Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
And as it turns out, trying to solve a wide range of complex problems with 1 solution applied equally in all cases.... Is bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I'm sure there were additional nerfs after sun setting, but I know they announced the big mountaintop nerf before it was sunset. I've been beating the drum of "sunsetting is to help them make new loot, not to nerf existing loot" for as long as sunsetting has been a concept so I remember digging into the TWAB timeline a bit. If you care to look it up it's probably like October 2020 that they went over the mountaintop nerf and then beyond light / sunsetting was a couple months later

Goddammit this post just made me realize there has been more Destiny 2 content since Covid started than came before it.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Psychic damage

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

And as it turns out, trying to solve a wide range of complex problems with 1 solution applied equally in all cases.... Is bad

I can offer a single solution that fixes every problem in Destiny 2: turn off the servers. Bam, can't say that doesn't change the entire gameplan.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Then:

Now:

https://twitter.com/DestinyBulletn/status/1762191496399491216

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Maybe gamers finally learned not to preorder games

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yooooo it's Final Shape Day guys let's gooooo

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

They really need to start putting up TFS videos in March. Cayde can only sell so much.

Though I’m thinking that new event leading up to TFS will probably help.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I have regretted every expansion I've preordered or got the deluxe edition of, and the few times I haven't (Forsaken and Witch Queen) they were actually for reals good campaigns, which is what I primarily play for. So I am manifesting a good finale by not preordering.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
The annual light climb is fine, but having to deal with getting those final-slot pinnacle drops on three characters every three months was a pain point that could result in long stretches of game time feeling like a waste due to bad RNG.

I might end up getting TFS, but they're going to have to convince me rather than relying on momentum.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

i hope we can climb cayde-6

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Dudes I haven't seen so much Bad Twitter Math since that guy ran the numbers on the cost per crucible map

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Dudes I haven't seen so much Bad Twitter Math since that guy ran the numbers on the cost per crucible map

Yeah I regret posting it, basing it off emblems owned is an extremely inaccurate way of measuring this.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
A build I just had a random inspiration for after remembering the Epochal exist. When I get off of work I am going to replace one of the solar siphons with that mod that gives you super energy on melee kills. Really fun build from the 30 minutes I played with it :unsmith:.

https://dim.gg/oduukyi/Equipped

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
https://www.bungie.net/7/en/News/article/this-week-in-destiny-02-29-24

Guardian Games March 5-26

There's a new kind of personal vehicle (alternative to sparrow) that lets you do tricks

New event weapon is an arc wave frame heavy grenade launcher

New red and gold memento, looks kinda like the old New Monarchy shaders

A bunch of scoring and point earning changes

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
What's up with the seasonal artifact and "Requirements not met?" I want to unlock Radiant Trigger, and I have the requisite number of things unlocked in row 1. Is it because I don't have Lightfall? I want access, I want to set people on fire with Polaris Lance.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

haveblue posted:

https://www.bungie.net/7/en/News/article/this-week-in-destiny-02-29-24
There's a new kind of personal vehicle (alternative to sparrow) that lets you do tricks

Listen, this is vastly underselling it.

Guys, you can get a loving hoverboard and do sick kickflips and grinds.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

The Finn posted:

What's up with the seasonal artifact and "Requirements not met?" I want to unlock Radiant Trigger, and I have the requisite number of things unlocked in row 1. Is it because I don't have Lightfall? I want access, I want to set people on fire with Polaris Lance.

Do you have a perk point free? Might need some more XP

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

haveblue posted:

Do you have a perk point free? Might need some more XP

I'm dumb as poo poo and missed the Refund option. Problem solved

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

The Finn posted:

I'm dumb as poo poo and missed the Refund option. Problem solved

Destiny 2 Lightfall: I'm dumb as poo poo and missed the Refund option

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

T1g4h posted:

Listen, this is vastly underselling it.

Guys, you can get a loving hoverboard and do sick kickflips and grinds.

