Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Expelled by the Geese is a fantastic epitaph

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

szary posted:

and finally expelled by the Geese.

Quite the story, that.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Masonity posted:

Yeah Greenwood was home grown. They had to hire Anthony as a replacement.

And Ronaldo counts as a legacy rapist rather than a signing as such.

:thurman:

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

quote:

Tottenham Hotspur captain Son Heung-min dislocated his finger during a disagreement with younger team-mates while at the Asian Cup with the South Korea national team.

The incident happened following a team dinner ahead of South Korea’s semi-final against Jordan when younger players — including Paris-Saint Germain’s 22-year-old forward Lee Kang-in — wanted to leave to go and play table tennis.

Son, who also captains South Korea, called out the younger squad members for a perceived lack of focus and during the incident ended up injuring his finger.

“It happened when some young players went up to play table tennis, and Son Heung-min and other older players took issue with it,” the South Korean FA (KFA) said in a statement to Yonhap News Agency.

“The players exchanged a few words and Son hurt his finger in the process.”

"no table tennis until you've finished your dinner!"

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Lol wagged his finger too hard

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
worth noting that lee kang-in has publicly apologised and this was clearly leaked by the KFA to distract from how much of a disaster klinsmann has been

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!
Former Netherlands star handed six-year prison sentence for smuggling more than 1,350kg of cocaine

Jack Kenmare

Published 12:01, 14 February 2024 GMT
| Last updated 12:25, 14 February 2024 GMT

Former Netherlands star handed six-year prison sentence for smuggling more than 1,350kg of cocaine

A court in Amsterdam has sentenced former Netherlands international Quincy Promes to six years in prison for his involvement in cocaine smuggling.

Promes, who currently plays for Russian Premier League side Spartak Moscow, was charged last May over his alleged involvement in smuggling more than 1,350 kilos of cocaine with a value of £65 million.

According to a report from Dutch outlet Het Parool, two batches containing 650 kilos and 713 kilos of cocaine were intercepted in the port of Antwerp at the end of January 2020.

And now, the former FC Twente, Sevilla and Ajax forward has been sentenced to a prison term of six years, according to Voetbal International, who claim there is a 'good chance' he will appeal against the imposed sentence.

Promes did not attend the court hearing in Amsterdam and is said to have denied involvement in the smuggling of cocaine through the port of Antwerp.

Prosecutors initially called for Promes to receive a nine-year prison sentence. “The case came to light after the police Criminal Intelligence Team received information that the 32-year-old man who now lives in Russia was involved in the cocaine trade,” they said.

“He is also said to own crypto phones and has invested €200,000 in the trade.

“That information prompted an investigation to be launched. Eavesdropping equipment was placed in the suspect's car and the suspect was observed.

“The accuracy of the TCI information was confirmed, partly by seized telephones from others in which conversations were found in which the suspects also participated.

“Many chat messages made it clear that both suspects were involved in bringing in, removing and further transporting and selling these two consignments.”

Last year, Promes was sentenced to 18 months in prison for assault after he allegedly stabbed his cousin in the knee during a family party.

The original incident dated back to a family gathering back in July 2020. According to multiple reports, Promes held a party at a warehouse in Abcoude and got into an altercation with a male family member.

He stabbed the individual with a knife and caused serious injuries, prompting his arrest in December, where he spent two days in jail before being released.

https://www.sportbible.com/football/football-news/netherlands-ajax-quincy-promes-spartak-moscow-542621-20240214

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
What's a crypto phone?

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Cannon_Fodder posted:

What's a crypto phone?

a super secret unhackable phone in which the server in the netherlands was taken over by dutch police and like dozens of criminal gangs were arrested with literal social media posts showing photographic evidence of crimes

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Cannon_Fodder posted:

What's a crypto phone?

sky ecc or encrochat most likely https://riskbulletins.globalinitiative.net/see-obs-013/01-decryption-of-messaging-app-criminal-activities.html
https://www.europol.europa.eu/media...-million-seized

they were companies that developed their own encrypted chat platform and also sold phones with all the tracking, gps etc ripped out and self destruct codes that would wipe the phone if entered

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Many drug dealers in liverpool got owned by the encrochat leak, every day there's another genius in the paper who was betrayed by his unhackable phone

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

the sex ghost posted:

Many drug dealers in liverpool got owned by the encrochat leak, every day there's another genius in the paper who was betrayed by his unhackable phone

hopefully dial a dealer is alive and well there at least

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

Nuclear Spoon posted:

worth noting that lee kang-in has publicly apologised and this was clearly leaked by the KFA to distract from how much of a disaster klinsmann has been

doesn't seem to have saved JK

quote:

“The KFA has decided to change the national head coach following a comprehensive review,” he said.

