Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

omg your new av lol

edit drat snipe!

AEW could do with featuring more sick matches from Singles star Jay White.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

3 meats does not a madness make

3 meats is meats liker

5 meats is meats lover

8+ meats is meat madness

medchem
Oct 11, 2012

Hangman faked an injury to get Swerve to come out and eventually turn around so Hangman can hit him with a crutch.

Flair faked turning on Sting so he can poke the Young Bucks in the eye.

Sting let Darby and Flair get assaulted before coming down from the rafters to rescue them.

The Bang Bang Scissor Gang united because the Undisputed Kingdom and Samoa Joe attacked them but then they never bothered to get revenge.

Wardlow is supposedly beating Samoa Joe to become champion and give Cole the belt

My head hurts.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

medchem posted:

Sting let Darby and Flair get assaulted before coming down from the rafters to rescue them.

That's classic Sting.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Lol the "throw a bunch of people in a big sloppy match with no build" is the classic AEW PPV bout

Why would anyone call it an All Star Scramble match. That's absolutely stupid sounding and means nothing. Just have an 8 man match if you want one. It's coming across really desperate that Tony gives everything a weird fancy name to make it seem special when it's completely not

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

fawning deference posted:

Lol the "throw a bunch of people in a big sloppy match with no build" is the classic AEW PPV bout

Why would anyone call it an All Star Scramble match. That's absolutely stupid sounding and means nothing. Just have an 8 man match if you want one. It's coming across really desperate that Tony gives everything a weird fancy name to make it seem special when it's completely not

Scramble matches are what they're called on the indies.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Winner gets a world title shot, that's pretty special.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
That last segment was such a mess. While it was a bit surreal watching Sting come down from the rafters one last time, it felt like there must have been some delay in Sting coming down where they needed to stall because why the hell would they let Darby get beat with a baseball bat so badly for so long, but then do all his spots like nothing happened.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Astro7x posted:

That last segment was such a mess. While it was a bit surreal watching Sting come down from the rafters one last time, it felt like there must have been some delay in Sting coming down where they needed to stall because why the hell would they let Darby get beat with a baseball bat so badly for so long, but then do all his spots like nothing happened.

sting wanted to show darby what life will be like without him

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Astro7x posted:

That is literally what Sting did all the time.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

medchem posted:

The Bang Bang Scissor Gang united because the Undisputed Kingdom and Samoa Joe attacked them but then they never bothered to get revenge.

This one makes me laugh the most because not only does it continue wasting the Bang Bang Gang, but the Undisputed Kingdom are such a pathetic group that no one even really cares about getting revenge on them. The Bang Bang Scissor Gang formed and then went "eh, not worth it"

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

It's coming across really desperate that Tony gives everything a weird fancy name to make it seem special when it's completely not

lmfao god

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It's almost like this guy is trying to promote a wrestling match, he's trying to promote a wrestling match for his wrestling show, like some kind of.....wrestling promoter!

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Yeah, you'll need at least 4 naans for true madness.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

MJeff posted:

It's almost like this guy is trying to promote a wrestling match, he's trying to promote a wrestling match for his wrestling show, like some kind of.....wrestling promoter!

Unlike those marks who get worked by special fancy names I ONLY appreciate when matches are called by their technical names based on how many competitors are in it. So no, I am NOT looking forward to the "8-Man Match" nor will I EVER respect the "10-Man Tag Team Elimination Cage Match" and I will be dead in the ground before I even ACKNOWLEDGE the "2-vs-2 Match" as a legitimate stipulation

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
All-Star Scramble sounds like a Denny’s menu item

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

edogawa rando posted:

Yeah, you'll need at least 4 naans for true madness.

FOUR?!!

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

illcendiary posted:

The All Star Scramble takes place at AEW All-American Slam

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

The All Star Scramble takes place at AEW All-American Slam

Live from Moons Over My Hammy

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

finally a return to old school smash mouth wrestling

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I think people are mocking the idea that the multi-man nothing match at the ppv had to be changed from MEAT MANIA to SUPERSTAR SCAMBLE because of no dumb reasons in Tony's head.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

illcendiary posted:

Make sure you slather your Piledriven Pancakes with our brand new Strawberry Slam Jam!