Interesting. I shall not be participating. Farewell.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

life_source posted:

lol what a post.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

life_source posted:

Keep us updated on all the other stuff you’re not doing, like making good posts

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I just want everyone to know I'm not going to the concert tomorrow. I hope in time you can all help each other emotionally recover from this. Farewell.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

life_source posted:

New thread title please

:monar:

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
[stares in Warframe]

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Kesper North posted:

[stares in Warframe]

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

life_source posted:

goatd

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I kind of want the hoverboard we should have had from lightfall,* but also I logged in the other day and it's been so long since I played I've completely lost my ability to aim.

* Which reminds me of another weird disconnect. This whole year, none of the seasons have even referred to Neomuna, have they?

A while back (I think Beyond Light / Season of the Hunt) someone suggested that this is because of the glacial timescales the seasonal teams work on, but... Maybe don't do that? Look at fixing that? It makes the expansions feel weird and disconnected from the universe for the entire first year they exist.

I thought of this because I thought it would be a bit cool to have a mini quest where you get the board from our new best friend Nimbus, and then I remembered they couldn't even be arsed to add a gift for them to the dawning.

The board is going to be locked behind the premium card isn't it?

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
All the Neomuna story stuff has been those dumb lore dump "missions" with the pods that people only went through once to get Epochal Integration.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Bobby Deluxe posted:

* Which reminds me of another weird disconnect. This whole year, none of the seasons have even referred to Neomuna, have they?

A while back (I think Beyond Light / Season of the Hunt) someone suggested that this is because of the glacial timescales the seasonal teams work on, but... Maybe don't do that? Look at fixing that? It makes the expansions feel weird and disconnected from the universe for the entire first year they exist.

I think it's less glacial timescales and more that the season and expansion teams don't seem to talk to each other that much. Most years the seasons are only vaguely related to the expansion content and maybe at best have an activity or two on the expansion planet. This year is kinda unique in that no one even mentioned Neomuna by name, ever, yeah

quote:

The board is going to be locked behind the premium card isn't it?

According to the weekly update the skimmer is a reward for doing all the Guardian Games quests, which have never been behind the card before. There is a second skimmer that will probably cost silver

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

quote:

The new Skimmer is called the Allstar Vector and will be available for everyone to earn during Guardian Games All-Stars. Just pick it up from Eva Levante after completing the onboarding quest, and if you want to keep it permanently after the event finishes (spoiler alert: you do!), complete the Drop In quest and the Allstar Vector will be yours to keep forever.

Another Skimmer, this one inspired by a beloved Destiny weapon, will be available in the in-game Eververse as well. Whichever style of Skimmer you prefer, you’ll be able to start grinding those space rails next week!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The expansion destination is being designed at the same time the seasons are being designed. That's why we spent so much time on europa in year 5 and finally went back to SavathunTown in year 6

Unsure if we'll go to Neomuna for year 7 though, on account of it sucks and nobody wants to go there ever again

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

Izanagi's Boardin'
Hang 1000 Voices
Whispers of the Wave

edit: Point Break Perfected

Roctavian fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Mar 1, 2024

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The expansion destination is being designed at the same time the seasons are being designed. That's why we spent so much time on europa in year 5 and finally went back to SavathunTown in year 6

Unsure if we'll go to Neomuna for year 7 though, on account of it sucks and nobody wants to go there ever again

idk, I think Neomuna a pretty cool setting visually and i'd love to see a season that uses it's aesthetic or explores it further. It's just the balance of the patrol space that sucks rear end.

Like, Sav's throne world is pretty mid outside some of the aesthetics that aren't "drab swamp," but Season of the Witch was pretty cool cause it explored stuff tangential to the throne world.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I think the written description of Neomuna is cool but I think they completely failed to portray a neon cyber scape with what they put in game. Like the opening encounter of SotP does a better job of megalopolis than neomuna. It was out of necessity no doubt, but using all the Braytech modular buildings and greebles just made it look like Europa in the Summer

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Roctavian posted:

Izanagi's Boardin'
Hang 1000 Voices
Whispers of the Wave

edit: Point Break Perfected

1080 Degree Stare

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010