“Klinsmann has failed to display managerial capability and leadership expected of a national head coach in areas ranging from tactics, personnel management to work attitude and others required to bring about competitiveness to the team.

“Klinsmann’s attitude and competitiveness as head coach has fallen short of people’s expectations and it was agreed that this would not be improved going forward, so we have decided to change leadership ahead of 2026 World Cup qualifying games.”

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Akbar posted:

doesn't seem to have saved JK

Wow they threw him under the bus

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!
Yeah, I dunno if it's a cultural differences thing, but that's about as blatant a "this guy loving sucks, we're firing him" as I've ever seen in a public statement from any organization, in or out of sports.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
I mean, he does suck tho

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

the sex ghost posted:

Down here the cops coded up their own ultra-secret super encrypted totally unhackable messaging app, then got their undercover guys to encourage all the dealers etc to use it.

Acab, but it was extremely funny when a whole bunch of guys got owned for openly discussing drug deals and contract killings while using the cop-developed app

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Jethro posted:

Yeah, I dunno if it's a cultural differences thing, but that's about as blatant a "this guy loving sucks, we're firing him" as I've ever seen in a public statement from any organization, in or out of sports.

As somebody who followed the USMNT under Klinsmann, it’s a lot easier to work that job living in California than to do so while leading South Korea.

And Klinsmann hasn’t exactly been doing too hot with any of his jobs in recent years anyway. I would imagine the South Korean organization went in thinking they got a scratch and dent deal and then are shocked when it had defects.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Lol, imagine his next job interview, first question:

'So, your last employer said you failed to display managerial capability and leadership expected of a national head coach in areas ranging from tactics, personnel management to work attitude and others required to bring about competitiveness to the team, and that your attitude and competitiveness as head coach fell short of people’s expectations.

But what makes you feel you would be suitable for this role? '

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Dani alves just got 4.5 years in prison for rape

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-68368372

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
so he won't be signing for inter miami until at least december then?

Shroud
May 11, 2009
I've heard Getafe might be interested.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Jose posted:

Dani alves just got 4.5 years in prison for rape

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-68368372

quote:

According to Spanish media, the court took into account Alves's decision to pay the victim €150,000 (£128,500) in damages regardless of the outcome of the trial when it decided on the length of his prison term.

The court did not, however, accept the argument put forward by his lawyers that he should be given a more lenient sentence because he was drunk.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

:argh: Luton!!

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Half the teams are doing a shirt collar pull.

Man U seems less concerned since it's not a violent crime investigation yet.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

based on Leicester, France and Man City, being caught up in an elaborate sex scandal directly correlates with winning trophies

so at least we can rule out Spurs

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

QPR’s Chair sentenced to year in prison for breaking man’s skull

slightly confusing title as it isn’t the chair of qpr but the player called chair

it’s not like turkish football has started a trend of executives just coming down from the box to have a pop at match officials

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Pogban

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68436828

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

RIp pogba you got an emoji then you died and were subsequently banned

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Did so much test his muscles exploded. You hate to see it

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
wanted big muscles so that all the kids would be impressed by his biceps while dabbing, sad that the woke brigade have decided that's illegal just because it would impact his side hustle of playing football

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Those were *enhanced* performances?

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Remember when he scored in the Euros and did 3 different celebrations and then France lost the match and went out? Lovely stuff.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Mickolution posted:

Remember when he scored in the Euros and did 3 different celebrations and then France lost the match and went out? Lovely stuff.

He’s recreating that Swiss fan photo now

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

sebzilla posted:

Those were *enhanced* performances?

supposedly Juve recommended him take time off from an injury and he ignored the advice and got surgery + drugs to recover faster

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
He ignored Juve’s doctors at every opportunity. Before the WC last year they wanted him to get full ligament surgery that would’ve kept him out essentially a full season but would have a pretty good chance of meaningful recovery. Instead he got some half assed procedure from his own doctor with an alleged 2 month recovery time because he thought he’d get picked for the WC, but then his knee just got even worse during the rehab phase.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/johncrossmirror/status/1763195640257958143

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
someone wants to kiss him in the mouth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!

Mickolution posted:

its one of my favourite football memories op. thanks for posting it