Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Snow Serpent makes me want a Cobra Wolf. (Even though that came with an Ice Viper, the Snow Serpents look cooler.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Cobra Wolf is one of the most classic designs of all time.

I still believe the Ice Viper was originally meant to be a ninja, it had two sai's. It even looks like a Storm Shadow in a new look.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
We just need Mainframe, Alpine, and Blowtorch to round out the main cartoon characters.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
We know Alpine is coming, he got name dropped some time ago.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

The Last Call posted:

Cobra Wolf is one of the most classic designs of all time.

It's proper king poo poo, just a beautiful design. Give me a HISS for pootling about town, and a Wolf for pootling about in the winter. I never had one as a kid, only picked up a reissue a few years back and just adore it.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Sentinel Red posted:

It's proper king poo poo, just a beautiful design. Give me a HISS for pootling about town, and a Wolf for pootling about in the winter. I never had one as a kid, only picked up a reissue a few years back and just adore it.

I had the original. Being Canadian I'm pretty sure I was legally required to own one. My brother owned one. Felt like everyone I knew who bought the line owned one. It was a thing.

It goes to show even a crazy concept which it is, if designed right can really stand out and exceed beyond peoples wildest expectactions.

Orders up!

Gnawgahyde:
https://hasbropulse.com/collections...porkbelly-yobbo

H.I.S.S. Techno-Viper & H.M.S. :
https://hasbropulse.com/collections...-missile-system

Torch:
https://hasbropulse.com/collections/gi-joe-classified-series/products/g-i-joe-classified-series-123-dreadnok-torch

Doc:
https://hasbropulse.com/collections/gi-joe-classified-series/products/g-i-joe-classified-series-122-carl-doc-greer

Night-Creeper aka Your Ex:
https://hasbropulse.com/collections/gi-joe-classified-series/products/g-i-joe-classified-series-121-night-creeper

Street Fighter world champion Jinx:
https://hasbropulse.com/collections/gi-joe-classified-series/products/g-i-joe-classified-series-124-kim-jinx-arashikage

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Feb 29, 2024

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

Louisgod posted:

It’d be pretty rad if Hasbro released a Marvel vs. Capcom Legends line

There was the Marvel Gamerverse MVC infinite with Black Widow Vs Ryu and Iron Man Vs Megaman but I think that’s it… and also it’s MVC infinite :butt:

Then there are the Iron Man w Porto Cannon and War Machine that came out last year that are totally their MVC versions. War Machine even doing the victory pose on the box!

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

The creepers were in my cart on pulse, then "sold out," and the listing is gone from the page, lol.

Grabbed 'em from BBTS anyhow.

Want that SAW Viper and Dialtone!

Also a pair of cobra ferrets, hah.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Didn't expect that to be the one to sell out first, unless you count the TF Roadblock/Trip-Wire which lasted twenty minutes.

But Creeper is a troop builder and people order stupid crazy numbers of these figures. I keep seeing some mentioning buying ten or even twenty. There needs to be a limit.

Part of me is starting to think people buy up these troop builders to scalp now as that appears to be a thing that keeps happening.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I hear you. I like three for troopbuilders, but of course if I had space I'd grab more. No need to resell or scalp, just let me buy enough for tableau photos.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Der-Wreck posted:

There was the Marvel Gamerverse MVC infinite with Black Widow Vs Ryu and Iron Man Vs Megaman but I think that’s it… and also it’s MVC infinite :butt:

Then there are the Iron Man w Porto Cannon and War Machine that came out last year that are totally their MVC versions. War Machine even doing the victory pose on the box!

If they did a Sentinel figure from those games it'd sell like hotcakes.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Ordered Doc, Jinx, and Torch, skipped the rest. I do like the SMS but I don’t need it, and I don’t care about Gnawdude, his menagerie, or that dumb Creeper guy.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Sentinel Red posted:

or that dumb Creeper guy.

MODS! Ban this guy.

I bought 3 of them.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Night Creepers are back up on Hasbro Pulse.

I bought two, I'm not sure which head I prefer so I'll go for double!

I'm pretty sure that sounds wrong.

Got one of everything else.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Went with my girl Jinx, Torch and the missile launcher to maybe convince the universe to bring me a HISS I can buy reasonably.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Aphrodite posted:

The only Warhammer I know is Celestine because she's a good MTG card.

And also I assume it's not based on the Catholic saint, but St. Katherine is just funny because her shrine is a few minutes away from me.

Might be, the early GW writers were just do the dudes designing the game so they threw what they knew into the game. Like the character that served as the commander for the Chaos deck Abbadon, got his name because the creator hadn't thought of one and just said 'oh, he's 'a bad 'un'.

And the ancient races that brought space faring to the lesser races are lizardmen because the local pub they drank at had a gecko in an astronaut suit as it's mascot.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Joe Fisto posted:

Poxxus turned out so nice I don’t mind the wait, but do we know why they were delayed for so long? I want to naively think that after the long delay that means Necro won’t be too far off. It’ll be nice to have the 4z

I never heard why they were delayed. Seems a little late for Covid but guess China was still on lockdown then had their big outbreak during the time they were in pre-production stage. I know they were working from multiple factories now. Aphareus from Illythia delayed that wave and I'd guess the brutes delayed this one but no one shared the details with me.

They are hoping to have Necronominus fully shipped by November's LegionsCon. No idea about AS6 -- they had already started tooling so maybe that wave as well. Cosmic Outpost is next and is apparently going on the water pretty soon. I'm getting last year's retailer wave this next week in addition to the remainder of my Poxxus wave so lots of figures swimming around.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Playmates made new molds!? Wtf

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1763625337689096617?s=46

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I’d buy those if they’re cheap. If they try to pull some “collectible” pricing poo poo, absolutely not.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1763250996749258963

Pink/purple gloves OG Batman!

