Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

War and Pieces posted:

in my city you can just flash a page from the app that is just a timer counting down from 4 hours but sense I got a fliphone I can just flash a screenshot and they'll never notice

Beautiful work, son. The tech may change, but the scams continue through the ages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

https://twitter.com/nilansaha/status/1762390930550927823
now I can hustle and grind all day without hurting my metrics! :waycool:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Not sure why one AI bot making a comment on another AI bots created post counts as engagement, but if flooding everything with AI created garbage is what gets the internet free of all that marketing engagement crap is it becomes apparent how vapid and meaningless it is, then AI is worth. Bring on the purging flood.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

dr_rat posted:

Not sure why one AI bot making a comment on another AI bots created post counts as engagement, but if flooding everything with AI created garbage is what gets the internet free of all that marketing engagement crap is it becomes apparent how vapid and meaningless it is, then AI is worth. Bring on the purging flood.

Great insights, appreciate the opportunity to learn from you.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

NeonPunk posted:

Great insights, appreciate the opportunity to learn from you.

lmao

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Tulip posted:

In all seriousness the NYPD will casually watch people commit crimes all day long without intervening and then attempt to enforce laws that were never on the books whenever they're feeling cranky, living in NYC is just treating them the way I imagine Byzantines treated the Huns.
most officers don't even live in the city, your analogy is more apt than you intended

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

dr_rat posted:

Lol if you think that it'll get the Internet clear of that poo poo. You'll just get to pay more for a lovely facsimile of what you used to get beforehand.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

i'm a feminist and a sapiosexual, so i think the brown m&m is the most titillating.

women, you can thank me now!

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

most officers don't even live in the city, your analogy is more apt than you intended

yeah i had an ex-uncle who was a beat cop in Washington heights and lived in Brick NJ

he was, shockingly, a piece of poo poo

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

TACD posted:

https://twitter.com/nilansaha/status/1762390930550927823
now I can hustle and grind all day without hurting my metrics! :waycool:

This is one of the most soulless things I've ever seen.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Nichael posted:

This is one of the most soulless things I've ever seen.

like what do these people believe the point of being alive is

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Shareholder value

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

I always wonder what close relationships are like for those people. What do they talk about? What is love for them? Can they have unconditional love for family, friends, pets, etc? I imagine children are just status symbols for them, that they feel societally obligated to manufacture.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

lol who is using LinkedIn for meaningful human contact. it’s a battleground for capitalism, get your shots in

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Subjunctive posted:

lol who is using LinkedIn for meaningful human contact. it’s a battleground for capitalism, get your shots in

ya, if any of my kpis are ever based on linkedin/facebook "engagement" then im doing that poo poo in a heartbeat

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
people with real skills just put them on their resume and get contacted with job offers but i guess if youre a fart app developer you gotta chase down that engagement

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i havent logged on linkedin for idk 15-20 years?

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I had a friend who needed more LinkedIn contacts to look valid, so I made an account and said I had all the qualifications they needed and then added them as a friend. And then I did it a second time for someone else.

Apparently the people who vet you via linkedin don't go more than a layer deep and will believe anything?

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Desert Bus posted:

I had a friend who needed more LinkedIn contacts to look valid, so I made an account and said I had all the qualifications they needed and then added them as a friend. And then I did it a second time for someone else.

Apparently the people who vet you via linkedin don't go more than a layer deep and will believe anything?

when i did a coding bootcamp during the job search part we had a browser console script that automatically did this so we all went to each other's pages and ran it, little bit later we all had 40 endorsements. i'm not sure i've ever gotten one since then but it still looks good

of course they don't vet you at all, every interview i've participated in i read the person's resume 5 minutes beforehand and that's it for prep. lie as much as you want no one will know

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Alucard posted:

Lol if you think that it'll get the Internet clear of that poo poo. You'll just get to pay more for a lovely facsimile of what you used to get beforehand.

I don't think dr_rat is proposing that AI spam will clear the internet of brand engagement spam, merely that it'll accelerate the uselessness of the internet significantly, which is good because gently caress the internet and gently caress computers.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

mycomancy posted:

I don't think dr_rat is proposing that AI spam will clear the internet of brand engagement spam, merely that it'll accelerate the uselessness of the internet significantly, which is good because gently caress the internet and gently caress computers.

turn on your mechanical typewriter

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

mycomancy posted:

Remember 1995? You could talk to someone on the other side of the world for free almost instantly. It felt like anything was possible.

And this is what we did with it.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
a/s/l never die

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

a/s/l never die

I don't think I ever once honestly replied to a/s/l?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Desert Bus posted:

I don't think I ever once honestly replied to a/s/l?

no you always lie and say you're a 22 yo lady with huge cans in the Phoenix area.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Facebook Aunt posted:

Remember 1995? You could talk to someone on the other side of the world for free almost instantly. It felt like anything was possible.

And this is what we did with it.

No, I wasn't born yet for most of it.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

tokin opposition posted:

No, I wasn't born yet for most of it.

How did you wander in here kid? Like how did you even find this place? This is not a place of honour.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Facebook Aunt posted:

How did you wander in here kid? Like how did you even find this place? This is not a place of honour.

Gonna havta second this, what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

i'm 28 you goobers, i'm old enough to drunk drive a rented car while my back hurts to pay off my student loans

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

tokin opposition posted:

i'm 28 you goobers, i'm old enough to drunk drive a rented car while my back hurts to pay off my student loans

At least you're not vaping.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

tokin opposition posted:

you're 58

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Shock reveal that the person who makes a big deal about being young is basically 30 and thus basically a pensioner

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Reminder that kids these days are growing up as close to the 1990s as we were to the 1960s in 1990.

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

tokin opposition posted:

ok zoomer

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

hee hee this youngster is barley out of diapers and already posting about back pain. Come back when you're going through a whole family size thing of ibprofen every week :corsair:

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Koishi Komeiji posted:

hee hee this youngster is barley out of diapers and already posting about back pain. Come back when you're going through a whole family size thing of ibprofen every week :corsair:

I'd say you should talk to a doctor about that but iirc you're American

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

tokin opposition posted:

Fun fact: everyone more than 10 years younger than you is a kid. Forever.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Everyone born after the 1970s is a wee bairn.

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Facebook Aunt posted:

Fun fact: everyone more than 10 years younger than you is a kid. Forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Maed posted:

of course they don't vet you at all, every interview i've participated in i read the person's resume 5 minutes beforehand and that's it for prep. lie as much as you want no one will know