Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Don't worry, Rand Paul is still around to derail things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

TontoCorazon posted:

Oh yeah, shits shutting down tomorrow right?

https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1763280036306489640

Kicking the can down the road one more week

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog

Tai posted:

I would also throw in that Trump was a bit like Brexit. Lots of people just laughed that it would even happen so didn't take it seriously (vote).

I remember Trump calling himself Mr. Brexit in a speech, a day or two after the UK voted to leave

That's an old lol

lol

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Serious_Cyclone posted:

Passed House 320 to 99, about twice as many GOP voted for it as against it

e: actually the GOP vote was much closer, like 113 for and 97 against

oh thank god.

Gonna go to Japan and watch Shodai put zero effort into his sumo and eat some sushi and ride some very fast trains.

and eat at MEATLAND

Log082 fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Feb 29, 2024

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Watching Shodai ride a train can't be worth a whole trip

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Squiggle posted:

Watching Shodai ride a train can't be worth a whole trip

SHODAI.

I think my one friend also wants to go to the capybara cafe and maybe some famous landmarks or whatever? I wasn't paying attention at that point, I was too focused on SHODAI.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
The capybaras aren't at MEATLAND, right? :ohdear:

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

to be honest I can't read the menu but we did make reservations for the largest/highest quality course so maybe? I'll report back.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Log082 posted:

oh thank god.

Gonna go to Japan and watch Shodai put zero effort into his sumo and eat some sushi and ride some very fast trains.

and eat at MEATLAND

SHODAI IS WEAK. CAN'T DO poo poo. OVER THE HILL. ONE HIT WONDER.

(did you buy the ticket from the guy who buys it for all the foreigners?)

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
How does one sign up for a charged lenonade enema? Asking for a friend...

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Isn’t the sovereign citizen amish dude in trouble because the FDA came to him and said “your poo poo is making people sick, have some quality standards” and he said “ok” and then continued to scoop goose poo poo into his raw milk?

I don’t see how he deserves leniency

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Strong Sauce posted:

SHODAI IS WEAK. CAN'T DO poo poo. OVER THE HILL. ONE HIT WONDER.

(did you buy the ticket from the guy who buys it for all the foreigners?)

Yeah, we went through the service that handles that. Only one of us actually speaks more than tourist phrasebook level Japanese, so we pretty much had to. It's going to be an interesting trip. I'll spam pictures in the sumo thread.

And don't talk poo poo about my boy shodai. or do, I guess. He's probably busy reading manga or something instead of warming up so you're probably fine.

edit: The only japanese speaker is also one of the fed essential employees, and if the shutdown had proceeded as planned he would have had to fly back pretty much immediately after arriving. loving republicans.

Log082 fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Feb 29, 2024

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

rotinaj posted:

Isn’t the sovereign citizen amish dude in trouble because the FDA came to him and said “your poo poo is making people sick, have some quality standards” and he said “ok” and then continued to scoop goose poo poo into his raw milk?

Because literally everything is culture war now. Even the most obvious and simple things must be viewed through the lens of us vs them outrage. It's so exhausting.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Log082 posted:

oh thank god.

and eat at MEATLAND

Have a good trip!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Someone link the Amish Raw Milk dude. I can't find the story.

Accubitus
Nov 7, 2020

rotinaj posted:

if someone said he does I missed it. I think he should be jailed, at least one death has been tied to him

e: oh, if you're referring to the protestors it's because they're all dumb and think the government shouldn't regulate anything ever

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hollismason posted:

It's easy, just google Illegal Amish Raw Cream and you'll find it for sure.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Hollismason posted:

https://www.foodsafetynews.com/?p=236899

quote:

Amos Miller’s state court date about raw milk issues is tomorrow

By Dan Flynn on February 28, 2024
Amos Miller makes his first state court appearance tomorrow since the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture searched his farm under a court-issued warrant.

Miller, who claimed so-called “Sovereign Citizen” status as a defense in federal court, must appear at 1:30 p.m. on Feb. 29 before Judge Thomas B. Sponaugle in Pennsylvania’s Lancaster County Court of Common Pleas in Pennsylvania.

The civil action, brought by Attorney General Michelle Henry, is for Miller to sell raw and raw milk products outside the State of Pennsylvania, all without acquiring the necessary licenses and permits.

Miller’s long run in federal court, dating back to 2016, resulted in him and his attorney signing a lengthy Consent Decree, promising to complete food safety regulations governed by the USDA’s Food Safety and Inspection Service.