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

1glitch0 posted:

I missed Collision on Saturday so I don't know if they mentioned Hangman's injury. But watching strictly as one of the hundreds of thousands of people who only watch Dynamite, this Hangman thing...

So last week ends with Hangman getting an injury that is never referenced on the show and could easily have gone entirely unnoticed.

This week he comes out on crutches, claiming he's going to miss the ppv. Then in the very same segment reveals it was all a ruse and he's fine! He was just faking the injury that I didn't even know he pretended to have until 2 minutes ago! That was some late WCW rear end stuff right there. Not that I even minded it, but it was so pointless.

Being too subtle for WWE fans to get is the exact opposite of late WCW

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

1glitch0 posted:

I think people are mocking the idea that the multi-man nothing match at the ppv had to be changed from MEAT MANIA to SUPERSTAR SCAMBLE because of no dumb reasons in Tony's head.

Yeah, which is in turn being mocked itself because it's stupid.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
TK respects the fandom's new appreciation of all meat matches and now you got people wanting to poo poo on him for it??

I'm about to go AEW Hell 2 up in here

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Three's not enough man, I need five

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Tony just said he wanted to add Miro and Keith Lee but both are sidelined.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Pylons posted:

Tony just said he wanted to add Miro and Keith Lee but both are sidelined.

Yeah they’re hurt real bad, bad enough they can’t even lay their shoulders down 😔

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Gumball Gumption posted:

Being too subtle for WWE fans to get is the exact opposite of late WCW

I wouldn't call it subtle. The entire story beat was:

1. I am injured. I'm out of the main event of the ppv.
::mere moments pass:
2. Haha, I tricked you! I was never injured! I'm totally in the main event of the ppv!

I mean, okay.

medchem posted:

Hangman faked an injury to get Swerve to come out and eventually turn around so Hangman can hit him with a crutch.

Flair faked turning on Sting so he can poke the Young Bucks in the eye.

Wardlow is supposedly beating Samoa Joe to become champion and give Cole the belt

My head hurts.

It's called "I forgot to book a storyline"-itis.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

tony needs to give up on the idea of booking keith lee for anything other than rampage.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

1glitch0 posted:

It's called "I forgot to book a storyline"-itis.

The storyline is that Wardlow thinks, being handsome and jacked, he is the ideal world champion.

The match would include lots of handsome and jacked wrestlers. The winner would likely have gotten a world title match. Mr. Wardlow would have had to prove that he's the handsomest and most jacked of all.

The fans have also been clamoring for more powerhouse matches ever since Miro vs. Hobbs. This would have had Miro and Hobbs rekindle the rivalry.

It's a match both showing Wardlow that he (the heel) isn't as special as he thinks he is, but also with Wardlow winning he would have proven his grievances legitimate and have had more to whine about since management tried to stop him and failed. Or something.

Also Meat Madness is a funny name and you can do so much with a match with a funny name

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Also Meat Madness is a funny name and you can do so much with a match with a funny name

War Games

Hell in a Cell

Ladder Wars

Erin's right folks

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

post hole digger posted:

tony needs to give up on the idea of booking keith lee for anything other than rampage.

he should “book” him a bus ticket to the performance centre!!!

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

✅The Study

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

WWE fans attempting media literacy 🤣🤣🤣

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I hate how they have months to build some of the PPVs and they still have matches thrown together the week of the show.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
was never a big keith lee fan but starting to enjoy him since we share a similar work ethic. I support him in his efforts to never appear on television

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Keith was good on the indies and in NXT. Covid and becoming The Bearcat drained him of The Juice.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Astro7x posted:

I hate how they have months to build some of the PPVs and they still have matches thrown together the week of the show.
Do you actually hate this or is it a slight annoyance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

if you have a particularly clear distinction between hatred and minor annoyance what are you even doing in this thread