Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Barret
Red XIII
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Vincent
Cid
View Results

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Tradition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RubricMarine
Feb 14, 2012

they keep you humble. if you do not have one PS2 textures shop you will not appreciate all the PS5 textures shops lying around

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
I need to see how big the trumpeter's paycheck was.

Gene Ricman
Aug 14, 2008

Crawfish posted:

The one early on tip i'll give is that as soon as you get access to the open fields, you are going to feel tempted to go exploring all over the place.

Don't. Beeline for the the objective marker. And then beeline for the next objective marker, and then maybe go exploring all over the place.

This 100%. I got the game on tuesday and knowing this would've saved me so much time.

Bout 15 hours into it now & enjoying it so far, just taking my time & enjoying the world. But since I'm a whiny OG 7 fanboy, im also bracing myself for all the changes I dont agree with. I'm already annoyed at the lack of pre-emptive/first strike materia on cloud during the nibelheim sequence, and given how minor of a detail that is theres not really much hope for me

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

limp dick calvin posted:

A little bit up the mountain. Extremely bizarre way to do that.

I never got this option I had to play through the whole drat thing. was it because i had a Juno save demo overwrite?

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

it was very frustrating not given the skip when i had juno demo save on my PS5. i dont know what square enix was thinking, make it like FF7 remake and have it a perm save. im still pissed that i had to waste the 2 hours replaying poo poo from the demo

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Oh jesus I'm never gonna get out of the Grasslands, this is worse than DA:I

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Game keeps throwing things at me we are never gonna cross this swamp or whatever the gently caress the next main story objective was when I got it 5 hours ago

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The main objective is to go to Junon because they have more Queen's Blood cards

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
A few PSAs:

Give the options menu a fairly deep dive. Combo Targeting is a taste preference and you might want Free. The lock-on switching is a mess too, consider messing with Lock-On Controls and Lock-On Switching options in camera.

To skip Nibelheim, first claim rewards on the title screen by pressing "Bonuses." Then, you still need to do the Nibelheim tour and go to bed, but you can say "nah" to going inside Cloud's and Tifa's places (not sure if there are any implications to doing this though; maybe a missed trophy for piano?). After running up the hill with Tifa+co, you'll get into combat. Beat that, and it'll ask you if you want to skip...to the village at night. Limping's lame but those are the breaks. Remember, you can skip most cutscenes by holding down Triangle.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Oh here's a question for anyone who didn't skip the flashback, do you end up keeping the Materia you get? You don't have it if you skip.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Shoehead posted:

Oh here's a question for anyone who didn't skip the flashback, do you end up keeping the Materia you get? You don't have it if you skip.

Nope. That Materia is just to give you some stuff to play around with in the early part. If you go back in Hard Mode/Chapter Select it doesn't seem to be there at all (because you can carry all of Cloud's gear/materia/etc back to the flashback sequence.)

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

ImpAtom posted:

Nope. That Materia is just to give you some stuff to play around with in the early part. If you go back in Hard Mode/Chapter Select it doesn't seem to be there at all (because you can carry all of Cloud's gear/materia/etc back to the flashback sequence.)

Oh good, now I don't have to feel bad about it

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
wtf I'm in the nibelham flashback and they got me on the big industrial wetvac for magic radium

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Did you not pour me out like milk, and curdle me like cheese?

f#a# posted:

you can say "nah" to going inside Cloud's and Tifa's places (not sure if there are any implications to doing this though; maybe a missed trophy for piano?).

There's definitely no implications. The demo automatically had the sheet music for Tifa's theme to play but the actual game the only option with the piano is to freestyle, unless I missed a very obvious selectable in Tifa's room.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

wtf I'm in the nibelham flashback and they got me on the big industrial wetvac for magic radium

loling thinking about the guy that was bitching about it in this thread while doing it because it takes literally 20 seconds

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I like vacuuming in real life and I also like vacuuming in video games

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

As a warning:

When your party splits up in town, make sure to go and find and talk to them. There are a lot of conversations that occur during that time that contribute to FRIENDSHIP! You can tell if there's new dialogue or not if a bubble is white instead of transparent.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Or why don’t you let people discover this for themselves?

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
Question: I finished doing everything in the grasslands, but there was one mako wellspring I couldn't reach because the only way to get there seemed to be a broken bridge. Am I meant to come back later?

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

15 things you MUST do when you play this game (or else it won’t be fun enough!!!!)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ZeeBoi posted:

Or why don’t you let people discover this for themselves?

Because people freak out about missing things?

