Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Angepain posted:

strong wise joe mccarthy will save the nation

what on earth is going on here

I think hes lamenting that they are teaching *Gasp* SCIENCE in schools instead of teaching them that jesus creates the rain by crying because hes sad like the KIDS WANNA HEAR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Drakyn posted:

Colourist Errors, Corrected

Okay, it’s too subtle for me, I have no idea what’s changed here.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

skeleton warrior posted:

Okay, it’s too subtle for me, I have no idea what’s changed here.

the piss tape is real

check the foot bath

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: What Happens in the Corridors of Power Stays in the Corridors of Power

Ted Rall posted:

You’ve heard the claim that Joe Biden is with it behind closed doors, that it’s only in public that the president seems confused or senile. Similar things have been said about Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump. What if they’re true?

First Dog on the Moon: A gender pay gap? In this economy?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Tod Roll is observant and funny in his other cartoons which are written and drawn under different names by different people.

atomivoi
Jul 22, 2007

Nenonen posted:

Both of his parents were there, but then Mike Lester started beating his wife.

Kid was married?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Guavanaut posted:

Tod Roll is observant and funny in his other cartoons which are written and drawn under different names by different people.

It's basically the same as his previous cartoon, although not as obsessed with unnecessarily dropping intellectual references.

I've honestly been seeing a few Ralls lately that I don't think are terrible. They're self-indulgent and smug, as they've always been, but I can't say he's getting lazier with time, unlike most cartoonists.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Andy Marlette

Chip Bok

Gary Varvel

Michael Ramirez

Steve Breen

Steve Kelley

Tom Stiglich

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

It's brought up often, but drat stiglich really is a little antisemitic freak.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
The noses keep getting bigger and more hooked.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Skios posted:

Andy Marlette

Nikki Haley isn't even qualified to be a shoe salesperson. AGC

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

lmao

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Yeah that one just seems like an edit

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'm the glass eye because of ???

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I like to think the AI machine just says "im not gonna do a racism", and then guy just disintegrates like that

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
AI is biased against conservative opinions!
It won't write an essay for you on the benefits of lower taxes and business regulations?
No, not those opinions!

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
No you see, I asked midjourney generate a picture of a person and it gave me a picture of a black person.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

wizzardstaff posted:

No you see, I asked midjourney generate a picture of a person and it gave me a picture of a black person.

Yeah, the joke is that the LLM stuff *is* racist because it's trained on data made from humans, who are racist. The kludgey fix was that they'll take in prompts and then add in random diverse keywords to force it to be less racist, but that's an obvious hack and it leads to all sorts of obviously dumb results

But it's better than before, where you'd get it spitting out stuff like if you put "criminal" it would make everyone black

Edit: I mean "the joke" as in the broader sense, obviously Branco is too stupid to know what a joke even is

Lemming fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Feb 28, 2024

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on signs of spring in Gaza – An unnamed senior Israeli official has reportedly said they fail to understand what the US president Joe Biden’s ‘optimism’ about a ceasefire is based on"

Telegraph:

Britain’s wonkiest pub must be rebuilt ‘brick by brick’

Matt:

"Lee Anderson’s political attack against Sadiq Khan crossed the line"

Independent:

Starmer says Sunak ‘lacks backbone’ to call out Lee Anderson’s Islamophobia

Times:

Evening Standard:

Paul Scully apologises for 'no-go areas' comment after uproar in Tower Hamlets

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

Fried egg?! :kingsley:

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Which big employers have the largest and smallest gender pay gaps? New data reveals all (ABC).

Wilcox:

Senator Matt Canavan responded to the release of the first gender pay gap report with "These types of reports are becoming annual Andrew Tate recruitment drives, all they do is spread division and resentment in our community".

Rowe:

Le Lievre:

Spooner:

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Adam Zyglis

Amjad Rasmi

Ann Telnaes

Bob Englehart

Bill Bramhall

Clay Bennett

Dave Whamond

David Horsey

David Horsey posted:

Today, let’s leave behind the dismal headlines on this planet and take a run up to the moon, where the news is happier — or at least funnier.

Lunar probes from both Japan and the United States have in recent days landed on Earth’s barren satellite to gather scientific data. The landers are the latest sign that we earthlings are resuming lunar exploration after a half century of neglect following the end of the U.S. Apollo program that put the first humans on the moon.

That is the happy news. The funny part is that the Japanese lander is stuck upside down in the lunar dust, while the American lander is resting on its side. It is a new beginning, but a less-than-auspicious one.

The two mishaps show how very far we still are from the fictional worlds of “Star Wars” and “Star Trek,” where intrepid space travelers in the distant future, or in a galaxy far, far away, zip around from planet to planet like it is a drive to the shopping mall. Compared to those dashing adventurers, we seem to still be not all that advanced beyond the stick-tossing primates in the opening scenes of “2001: A Space Odyssey.”

The one person who is currently pushing humanity most urgently toward the stars is Earth’s richest man, Elon Musk, whose SpaceX company has developed the first rockets that can shoot into near space and then return to terra firma and make a precise landing. Musk is eager to get to Mars before he dies because the gazillionaire firmly believes the only hope for preserving human consciousness in the universe is to find people a new planet.

Musk is convinced of this, in part, because he fears artificial intelligence will very soon become all-powerful and inclined to exterminate homo sapiens. He might be right about AI. (If so, why is he helping bring it to life?) But salvation may not lie on the Red Planet.

As my favorite caustic, contrarian comedian, Bill Maher, has noted more than once, Mars is not our kind of place. The thin Martian atmosphere consists mostly of carbon dioxide. If that doesn’t kill you, the extreme range of temperatures will. There are no animals, no birds, no fish, no dolphins. There are no lakes or oceans, no apple trees or grass or blueberry bushes. Mars is Death Valley without air to breathe.