Miller’s supporters depicted the Jan. 4 search of Miller’s Organic Farm as a “raid.” It brought Miller even more celebrity than his long tiff with USDA. Since Jan. 4, he has raised about $245,000 in web-based fundraising.

Several national Republicans have also depicted Miller as a victim of government overreach. However, it should be noted that the federal action occurred under both the Trump and Biden administrations.

Before tomorrow’s state court appearance, Miller was ordered to refrain from selling unpasteurized, raw milk or raw milk products. Pennsylvania agricultural officials say they are just trying to persuade Miller to follow the state food safety regulations that the state’s other farmers do so willingly. Miller says on his farm’s website, “It breaks our hearts that the state of Pennsylvania is forcing us to turn so many of you away when you beg us for the food you depend on for your health.”

Miller says the injunction “will cost hundreds of thousands of dollars with multiple attorneys and legal researchers.”

Tomorrow’s hearing will tell whether the current temporary injunction will be made permanent, which Miller’s attorney claims is the state’s goal. Whether food seized from Miller on Jan. 4 was linked to human illnesses in Michigan and New York State should also be made clear.

Illness investigations in those states triggered the search warrant on Miller’s farm.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Outpost22 posted:

How does one sign up for a charged lenonade enema? Asking for a friend...

Gotta be friends with Newsome or Jr Trump

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

No other country in the world goes through this bullshit all the time, what is wrong with you guys?

(Not to mention all the other relentless bullshit)

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

She’s got no nothing.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Dapper_Swindler posted:

ehh bad probe. they are right, we got her from the local pet store thats always been sorta "skeevy" at best but i have had great luck with mammals with them. like my cat and rabbit that lasted like 15 years each. but yeah, i see amish in painter vans bringing them cats.

Not a Trump lol and completely speculative imo. I dunno. It's only a 6er.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

this is pure strain truth post

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Stoatbringer posted:

No other country in the world goes through this bullshit all the time, what is wrong with you guys?

Our constitution is nearly 250 years old. We need a new one. That's the answer to almost any question about why things are so bad here. And you still have people kramering around to explain how we don't actually need a new constitution. Lol.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

MrMojok posted:

She’s got no nothing.

"nothing"

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Stoatbringer posted:

They're domestic terrorists

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

oh good i thought he was done with the weird sinophobia but here we are.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Strong Sauce posted:

oh good i thought he was done with the weird sinophobia but here we are.

he's going to pivot to the center any day now

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Waltzing Along posted:

Our constitution is nearly 250 years old. We need a new one. That's the answer to almost any question about why things are so bad here. And you still have people kramering around to explain how we don't actually need a new constitution. Lol.

Under no circumstances do I want the congressional makeup of tyool 2024 to have anything whatsoever to do with writing a constitution for the United States

Can you even imagine how bad it would be to have Mike johnson and Matt Gaetz giving input on the new constitution

We might need a new one but I am terrified about what would happen if we tried

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Stoatbringer posted:

Lol, lmao

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Waltzing Along posted:

I mean England is so old they still have a King and they seem to be heading off the fash at least a bit better than we are

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Looks like catturd

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

loving Yosemites Sam over here.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Jelly posted:

Looks like catturd

nine-gear crow posted:

loving Yosemites Sam over here.

"I'd rather fart on a napkin and stick it in my mouth than deal with that derned rbrbrabbit!"

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Waltzing Along posted:

We don't need a new constitution because anyone who would be in charge of re-writing it at this point would make things much much worse

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Stoatbringer posted:

It's filled with people like me but mean and racist.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

FuturePastNow posted:

We don't need a new constitution because anyone who would be in charge of re-writing it at this point would make things much much worse

We'll have GPT write it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

Vampire Panties posted:

Those aren't national though

its a p. obvious cut-out for Panera and others of its ilk

Also re: doomerism and the 2016 election -

Russian troll farms were a deluge of bullshit in social media, and Putin's money was everywhere. There was still some effect in 2020, but in 2024 (except for the :lol::lmao: Russian hack of the Fani Willis case) neither of these things is true.

Plus a lot of the people blasting PMURT stuff are literally dead from COVID

Literally the same week Ukraine made those huge advances around Karkiv, all the Facebook trolls stopped. Remember all the accounts with names like "Lone Star Cattleman" posting memes that were disparaging renewable energy and Millennials? The Russian bots, presumably operating out of eastern Ukraine, were just assholes on a psy-op mission to turn the rest of the world into miserable assholes.