Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

DrBouvenstein posted:

Which is a joke in some teen-season of The Simpsons. Homer and Marge both tell a story of the first person they kissed, admitting that it wasn't each other. But it turns out Homer worked at a summer camp Marge went to, and they kissed each other without knowing who they were.

And then in a later episode Bart makes fun of Homer by explaining he's kissed, like, four girls to Homer's one.

God I hate this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Milo and POTUS posted:

God I hate this

I wish either the Simpsons had died or I had

King of the hill, now, that's a show. More good seasons than Simpsons!

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Most long running animated shows have turned out to have more good seasons than the Simpsons.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I'm kinda more generous than most when it comes to post golden age simpsons. I still think 9 and 10 aren't terrible and if you're not very discerning 11 and 12 aren't unwatchable either. But man the second it hits season 13, it just nose dives. I can't even watch it and I've seen the cleveland show like 4 times

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Season 9 has some of the best episodes, season 10 doesn't really have any.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

https://youtu.be/dqU5w9p2VLw?si=Cy8kjS9riHTeWJbV

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I wish either the Simpsons had died or I had

King of the hill, now, that's a show. More good seasons than Simpsons!

Don't worry they are bringing back KotH to ruin rewatches because now you have to either watch the new bad episodes, manually mark them watched, or manually unmark everything else as unwatching (depending on how lovely the streaming platform it's currently on is)

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

They’ll call it King of the Hill: Shippuden so it won’t be added to the old series episode count.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I really hope the KOTH revival talk ended with the death of Johnny Hardwick.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

egon_beeblebrox posted:

I really hope the KOTH revival talk ended with the death of Johnny Hardwick.

It did not, he recorded his lines already. Last I checked 2025 was the expected timeframe for animation and editing to be finished.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

The Beavis and Butthead reboot is hella good. I expect judge can pull off the same with King of the Hill

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I’m possibly most excited by the prospect of seeing if the announcer voice guy is back. Can’t remember if hardwick voiced him tho

Ga-HEY ro-Dee-OH

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Mantis42 posted:

Most long running animated shows have turned out to have more good seasons than the Simpsons.

American Dad is about to hit its twentieth season soon, and every season except 1 and 2 are ROCK solid, 2 is still good overall, and 1 even has a few episodes worth watching.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
Hank and peggy raising luanne's baby because she and lucky are both dead :(

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Not since Babylon 5 has a cast been this cursed.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Flavor Bear posted:

Hank and peggy raising luanne's baby because she and lucky are both dead :(

Why does idea keep coming up in this thread? They're not gonna do this, Jesus Christ goons are like the worst writers

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
they're not dead but they are on the federal oil rig

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Asterite34 posted:

Why does idea keep coming up in this thread? They're not gonna do this, Jesus Christ goons are like the worst writers

why? its a very sweet notion :unsmith:

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Hihohe posted:

why? its a very sweet notion :unsmith:

Because it wrecks the tone of this lighthearted family sitcom to have a constant omnipresent reference to the deaths of two of its IRL actors, it would be like if all the Land Before Time sequels made it canon that Ducky got eaten by a sharptooth offscreen and Spike is just moping around looking sad all the time

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Saalkin posted:

The Beavis and Butthead reboot is hella good. I expect judge can pull off the same with King of the Hill

This. I was wary of the KotH reboot until I watched the B&B reboot material.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

Asterite34 posted:

sorry for not being serious about cartoons

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Asterite34 posted:

I think they're going to time skip far enough forward for Good Hank and Gracie to be married and Bobby is their wise groundskeeper who's only ever seen on a riding mower.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Wise groundskeeper/prop comic!

Vord
Oct 27, 2007

Bismack Billabongo posted:

I’m possibly most excited by the prospect of seeing if the announcer voice guy is back. Can’t remember if hardwick voiced him tho

Ga-HEY ro-Dee-OH

I've got some bad news for you.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Jehde posted:

This. I was wary of the KotH reboot until I watched the B&B reboot material.

I might like the B&B revival more than the original run. Or at least I definitely find old beavis and butthead funny as hell

Lavender Spliffs
Nov 12, 2023

The Moon Monster posted:

I think they're going to time skip far enough forward for Good Hank and Gracie to be married and Bobby is their wise groundskeeper who's only ever seen on a riding mower.

Mihn come quick! Hillbilly marrying hillbilly cousin. You owe me five bucks!

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Bismack Billabongo posted:

It sure sounded like him. So much so that I thought it was Dale announcing certain poo poo.

Illmade
Jan 17, 2024

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
PSYCORPS

Nothing is worth dying for, except Palestinians for Israel
Who is going to play Bobby in the revival? Pamela Adlon can't play an adult man, right?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Illmade posted:

Who is going to play Bobby in the revival? Pamela Adlon can't play an adult man, right?

Goku is voiced by an old lady still.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

Illmade posted:

adult bobby with the same voice imo. and no appearance change except long pants and a little mustache

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Flavor Bear posted:

adult bobby with the same voice imo. and no appearance change except long pants and a little mustache

Vat are you talking about?

Vat are you talking about?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Bobby marries an arizona woman whose also a big name in prop comedy

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
i think hank did prop comedy before bobby did. in the halloween episode in season 1

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Illmade posted:

I think I said it before, but scale Bobby up to 6' with no other physical or voice changes.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Milo and POTUS posted:

Bobby marries an arizona woman whose also a big name in prop comedy

This feels right.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

This feels right.

Turns out to be Gary's biological granddaughter!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Bobby is the assistant manager at an appliance store

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Bobby is a therapist, who after talking with his clients often calls up Hank to let him know he's a good dad.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Lucky's revenge for running out of peepee money.

https://ca.yahoo.com/news/covered-bridge-potato-chip-factory-004037018.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Bobby will follow in Hank’s footsteps in his own way by working at Gene’s East; a Japanese pop culture import store. He will eventually become assistant manager via connections made with the help of his uncle Junichiro.