Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Ibram Gaunt posted:

This game not having synced up banner change times across regions peeves me the heck off!!

So this is the Sparkle origin story...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Sexual Aluminum posted:

So this is the Sparkle origin story...

Each version of Sparkle is from a different time zone, makes sense

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

is it just a banner change? no mini side events to do?

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

There's a combat event as well, it's kinda like a blend between PF and MOC where you rack up buffs during the PF-like fights by doing certain objectives, then you have a big boss fight at the end. 5 different stages, each stage unlocked daily.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
S+ tier, as expected.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Oh, she doesn't really work with Seele? That's a shame, game hasn't really given me any QQ eidolons (she's sub-E4 at least).

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Lost 50/50 to loving Yanqing, the worst possible loss please kill me.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

rio posted:

Maybe a future game mode will redeem YQ like Pure Fiction did the spin to win duo. I'm up to E2 on him and was building him to use with Gepard when Jingliu came out and left him in the dust.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

rio posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Aer05-pmkw

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
How worthwhile is it to go after JY's LC? I have terrible Erudition LCs, I only have a S5 Seriousness of Breakfast I move around between Himeko and JY (so I cannot use both at once for stuff like Pure Fiction), and then a sprinkling of S1 4*. I have not even bothered trying to use QQ since I do not have enough LC to go around. I am not super interested in that many upcoming characters, I might go for Archeron (or anyone else that is reported to be good), other than that still waiting for Jingliu to come back. I currently have 173 rolls banked, about 30 towards pity on the character banner with a guaranteed banner character. Even getting a few Geniuses' Repose would be an upgrade. I guess I could easily make 2 more S5 Seriousness of Breakfasts if needed, but it is kind of unsatisfying knowing that it is not a top option for anyone. Though Sparkle does look like she would pair well with DHIL...

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Feb 29, 2024

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Yanqing does have a niche in SU for Remembrance freeze-spamming at least. Once you reach the point where you're just constantly cycling Dissociations, a 60% freeze chance on every attack is like, actually good.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

E4 Bryona spook but then Sparkle on the next ten. Really hope Archon is second on banner list for 2.1 so I can save at least a little.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Somehow got her on my first ten pull so I guess I'll spend some getting a second Bronya cone for her.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

for the love of god sync the banners

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Meowywitch posted:

for the love of god sync the banners

why do they do this

isn't it more work

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Pain of Mind posted:

How worthwhile is it to go after JY's LC? I have terrible Erudition LCs, I only have a S5 Seriousness of Breakfast I move around between Himeko and JY (so I cannot use both at once for stuff like Pure Fiction), and then a sprinkling of S1 4*. I have not even bothered trying to use QQ since I do not have enough LC to go around. I am not super interested in that many upcoming characters, I might go for Archeron (or anyone else that is reported to be good), other than that still waiting for Jingliu to come back. I currently have 173 rolls banked, about 30 towards pity on the character banner with a guaranteed banner character. Even getting a few Geniuses' Repose would be an upgrade. I guess I could easily make 2 more S5 Seriousness of Breakfasts if needed, but it is kind of unsatisfying knowing that it is not a top option for anyone. Though Sparkle does look like she would pair well with DHIL...

JY's lc at S1 is about 20% more damage than Breakfast. Also, that new Erudition lc is so much better than Breakfast, especially for Pure Fiction.

Sparkle is so good for DanIL and QQ. If Aventurine was in 2.2, I would already have her.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

why did i read the description of sparkle's icon...dear lord

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

DancingShade posted:

Thanks, going to not open it and see if there is a follow up mail next year.