Musk and other alleged geniuses insist that, over time, human settlers on Mars will develop ways to cope with all of that. Nevertheless, I wonder if human consciousness is worth preserving if we stupidly screw up this lovely planet so badly that we have no survival option left other than escape into the frigid void of space.

David M. Hitch

Dick Wright

"An undocumented immigrant killed someone, and therefore all of them are evil. What's that you're saying about white men?"

Ed Gamble

Look at how upset these jackasses are that something nice might be happening for other people.

Jack Ohman

Jeff Danziger

Jeff Stahler

Jimmy Margulies

John Branch

John Darkow

Kirk Walters

Matt Davies

Mike Smith

NEMØ

You may think you've seen this already, but no, this is technically a new cartoon. See if you can spot the changes! There are two:

1. Both portraits are zoomed in more.
2. Navalny is now an ultranationalist rather than a neo-nazi "Democrat".

Phil Hands

Rivers

Taylor Jones

Walt Handelsman

Yaakov Kirschen (Dry Bones)

"Literally everyone is antisemitic."

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

idonotlikepeas posted:

Ed Gamble

Look at how upset these jackasses are that something nice might be happening for other people.

A deep well of lol that the intent here is for the reader to sympathise with these miserable, pathetic, whingeing sadsacks. Just amazing.

None of them have problems, and there's not even a joke! It's literally just whingeing!!

"Bluh bluh you think it's bad now, bluh bluh coming massive government debt crisis." As opposed to a real crisis that is actually occurring and affects you in any way? Jesus christ. "Bluh bluh I'm just unhappy for no reason, I can't even draw happy people, bluh bluh bluh," GET HELP

Anyway, weird that the newspaper printed the headline on the back of the newspaper, completely separate from the story

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

idonotlikepeas posted:

NEMØ

You may think you've seen this already, but no, this is technically a new cartoon. See if you can spot the changes! There are two:

1. Both portraits are zoomed in more.
2. Navalny is now an ultranationalist rather than a neo-nazi "Democrat".

Whatever Cagle is paying this chuckle gently caress it's too much.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Apple Pie Hubbub fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Feb 29, 2024

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Kellies nomination: least concealed bigotry (racism)

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
drat, Trump's dead? Well RIP

They won't shut the gently caress up about this "weaponized justice system" but it's just based on loving nothing. It's just nothing. I had a lot more typed here but it doesn't loving matter they're just making it up out of thin air because any culpability is lawfare. How dare our guy face justice just because he broke the law. Are the charges valid? Who loving cares, that's not the point!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Vib Rib posted:

How dare our guy face justice just because he broke the law. Are the charges valid? Who loving cares, that's not the point!
It makes
especially :ironicat:

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

idonotlikepeas posted:

Ed Gamble

Lmao die mad about it, Ed.

Did he originally plan to draw this character as elderly as well, but then realized it wouldn't actually make sense?

Clerical Terrors fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Feb 29, 2024

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
This is a solid, I dunno, 7/10 gag for a politoon, but to well actually it: a chicken egg isn't an embryo.

In principle an chicken's egg could contain an embryo. That would be in addition to the yolk and white that's actually pictured there. It would be a little embryo-lookin' thing attached to the side of the yolk. But the eggs you get from the store aren't fertilised so won't.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

So they admit the republican proposals on the border crisis are useless and won't work?

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

:fuckoff:

It's a primary ann

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

DalaranJ posted:

Whatever Cagle is paying this chuckle gently caress it's too much.

I have no idea who this NEMO guy is but he just seems embarrassingly lazy, and even though he's seemingly not actually dumb, the points he makes are aggressively stupid and disingenuous. Could be a new entry into my 'least favorite' bracket

Okay, this one's kind of funny, especially that last panel.

Phlegmish fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Feb 29, 2024

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

https://twitter.com/WardSutton/status/1762942100046291202?t=RDvYcaOQVMHD1kHlEuHTUw&s=19

Phone posting, new Sutton

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

idonotlikepeas posted:

Ed Gamble

This is the inverse of the "gently caress you, got mine" mentality these people usually have.
"How dare those lazy good-for-nothing kids not have to deal with crippling student loan debt like I did?!"
Just gently caress off.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
The US has a colossal debt but lol at the idea that 1.2 billion is the tipping point. Not even 1% of the defense budget.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Vib Rib posted:

drat, Trump's dead? Well RIP

They won't shut the gently caress up about this "weaponized justice system" but it's just based on loving nothing. It's just nothing. I had a lot more typed here but it doesn't loving matter they're just making it up out of thin air because any culpability is lawfare. How dare our guy face justice just because he broke the law. Are the charges valid? Who loving cares, that's not the point!

Also for that first one, it's especially loving gross to draw a lynching analogy. For Donald "Calling to bring back the death penalty for Central Park 5" Trump of all loving people.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

the_steve posted:

Phone posting, new Sutton

Ewww! X!

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

JamesBont posted:

This is the inverse of the "gently caress you, got mine" mentality these people usually have.
"How dare those lazy good-for-nothing kids not have to deal with crippling student loan debt like I did?!"
Just gently caress off.

There's definitely an element of "I suffered so you should suffer too otherwise it's not fair to me" but the argument they usually go for is "well I'll have to pay for YOUR thing via taxes now". Which is at least consistent with their childish libertarian philosophy. I think the cartoon is both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Looking at https://randomwaffle.gbs.fm/ and found to no surprise that Ted Rall has been an anti-woke shithead since 2010.