Spermando posted:

Question: I finished doing everything in the grasslands, but there was one mako wellspring I couldn't reach because the only way to get there seemed to be a broken bridge. Am I meant to come back later?

Generally you're able to 100% an area once you get the Chocobo for that area.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Seems like their problem

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

As a warning:

When your party splits up in town, make sure to go and find and talk to them. There are a lot of conversations that occur during that time that contribute to FRIENDSHIP! You can tell if there's new dialogue or not if a bubble is white instead of transparent.

Love to have Star Ocean in my Final Fantasy.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Playing through chapter one and there doesn't seem to be any background music? Even in bits where I'm sure there was some in the demo. Voices and sound are ok. Couldn't even hear any of the notes on the piano, anyone else encountered this?

Edit: yeah just had the cutscenes with tifas teacher and there was zero music just the chatter of the villagers outside.
Edit2: ok restarting game didn't work but restarting my PS5 did, phew.

Mainwaring fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Feb 29, 2024

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

What the gently caress Kalm is gigantic now.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Rabid Snake posted:

I never got this option I had to play through the whole drat thing. was it because i had a Juno save demo overwrite?

It would make sense that you needed a completed save file from the Nibelheim portion of the demo to skip portions of the flashback, otherwise how would the game know you already beat it?

You get the bonus items with any save data, though.

Edit: when you go to Bonuses on the Title Screen, it literally says you need a cleared demo save file from the Nibelheim section. Then when you hit accept bonuses it gives you a message saying you can skip part of the flashback.

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Feb 29, 2024

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

ImpAtom posted:

Because people freak out about missing things?

I'm going to 100% forget this by the time the game gets to a platform I can play on but it's appreciated.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Anyone who's good at freestyling the piano minigame, in the flashback in the full version I love the rugpull that Tifa's theme isn't actually available at that moment so you're left to wail on your own which leads to the group roasting Cloud for wasting their time, but do they still compliment Cloud if you can cobble together something passable on your own?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Namnesor posted:

Anyone who's good at freestyling the piano minigame, in the flashback in the full version I love the rugpull that Tifa's theme isn't actually available at that moment so you're left to wail on your own which leads to the group roasting Cloud for wasting their time, but do they still compliment Cloud if you can cobble together something passable on your own?
Um... something is going on there? They gave me the "you're so talented!" lines after I just hit the keys aimlessly and played with the options and then closed the piano back up.

Hoffadoff
Sep 27, 2008

I Wanna Rock Your Body
(till the break of dawn)

Namnesor posted:

I literally spun both the sticks in circles a few times and everybody was like man you're a master at this lol.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
what the hell lmao I got loving ripped apart :(

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

triple sulk posted:

Love to have Star Ocean in my Final Fantasy.

same but unironically

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I imagine it’s based on how much key mashing you did because there’s no way the game is going to be able to judge how musical you are.

I just plonked like 4 keys then quit out and they told me I sucked.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

History Comes Inside! posted:

I imagine it’s based on how much key mashing you did because there’s no way the game is going to be able to judge how musical you are.

I just plonked like 4 keys then quit out and they told me I sucked.

Little do you know S-E included their own music-judging AI and we're all the testbed for it.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Pro tip I just found out about: if you’re skipping cutscenes as you skip your way through the demo section don’t skip the one at the end right after the tedious fire crawling, there’s more to it that wasn’t in the demo and it doesn’t warn you about that or anything. Had to go look it up after the fact!

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

I always pronounced Jenova as Jen-nova. Guess it makes sense it's nearer to Jehovah and pronounced Je-nova.

Its the same way I pronounced Shinra as Shine-ra.

Basically I suck at pronouncing things.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Communist Bear posted:

I always pronounced Jenova as Jen-nova. Guess it makes sense it's nearer to Jehovah and pronounced Je-nova.

Its the same way I pronounced Shinra as Shine-ra.

Basically I suck at pronouncing things.

Jenova and Shinra are responsible for Mako energy abuse so we should all ride Chocobos instead.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

ImpAtom posted:

Little do you know S-E included their own music-judging AI and we're all the testbed for it.
After this absolute lunatic dev team looked at an instance where Cloud walks by a piano once and apparently dismissed "he doesn't interact with it", "he has a minor interaction where he hits a few keys at random", and even "he plays it and the player gets a rhythm minigame" in favor of "let's put in a fully featured piano simulator that can be controlled by a gamepad", I am not prepared to put anything past them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Chocobo is another one although not as bad. I just had it more as choc as in chocolate.