You do you but the entire joke of that line in the email is that there is no February 29th next year to mail the follow up.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
yeah it expires in 30 days and collecting it auto-opens the gift (I got credits :T)

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

FYI for the new Dreamjolt event, I used Herta/Himeko/Ruan Mei/Huohuo and they were a freaking murder squad. I auto-battled the whole thing and got the maximum 90k points with 2 cycles left.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I got Sampo :toot:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I got 100,000k credits which is probably for the best

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012
i’m weak and pulled kind of hoping to lose the 50/50 to guarantee aventurine. what i didn’t want was a c1 bailu though

100 pulls left for the small gambler man with what amounts to a full patch to save more. looking alright! :unsmith:

edit: every last one of those fuels is going towards aventurine too. thanks for the reparations dummy

MNSNTZR fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Feb 29, 2024

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I got 10 fuel from her mail. I guess I won the mail gacha before losing the more important character gacha.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

rio posted:

I got 10 fuel from her mail. I guess I won the mail gacha before losing the more important character gacha.

Everyone got 10 fuel, sorry, you're not a winner.

qbert posted:

S+ tier, as expected.

:jerkbag:

GoodluckJonathan fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Feb 29, 2024

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

I lost the 50/50 but got my first Gepard, which is a character I've wanted for a while for SU purposes. So it could've been worse.

Also somehow got 3 4-stars (Sampo, Xueyi, and QQ) in a single 10-pull, so that was neat.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Sparkle gave me trash :v:

Also in 190 pulls I got; e2 Sparkle, Bronya, and Jing Yuan's LC (for Qingque)

An excellent day overall, now to find some attack boots for Qingque and to find another 13 speed for Sparkle.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

I got, uh,

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Genovera posted:

I got, uh,

use it

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
I got a Praise of High Morals...thanks?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

you're not going to fool me into bricking my acct, gonna hold onto my credbit for when the bubble bursts thank you very much

Dead on Arrival
Nov 4, 2008
Sampo to e5, Hanya to e5, Quinque was already maxed, and won the 50/50 for Sparkle. A good day...

I also received a Credbit from the mail. Didn't even think to use it...

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Motto posted:

Oh, she doesn't really work with Seele? That's a shame, game hasn't really given me any QQ eidolons (she's sub-E4 at least).

I took Seele + Sparkle into the new moc edition and they performed quite well but it took some adjustments. Seele will still starve the team of sp if you let her run amok and I had to pay a lot of attention to make sure she ulted when sparkle skill was still up but it was worth it, felt like a significant improvement to my older teams, especially in fights vs only bosses and no extra mobs that often felt miserable if you didn't one round them.

I didn't like that much her mono qua team with SW for now, she was consistently starved of sp and didn't get to contribute much at all although I still need to increase her speed over sparkle's to make sure it plays nicer, so the judgement on that team is still out. Seele, sparkle, tingyun and FX on the other hand felt great even in fights with no qua weakness, they cleared 12 top very quickly and gave me enough time grind out that new boss I've never seen before with a suboptimal team.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

150 pulls to get the Goblin but at least I got E2 Bronya on the way. Now to scrimp for Aventurine (or Fu if the leaks are accurate).

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Leraika posted:

yeah it expires in 30 days and collecting it auto-opens the gift (I got credits :T)

yeah to be clear theres literally no way to actually keep it until next year.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Sitting in the hospital where both my parently currently are, tired/dizzy because I haven't eaten in two days, and get both Sparkle and her LC on their respective first 10-rolls.

Thank you RNG gods for this small blessing

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Endorph posted:

yeah to be clear theres literally no way to actually keep it until next year.

Yeah duh, there's no Feb 29th next year

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I got a trash defence item

Not funny or good, 2/10

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I feel like the dog that caught the car. Won the 50/50 with no real plan for building her. I was gonna dump all my energy into relic farming for Aventurine...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Ytlaya posted:

Sitting in the hospital where both my parently currently are, tired/dizzy because I haven't eaten in two days, and get both Sparkle and her LC on their respective first 10-rolls.

Thank you RNG gods for this small blessing

Hope your parents are OK. poo poo.

Dazerbeams posted:

I feel like the dog that caught the car. Won the 50/50 with no real plan for building her. I was gonna dump all my energy into relic farming for Aventurine...

And this is why we don't "build pity". I ain't pulling poo poo until I see the special program and get confirmation on the 1.1 banners.