Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Also bad things happen if you toss batteries into jet engines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Dr. Killjoy posted:

so what's the big bogeyman for Japanese right wingers?

non-Japanese people, same as it ever was

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
wealth beyond measure, gaijin

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

wealth beyond measure, gaijin

Wealth beyond measure is man’s greatest treasure

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
have japanese companies tried DEI?

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Imagine how delighted elon would be to learn that japanese people eat kfc on christmas

big smile on him

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

its worse in japan because they are even more xenophobic than the united states and immigration is almost non-existent

I hear it's even worse in South Korea in that very few young women in South Korea are interested in starting a family (with a South Korean man, anyway, apparently due to really sexist attitudes towards women).

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

dr_rat posted:

That bladerunner one's great. Just an all time classic.

Surprised he hasn't mentioned the Stallone Dredd movie. Movie just seems too good mix of his pop sci-fi/fash politics for him not to bring up.

the only thing I remember from that movie is LAWWWWWW

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Panfilo posted:

I hear it's even worse in South Korea in that very few young women in South Korea are interested in starting a family (with a South Korean man, anyway, apparently due to really sexist attitudes towards women).

the Woke Mind Virus is out of control

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Spergin Morlock posted:

the only thing I remember from that movie is LAWWWWWW

it had a big cool robot. and rob schneider

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Panfilo posted:

To any south Korean ladies out there looking to start a family.... keep moving

I am not interested in "doing cum" or whatever it requires to make a baby

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

in this test we're going to be showing you a series of images and we'd like you to react by saying either "based" or "cringe", whichever pops into your head first. Ok? let's start with an example:

Is this image Based or Cringe?

Elon musk has a wide rear end

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Panfilo posted:

Wasn't there a SK man who sued his wife cause she got a bunch of plastic surgery and all their kids were hideous? This seems like a racist thing and it probably was. Can't find the article.

OK no:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/man-sues-wife-ugly-children/

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
It’s funny watching the rich try desperately to convince poors that have lived through the highs of traffic-free covid and the lows of visiting a jam packed national park that the world needs more people.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Ners always want statistics for why people ain’t popping out babies. I just think the people who aren’t have hit the painful breakup with someone you love > string of demoralizing rebound relationships > get slightly older and become invisible to the world, dating trifecta.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Short answer: batteries. Jet engines require a lot of power because of the heat needed to create thrust on top of needing air crafts being light enough to achieve lift. Jet fuel weighs relatively little compared to the potential energy it came create via combustion. Batteries are actually massively inefficient forms of energy storage. To have enough electricity to match what jet fuel can do for a typical plan, the size and weight of the battery required wouldn’t allow a plane to fly. There has been plenty of electric jet engines revealed in the past decade. We get one or two articles a year announcing them. The issue has always been powering them in a way that would allow something to be able to fly. So unless they’ve invented a brand new battery or found a way to ignore thermodynamics, it’s gonna be another engine without a viable power source like all the others that have come before it. It’s why those who care about the environment and climate change advocate for light rail investment and infrastructure over planes; planes are horrible greenhouse gas emitters but there really isn’t anyway to make them better because of the nature of thrust and flight

Lol nerd

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Eight-Six posted:

we love capitalists in the elon musk thread

you have said the actual truth

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
boy there sure are a lot of ads for Israel on X (formerly twitter) these days, I wonder why

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://x.com/ruthhernanaaq/status/1763185463743967468

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

Twitter needed a lot more of this, this is progress

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

I was not expecting the gummy bears

my pal elon would be delighted by this

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

dr_rat posted:

That bladerunner one's great. Just an all time classic.

It's my favorite because we know what the cars look like in bladerunner.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
you mean the cars that the main character, Blade Runner would drive

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Blade Runner Musk

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Vincemcmahoninterested.jpg

thetan_guy42
Oct 15, 2016

murdera

Lipstick Apathy

Spergin Morlock posted:

Elon musk has a wide rear end

It's a great rear end

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
they should sell a gummy that will make her love you again

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2024/02/tesla-must-face-racism-class-action-from-6000-black-workers-judge-rules/

quote:

Tesla must face a class-action lawsuit from nearly 6,000 Black people who allege that they faced discrimination and harassment while working at the company's Fremont factory, a California judge ruled.

A complaint in 2017 alleged that Tesla "created an intimidating, hostile, and offensive work environment for Black and/or African-American employees that includes a routine use of the terms 'N****r' and 'N***a' and other racially derogatory terms, and racist treatment and images at Tesla’s production facility in Fremont"

plaintiffs submitted "declarations from 240 persons who stated that they observed discrimination or harassment at the Tesla Fremont facility and that some complained about it," Wise wrote. "Of the 240 plaintiff declarations, all stated that they heard the n-word at the Tesla Fremont facility, 112 state that they complained to a supervisor, manager or HR

Tesla submitted declarations from 228 people "who generally stated that they did not observe discrimination or harassment at the Tesla Fremont facility or that if they observed it then Tesla took 'immediate and appropriate corrective action,'"

Tesla also said it "created a centralized internal tracking system to document complaints and investigations" in 2017 and will rely on this database "to demonstrate that Tesla was aware of complaints about race discrimination and harassment and how it responded to the complaints."
tracking how they didn't do a racism but not tracking parts or punctured batteries ftw

meowmeowmeowmeow
Jan 4, 2017

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Short answer: batteries. Jet engines require a lot of power because of the heat needed to create thrust on top of needing air crafts being light enough to achieve lift. Jet fuel weighs relatively little compared to the potential energy it came create via combustion. Batteries are actually massively inefficient forms of energy storage. To have enough electricity to match what jet fuel can do for a typical plan, the size and weight of the battery required wouldn’t allow a plane to fly. There has been plenty of electric jet engines revealed in the past decade. We get one or two articles a year announcing them. The issue has always been powering them in a way that would allow something to be able to fly. So unless they’ve invented a brand new battery or found a way to ignore thermodynamics, it’s gonna be another engine without a viable power source like all the others that have come before it. It’s why those who care about the environment and climate change advocate for light rail investment and infrastructure over planes; planes are horrible greenhouse gas emitters but there really isn’t anyway to make them better because of the nature of thrust and flight

This is all true but it's not a purely electric jet engine, it's using an electric engine to spin the compressor and running a generator via the exhaust turbine so that they don't have a coupled speed. This way they can be more efficient across a range of speeds instead of at a specific one, though due to losses from conversion (which they say are very low due to supercooled conductors) they still need some batteries.

Not saying its going to work, but the idea isn't just hurrrr electric jet engine hurrr

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
if you're not doing combustion why have a turbine at all

it's like having an electric motor with pistons and a valvetrain

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

the milk machine posted:

if you're not doing combustion why have a turbine at all

it's like having an electric motor with pistons

a battery powered prop plane would not be an electric jet

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
Electric Jet with Supercooled Conductors Musk

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
ads for israel and male enhancement... X is back baby

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Twitter ads looking like the poo poo on ABC at 2am when I was younger, just missing Education Connection and Lincoln Tech

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

titty_baby_ posted:

What have you done to help the dogs?

my next door neighbor died in the summer, which really sucks because he was cool and we were friends. he had a little 10 year old chihuahua named Sheldon who is now part of our family.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1763433242047189232?t=L4Rl2VgCxlpy5EcKzSe51A&s=19

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

i am harry posted:

my next door neighbor died in the summer, which really sucks because he was cool and we were friends. he had a little 10 year old chihuahua named Sheldon who is now part of our family.

That sucks (the death part) but im glad you're taking care of the dog and hope it's meshing well

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

I'm sure that's fine and won't be biased at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Thank you grok