You only need to get him a holster and gun.

Am I the only one continually perplexed why Azbats keeps getting figures with red instead of the more conventional blue normal scheme?

Yes, I know why it's red. It's like a page or two of his armor heating up and he promptly discards it in his fight with Bruce for keeper keeps all.

It's just kinda, pointless? If you want Azbats you want him looking blue, not this here for a few panels red.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Like batman wonders of zsasz running out of space to cut marks onto his body tallying his victims, I wonder what will happen to Todd when he runs out of batmans to create toys of

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Like batman wonders of zsasz running out of space to cut marks onto his body tallying his victims, I wonder what will happen to Todd when he runs out of batmans to create toys of

Zsasz done like he used to be was perhaps one of the most realistic and frightening villians I saw in a comic.

A normal guy who killed people, families. He would pose their bodies as if they were doing every day things. Watching TV, eating, whatever. Reading a comic with him getting away with this while in he was locked up IN prison was pretty messed up, especially as it showed the bodies with the blood cuts. This was in the 90’s and DC when they normally didn’t do such things. It was a definite WTF am I reading moment in my youth. He didn't act insane, he wasn't over the top, and it made the whole thing far more chilling. Batman checked him to see if he had any more tally marks on his body. He didn't. Batman leaves and ol Zsasz sits back down lifting his foot to reveal several on the bottom of it as he marks another one.

There will never be Batman toys to run out of.

Never.

One day we shall all be Batman toys wrapped in plastic.

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Mar 1, 2024

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Well, I'm in the market for a new display case. My oldest wants her own bedroom, which means I have to clear out my office and move some stuff into my bedroom, including my figure cases. Unfortunately, my main case won't fully fit against one of my walls along with my two detolfs. I'd love any suggestions and for reference here's my current case:

I like this one but the front pane doesn't open, so I have to put all the figures in from the side, which sucks so much rear end. Looking for a case that's 6ft+ tall and 28" wide or less and can be opened from the front. Any and all recommendations are welcome, irrespective of price.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

The detolf replacement, the Blaliden is very good.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

The_Doctor posted:

The detolf replacement, the Blaliden is very good.

Is there one that's roughly 2 ft wide? My two detolfs are great and I like to have one large display for random figures.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Louisgod posted:

Is there one that's roughly 2 ft wide? My two detolfs are great and I like to have one large display for random figures.

I wanna say the milsbo?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The Last Call posted:

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1763250996749258963

Pink/purple gloves OG Batman!

You only need to get him a holster and gun.

Am I the only one continually perplexed why Azbats keeps getting figures with red instead of the more conventional blue normal scheme?

Yes, I know why it's red. It's like a page or two of his armor heating up and he promptly discards it in his fight with Bruce for keeper keeps all.

It's just kinda, pointless? If you want Azbats you want him looking blue, not this here for a few panels red.

Blue AzBats was a Walmart exclusive and he sold out. I never even saw him at retail.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Louisgod posted:

Well, I'm in the market for a new display case. My oldest wants her own bedroom, which means I have to clear out my office and move some stuff into my bedroom, including my figure cases. Unfortunately, my main case won't fully fit against one of my walls along with my two detolfs. I'd love any suggestions and for reference here's my current case:

I like this one but the front pane doesn't open, so I have to put all the figures in from the side, which sucks so much rear end. Looking for a case that's 6ft+ tall and 28" wide or less and can be opened from the front. Any and all recommendations are welcome, irrespective of price.

Someone on a sofubi forum showed off their combo Ikea Billy case with an Oxberg door set and then some LEDs he got from Costco that looked great.

Ah found it:

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Xenomrph posted:

Blue AzBats was a Walmart exclusive and he sold out. I never even saw him at retail.

I have opinions on this.

Namely of the ugh variety.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

The Last Call posted:

One day we shall all be Batman toys wrapped in plastic.

Enh, I've seen worse ways to go

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Xenomrph posted:

Word on the mean streets is that there will be a blue chase variant of that one. Probably will be easier to find than a walmart exclusive from years ago.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

The Walmart exclusive was his first armor with the more traditional cape, and they didn't bother to color his claws correctly. I would be down for a blue variant of this one though. It's so ridiculously edgy.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I’d buy those if they’re cheap. If they try to pull some “collectible” pricing poo poo, absolutely not.
A few days ago Preternia posted an image listing them at around $11-$12 MSRP each.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Joe Fisto posted:

Word on the mean streets is that there will be a blue chase variant of that one. Probably will be easier to find than a walmart exclusive from years ago.

Ugh, I kinda want that now. However I'd want it more if they did a black/red/gold Kenner homage color scheme variant. I always loved that figure (still have it, too).

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Who is this mysterious man?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Muperman, obviously

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
It's.............Man!

His super powers?

To wear skin tight form fitting clothing while being jacked at 60!

Also rocks a purple cloak as a secondary fashion power.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Joe Fisto posted:

Who is this mysterious man?

His proportions look so, so off. Huge bulky arms and short stubby legs. Huge rear end head and what looks like a long neck due to the scarf. His arms look like they’d dangle below his knees. Everything below his waist just seems.. off.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Louisgod posted:

His proportions look so, so off. Huge bulky arms and short stubby legs. Huge rear end head and what looks like a long neck due to the scarf. His arms look like they’d dangle below his knees. Everything below his waist just seems.. off.

It’s a little off with the angle i took the pic. I’m lousy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

What an awesome looking figure. I have it on preorder now, but I've never owned a Storm figure before. It says that it's 1:12 scale, but I thought Storm was in the 7" scale? I hope it really is closer to 6" than 7" so it'll fit in my collection easier. But even if not, it looks too good to pass up.

How's the quality and QC on Storm figures?