Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Eight-Six posted:

have you ever thought that if you were as nice to ghouls as you are to people, they might grant you the secret to eternal life?

I have

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

simply place your and ten other people's blood in this funnel and you can live a hollow, undead life too

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

did you give more than ten? oh how especially immortal, far beyond wants and needs of the bloodheavy

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

So nice he stole it twice.

https://x.com/elonmusk/status/1618826074724634625?s=20

https://x.com/halomancer1/status/1657003291568648192?s=20

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

what does god need with a rocket car

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
its not theft when he owns the tweets

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice
based. based. that’s based. based elon

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Squinky v2.0 posted:

based. based. that’s based. based elon

in this test we're going to be showing you a series of images and we'd like you to react by saying either "based" or "cringe", whichever pops into your head first. Ok? let's start with an example:

Is this image Based or Cringe?

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

the milk machine posted:

what if the dogs don't love the car though

No worries, they can't ever catch the car (unless they can accelerate to 60 in under a second)

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

its not theft when he owns the tweets

correct

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

its minge

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

coconono posted:

its minge

you will receive a small shock of increasing voltage for each response given that is not either "Based" or "Cringe"

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

i am harry posted:

yeah it was super cool when he spent 100,000 to get 10 dogs adopted in his name and dead eyed smile instead of just giving that money to a dog adoption center very very cool thanks for your opinion

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I see speech is not as free here as it is on Twitter currently known as X

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

okay thread

I say elon you say epic

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

in this test we're going to be showing you a series of images and we'd like you to react by saying either "based" or "cringe", whichever pops into your head first. Ok? let's start with an example:

epic win elon ftw

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

He looks like a cactaur in that photo so I'm going with based.

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie
My apartment complex has a lot of Tesla employees because it's just a couple of miles away from the gigafactory. Someone put flyers on everyone's doors this morning about a union organizing meeting over wages, dangerous work conditions, and discrimination/harassment. :hellyeah:

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1763214981753983161?t=w2O6KKOM0UCT5wKq1Bsl0A&s=19
Lol at all his buddies chiming in with :byodood: "Not immigration that isn't the solution here"

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Elon please travel to Japan and do the needful

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

shyduck posted:

Elon please travel to Japan and do the needful seppuku

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

elon carefully studying harem isekais to gain a better understanding of the issues before making tweets like that

ftw sir

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

shyduck posted:

gonna be a lot more horses in japan

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I can't believe kids in Japan don't want to grind themselves into dust for low wages while raising kids

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Panfilo posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1763214981753983161?t=w2O6KKOM0UCT5wKq1Bsl0A&s=19
Lol at all his buddies chiming in with :byodood: "Not immigration that isn't the solution here"

the problem is... anime

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Uncle Wemus posted:

I can't believe kids in Japan don't want to grind themselves into dust for low wages while raising kids

hey don't forget to add that they're doing it on a planet we all know is dying

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

shyduck posted:

Have a lot of babies?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Isn’t the issue with Japan basically the same as it is everywhere: the boomer/older generations have looted the future from the younger generations and Japan has entire generations whose job/life prospects were completely taken out from under them and due to a hosed up culture the “correct” action was for these lost generations to basically become hermit shut ins but now the older generations realize whoops we sorta need the younger generations to make money and have kids to take care of us?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Isn’t the issue with Japan basically the same as it is everywhere: the boomer/older generations have looted the future from the younger generations and Japan has entire generations whose job/life prospects were completely taken out from under them and due to a hosed up culture the “correct” action was for these lost generations to basically become hermit shut ins but now the older generations realize whoops we sorta need the younger generations to make money and have kids to take care of us?

its worse in japan because they are even more xenophobic than the united states and immigration is almost non-existent

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the japanese population is declining and there is no immigration and the economy is stagnant so no one wants to get married or have kids

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the japanese population is declining and there is no immigration and the economy is stagnant so no one wants to get married or have kids

Actually it's that they're woke now

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
so what's the big bogeyman for Japanese right wingers? do they have their own great replacement theory but it's being puppetmastered by the Chinese instead of Jews or what exactly?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Dr. Killjoy posted:

so what's the big bogeyman for Japanese right wingers? do they have their own great replacement theory but it's being puppetmastered by the Chinese or what exactly?

china, north korea, foreigners

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Dr. Killjoy posted:

so what's the big bogeyman for Japanese right wingers? do they have their own great replacement theory but it's being puppetmastered by the Chinese instead of Jews or what exactly?

The Protocols Of The Elders Of Mongolia

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i remember when shinzo abe got killed and it seemed like no one knew what a piece of poo poo he was it was surreal lol

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
so now we're going to add a little baking soda to the pot to "free the base". The resulting product is based.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Is Koichi Toyama on X (the former Twitter)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coV0t7IZZpw

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

dr_rat posted:

Also lol that all those boot lickers were getting gently caress all revenue from it anyway and now even that paltry ammounts just been cut.

I like how musk managed to make twitter just the worst for everyone.

Edit: Oh wait not everyone. that beast guy managed to make a bunch of cash off it for doing basically nothing except telling musk to give him money.

I find X much better now that you can use it for chatting with Arabs about the destruction of America

Dr. VooDoo posted:

This shits never gonna work and a rudimentary understanding of physics reveals that

Which means it’s going to get billions from investors and government subsidies

Why won't it work?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Mostly China but if you play Yakuza you know that its the Koreans behind everything

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

thathonkey posted:

im calling elon .... calling him ftw !!! so friggin epic that x has this now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Weka posted:

I find X much better now that you can use it for chatting with Arabs about the destruction of America

Why won't it work?

Short answer: batteries. Jet engines require a lot of power because of the heat needed to create thrust on top of needing air crafts being light enough to achieve lift. Jet fuel weighs relatively little compared to the potential energy it came create via combustion. Batteries are actually massively inefficient forms of energy storage. To have enough electricity to match what jet fuel can do for a typical plan, the size and weight of the battery required wouldn’t allow a plane to fly. There has been plenty of electric jet engines revealed in the past decade. We get one or two articles a year announcing them. The issue has always been powering them in a way that would allow something to be able to fly. So unless they’ve invented a brand new battery or found a way to ignore thermodynamics, it’s gonna be another engine without a viable power source like all the others that have come before it. It’s why those who care about the environment and climate change advocate for light rail investment and infrastructure over planes; planes are horrible greenhouse gas emitters but there really isn’t anyway to make them better because of the nature of thrust and flight