "bob's game"

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

StrixNebulosa posted:

Grits teeth to degree that should not be physically possible: MY NAME IS..... RANDOM

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

repiv posted:

toys for bob has somehow managed to escape from the call of duty cosmetic mines

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1763265614309699871

Who announces that they’re “exploring a possible partnership”? Weird to see that here. Announce if you get the partnership and don’t talk about it at all if they walk away.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Subjunctive posted:

Who announces that they’re “exploring a possible partnership”? Weird to see that here. Announce if you get the partnership and don’t talk about it at all if they walk away.

Sounds of Embracer weeping openly from the corner

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Orv posted:

Sounds of Embracer weeping openly from the corner

seriously! that was like last episode! these guys are not paying attention

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Subjunctive posted:

Hey it worked for Embracer!

*listens to earpiece*

uh oh

Edit: lol

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Yooooooooo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQlqmU6UlAQ

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Gonna get one of these and an Over the Top exercise band for my arm wrasslin arm

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

why’d it take so long

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Tiny Timbs posted:

why’d it take so long

trucks are slow

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
I've been asking myself lately, how many people are playing today some random old pile from 20 years ago. I went to Steamdb.info and typed in a few games. I thought it was cool to see that, around the world, there are 214 people playing Gothic 2: Gold right now. Cool! 6 people, in some random corner of the globe, playing Arx Fatalis. Neat! As I kept searching I got a little suspicious. Are there really 43 people playing Duke Nukem Forever right now? Do we know how accurate that number really is?

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Node posted:

I've been asking myself lately, how many people are playing today some random old pile from 20 years ago. I went to Steamdb.info and typed in a few games. I thought it was cool to see that, around the world, there are 214 people playing Gothic 2: Gold right now. Cool! 6 people, in some random corner of the globe, playing Arx Fatalis. Neat! As I kept searching I got a little suspicious. Are there really 43 people playing Duke Nukem Forever right now? Do we know how accurate that number really is?

My bad, I forgot to close that, sorry, down to 42

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Orv posted:

Who or what even is Toys for Bob now, Reiche and Ford are actually making a new Star Control now but are they still with TfB?

I think they're just doing a separate company for star control now since they're known as the Spyro company

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Helldivers has absolutely stellar gameplay but what made me refund it was the very obfuscated matchmaker - I'm playing a coop game, stop making me manually search for half-empty games!

Well, that and the fact the game has no regional pricing :v: