Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

kazil posted:

Went to sleep mad

Very liquid from the standpoint of piiiiiiiisssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

kazil posted:

Went to sleep mad

Woke up mad

aced my STI test the other day, all positive :coal:

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

OMFG FURRY posted:

aced my STI test the other day, all positive :coal:

and correctly picked out Man, Woman and Dog on my dementia test!

That dog Hillary, wow. And the woman Weak Ron. And the man Fido.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

The Stroker Ace posted:

Can someone talk me off a metaphorical ledge with the Supreme Court stuff? It feels dire and fills me with anxiety.

You’re in good company if that’s any consolation. There isn’t going to be a J6 trial prior to the election. That door is closed now. While SCOTUS could expedite a ruling if they wanted to, that would basically require unanimous consent and you can count on Thomas and/or Alito to drag things out until July as they draft their opinions. You’re now officially “too close to the election” to hold a trial. Trump’s legal team can file any number of appeals to delay things further at this point, and failing that, the GOP House can and will hold any number of bullshit hearings to further gum up the works.

The point of SCOTUS taking up this case wasn’t to seriously consider whether a president is in fact an untouchable super king of crimes, because that’s an absurd argument on its face. No, the point was to extend Trump a lifeline and a chance to reclaim the presidency. If he succeeds, all of these issues are moot because the people he will place in charge of the DOJ will quash them. It’s also within the realm of possibility that he will grant himself a pardon. As for the state and civil cases? Well, who’s going to enforce those judgments against the most powerful man on the planet?

The only way we’re going to get rid of Trump is by defeating him at the ballot. Godspeed and good luck.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Batterypowered7 posted:

I can't believe the migrants would do this.

if the football fields all burn up, they'll be forced to switch to metric!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Almost Smart posted:

You’re in good company if that’s any consolation. There isn’t going to be a J6 trial prior to the election. That door is closed now. While SCOTUS could expedite a ruling if they wanted to, that would basically require unanimous consent and you can count on Thomas and/or Alito to drag things out until July as they draft their opinions. You’re now officially “too close to the election” to hold a trial. Trump’s legal team can file any number of appeals to delay things further at this point, and failing that, the GOP House can and will hold any number of bullshit hearings to further gum up the works.

The point of SCOTUS taking up this case wasn’t to seriously consider whether a president is in fact an untouchable super king of crimes, because that’s an absurd argument on its face. No, the point was to extend Trump a lifeline and a chance to reclaim the presidency. If he succeeds, all of these issues are moot because the people he will place in charge of the DOJ will quash them. It’s also within the realm of possibility that he will grant himself a pardon. As for the state and civil cases? Well, who’s going to enforce those judgments against the most powerful man on the planet?

The only way we’re going to get rid of Trump is by defeating him at the ballot. Godspeed and good luck.

McDonalds, you know what to do.

BIG FISH DELITE DELUX. with 500% of your daily cholesterol in half a sandwich!

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
Those come off as fugazi truth posts to me

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Oh, his companies are liquid all right, I have no trouble believing that. Straight down the drain with them!

Aramis fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Feb 29, 2024

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Yeah, when I was talking about the lack of signs where I was driving today, it feels like there were a lot more signs earlier in the cycle in 2016 and 2020. Trump people love vice signaling, and I feel like you saw Trump signs up in December before.

Not saying it means anything, just an observation. You can say, “well Trump’s basically the incumbent,” but he was the literal incumbent and sitting president in 2020 and motherfuckers couldn’t get their dumb yard waste signs and flags up early enough.

Seems different. :shrug:

And yeah, no Biden signs anywhere, but I’m sure that’s for the same reason I don’t have one up - I don’t feel like making my house a target for chuds.

I still don't really think it means anything until we see concrete results one way or the other after the election, but I live in pretty heavy chud territory and am seeing the same thing. Between work, taking my kid to school, and recreational weekend things like driving to different trailheads I'm seeing way less Trump cult poo poo. At this time in 2020 it was everywhere. Not just signs and flags at residences, but roadside pop-up rallies and tiny-dick dudes driving through town with oversized TRUMP flags on their oversized trucks. Granted, I'm not driving down every single road in the more rural areas, but still, noticeably less TRUMP garbage in all places I go. The only people as far as I can see still waving it around are the people who have had their Dear Leader poo poo up year-round since 2016. This area will still go pretty solid red, but the cult-like devotion to Trump so far in 2024 is nothing what it appears at the surface level to be what it was 4 years ago. I hope that counts for at least something. Very rare to see any Biden stuff other than a bumper sticker but I consider that a positive because we aren't a cult and our side is fundamentally different from fascism.

tek79 fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Feb 29, 2024

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Almost Smart posted:

I would be here, except the fact is Jack Smith is the one that asked for cert, so there's *some* possibility we are going to be given epic lols

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Raku posted:

I would be here, except the fact is Jack Smith is the one that asked for cert, so there's *some* possibility we are going to be given epic lols

Smith asked the Supreme Court to take it up before it went to appeals court. They declined.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

kazil posted:

Went to sleep mad

He's describing the plot of Escape From New York and I'm totally on board.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Everything Trump experiences always has to be the biggest most unprecedented thing in history

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003
Yeah SCOTUS could have either A) Gone first, if it was obviously such an important issue that we needed a SCOTUS decision on, or B) Wait to see if there was any kind of split/disagreement from the Florida docs case, if Trump tries to make a similar argument there.

Instead they waited for the appeals court, who gave a very clear, unanimous decision. Nothing has happened related to immunity in Florida, so there's no 'split' of any kind, and then they granted cert after ignoring the case previously, and carefully timed it to not appear to be delaying tooooo much but also to be delaying just enough to gently caress everything up. It's absolutely a deliberate effort to sabotage the trial but Roberts gets to pretend they're being reasonable.

What will happen next is that Cannon will push the Florida docs case back into the last window that there would be for a Jan 6 trial after a SCOTUS decision, and then at the last possible minute will delay again until after the election.

Rescue Toaster fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Feb 29, 2024

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

Whybird posted:

That is perhaps giving the London Met a little too much credit, what with that thing where Constable Wayne Couzens, whose nickname on the force was "the rapist", raped and murdered Sarah Everard and his colleagues on the force then beat up a bunch of women who were holding a candlelit vigil for her.

ABAC

All
Bobbies
Are
Cunts

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Everything Trump experiences always has to be the biggest most unprecedented thing in history

This phenomenon of describing everything in the superlative was something also found in the propaganda of Nazi Germany, at least according to Victor Klemperer.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Pancakes.

Bread?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Trump: "SUSAN-ITIS!!!"

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Alan Smithee posted:

Trump: "SUSAN-ITIS!!!"

an unfortunate symptom of TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome)

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

cr0y posted:

Pancakes.

Bread?

It says cake right in the name. Pay your employees IHOP.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

panera is going to have to pay 20 an hour anyway because no one is going to work there if every other fast food job in the state pays better so I'm not really sure how this benefits them.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

I hope this doesn't fall into the category of doomerism, but I'm not so sure beating him at the ballot box is going to make trump or his fascist believers just go away. These people are laying all the groundwork for doing away with our system of law as a whole.

Guess I'm just saying, trump isn't going away until the fucker is dead or at least braindead. The nazis are betting the farm on this one. I'm not sure how clear that is to people from blue states, so I apologize if I'm stating the obvious here. These folks are nuts down here.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Almost Smart posted:

Well… there are other ways to get rid of a 77-year-old obese dumbass… hey mods look over there it’s a furry!

Ok let’s make a plan

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

madmatt112 posted:

Well… there are other ways to get rid of a 77-year-old obese dumbass… hey mods look over there it’s a furry!

Ok let’s make a plan

In the trump thread? Gross.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Jeremor posted:

I hope this doesn't fall into the category of doomerism, but I'm not so sure beating him at the ballot box is going to make trump or his fascist believers just go away. These people are laying all the groundwork for doing away with our system of law as a whole.

Guess I'm just saying, trump isn't going away until the fucker is dead or at least braindead. The nazis are betting the farm on this one. I'm not sure how clear that is to people from blue states, so I apologize if I'm stating the obvious here. These folks are nuts down here.

Dont't know how to break this to you, but there is no "winning" against reactionaries. There will always be a new crop of psychos wanting to take and hold power, they just change names.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Pook Good Mook posted:

Dont't know how to break this to you, but there is no "winning" against reactionaries. There will always be a new crop of psychos wanting to take and hold power, they just change names.

You're not wrong but they certainly have a branding issue at the moment.

BrideOfUglycat
Oct 30, 2000

Toxic Mental posted:

Doesn't "conservative" in Brexitland mean the opposite that it does in the USA

No. Comparably speaking, they fall on the same side of the spectrum. Conservatives in the UK are the "Tories." Essentially the party of BoJo and "Leaving the EU". The Tories have dipped a toe into the non-euclidian madness that seems to have pervaded those of Conservative though, but they haven't jumped in like the US Republicans and started guzzling it down. I suspect because of the UKs well established multi-party system. There are more parties for the crazy people to find their fellow-tinfoil hat wearers.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Gonna be really funny if voters sweep Trump and the Republicans into power and then are still mad that IVF and abortion are banned. :psyboom:

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Rescue Toaster posted:

Yeah SCOTUS could have either A) Gone first, if it was obviously such an important issue that we needed a SCOTUS decision on, or B) Wait to see if there was any kind of split/disagreement from the Florida docs case, if Trump tries to make a similar argument there.

Instead they waited for the appeals court, who gave a very clear, unanimous decision. Nothing has happened related to immunity in Florida, so there's no 'split' of any kind, and then they granted cert after ignoring the case previously, and carefully timed it to not appear to be delaying tooooo much but also to be delaying just enough to gently caress everything up. It's absolutely a deliberate effort to sabotage the trial but Roberts gets to pretend they're being reasonable.

What will happen next is that Cannon will push the Florida docs case back into the last window that there would be for a Jan 6 trial after a SCOTUS decision, and then at the last possible minute will delay again until after the election.
You don't need a circuit split to force an issue, what made the decision to not grant initial cert was the fact the DC Court had expedited the hearing and the justices wanted to read what they wrote too. Getting a fuller record is one of those things that judges tend to want anyway, and it wasn't some partisan thing because there were no noted dissents on the order denying extraordinary cert. Sometimes the court system just takes a certain amount of time.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

The conservatives on SCOTUS are ratfucking the legal system in order to throw a lifeline to Trump, but ultimately the fault lies with Biden’s DOJ and AG Garland for dragging their feet so long on charging Trump for J6 stuff. He should’ve been arrested at 12:01pm 1/20/21.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

The Supreme Court sucks total rear end and this stunt has done further damage to any reputation they still had

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

The conservatives on SCOTUS are ratfucking the legal system in order to throw a lifeline to Trump, but ultimately the fault lies with Biden’s DOJ and AG Garland for dragging their feet so long on charging Trump for J6 stuff. He should’ve been arrested at 12:01pm 1/20/21.

But that would have looked like retaliation! Trump would have accused him of charging him the moment he left office which no president should face! PRESIDENTIAL IMMUNITY!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

They thought Trump wouldn’t run again, and they thought the McConnell’s of the Republican Party wouldn’t let him.

Now look who’s sweeping the nom and who’s stepping down. :lol:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
drat, I didn’t know.

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1763159747220369690

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

taylor boebert is going to be the next "TRUMP"

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

I hear what you're saying, but a case had to be built first, which required an investigation that was not only filled with detailed accounts and information, but also was watertight against an appeal.

We all knew he was organizing what happened, the trump.win website was posted in the first iteration of the trump thread and all the hatred they had planned for Jan 6th- but the voting public had to know all the details, too.

Because ultimately, the fate of a former POTUS who is still viable for re-election is more in the hands of the voters, than the DOJ.

Because he is still electable and can negate the charges.

Trump is guilty in a court of law. The DOJ, and Garland- had to make him guilty in the eyes of the court of public opinion, so he can be voted out, and then face justice in the following 4 years.

He. Will. Be. hosed.

We just have to wait for it to all unfold.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

big nipples big life posted:

panera is going to have to pay 20 an hour anyway because no one is going to work there if every other fast food job in the state pays better so I'm not really sure how this benefits them.

Um every other fast food restaurant is just gonna start serving bread.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
and, after this is all done, the same people screaming about michelle obama being the secret dem candidate will demand respect for their new opinions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

weg posted:

Um every other fast food restaurant is just gonna start serving bread.

only if they have time machines too.