Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

The Empire came back

because no one's ever really gone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

Star Wars Episode X: Another Reboot

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Star Wars Episode X: A Newer Hope

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Star Wars X, formerly known as Twitter

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

kalel posted:

seek out an alamo draft house

this is the correct solution, I got dragged to oppenheimer at a non-drafthouse and that was my only non-pristine (non-arthouse/repertory) moviegoing experience in years

i'm a cop in exactly one way and that way is about how constructing a society where narcing on disruptive audience members is actually good

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
They should let you stand and pace in theatres. If you just sit there in the dark you'll obviously immediately fall asleep and it's a waste of money because you can sleep better at home.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

going to the theater now so I can say I was first in line for star wars 10: you'll never loving learn

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

hate to tell you this, but if you haven't experienced it, you're the rear end in a top hat in the theater

Nah I'm a paragon of society.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
i haven't had a bad theatre experience in a long time but i also haven't been to one since the pandemic started

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I went and saw dune reshowing a couple of weeks ago and there were loads of teenage boys. I thought it was gonna be annoying but they were all dead silent. I guess the people going to gawk at chalamet aren't gonna be the shouty types?

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

After decades of not going to the cinema I saw minus one in IMAX.
I recommend you do the same, but I won't be going back to the cinema for a few more decades.
Shame I miss dunc2

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Non Compos Mentis posted:

there is uncle on nephew kissing so yeah

more like Gayd-Rautha Harkonnen, amirite

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Still banking on the "Rey, you’re MY father!" twist

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
No one at all bought a ticket but twitter engagement is off the charts!

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

PostNouveau posted:

All you people who play Framed every day, Vulture's got a new one that's fun:

Vulture Cinematrix No. 3: Feb 28, 2024

I got 9/9 Correct
Score: 2505

🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩

Play at:
https://vulture.com/vulturecinematrix

Oh man, Joe Reid is making these! He does the podcast This Had Oscar Buzz, which is kinda like a BotW but for Oscar bait. He is also notorious for coming up with the most insane movie trivia games. This should be really good (and I imagine this was probably the easiest one they'll make).

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Arc Hammer posted:

Space 'Nam is Felucia, not Utapau.

Ahh I hosed that up

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

hemale in pain posted:

I went and saw dune reshowing a couple of weeks ago and there were loads of teenage boys. I thought it was gonna be annoying but they were all dead silent. I guess the people going to gawk at chalamet aren't gonna be the shouty types?

Jerking off in respectful silence

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

it's called gooning

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Watched Barton Fink and Knives Out both for the first time yesterday, both ruled. I'm glad at least one person on the planet hates all the same people in the exact same way that I do, cheers Rian. Barton Fink was extremely close to home at the mo which was kinda fun too.

It's weird how watching good movies is better than watching garbage product.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

mystes posted:

Star Wars Episode X: Another Reboot

“A New Beginning” could have been a real title they were playing around with at some point. I feel like Disney is going to be coy with the Rey movie and try to position it as a reboot/new attempt at a post-RotJ storyline without really saying it, but they’re ready to jettison that idea the second the movie doesn’t make enough money.

It’s a hell of choice to pin your hopes on a character that even the most ardent ST fans are at best indifferent towards. But I guess they have no other options for some sort of bridge to a new storyline, since the ST basically was an anti-trilogy and setup virtually nothing.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

force ghost Palpy warning Rey of the vuuzan yong

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Perfect set up for SW XI: Palpatine Lives
SW XII: The New Blood
SW XIII: Palpatine Takes Manhattan
Palpatine Goes to Hell: The Final Star War

e: Ha. The original screen writer for Friday the 13th went on to write for All My Children, Another World, and One Life to Live

Automatic Slim fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Feb 29, 2024

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

colonelwest posted:

“A New Beginning” could have been a real title they were playing around with at some point. I feel like Disney is going to be coy with the Rey movie and try to position it as a reboot/new attempt at a post-RotJ storyline without really saying it, but they’re ready to jettison that idea the second the movie doesn’t make enough money.

It’s a hell of choice to pin your hopes on a character that even the most ardent ST fans are at best indifferent towards. But I guess they have no other options for some sort of bridge to a new storyline, since the ST basically was an anti-trilogy and setup virtually nothing.

The biggest problem is that they can't call it "Episode X - <insert real title here>" and then memory-hole it. They kinda floated the idea of not calling any future Star Wars movies "Episodes" when they started referring to 1-9 as "The Skywalker Saga" and saying that it had come to a conclusion.

I strongly suspect there is a poo poo-load of behind the scenes drama happening now at Lucasfilm as they try to decide what to do here. There are probably teams pushing in both directions. (For example, I'm sure Ridley's people are trying to get a guarantee that the movies will be labeled as "Episodes".)

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Automatic Slim posted:

Perfect set up for SW XI: Palpatine Lives
SW XII: The New Blood
SW XIII: Palpatine Takes Manhattan
Palpatine Goes to Hell: The Final Star War

e: Ha. The original screen writer for Friday the 13th went on to write for All My Children, Another World, and One Life to Live

the emperor's new groove was right there brother

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

RealityWarCriminal posted:

force ghost Palpy warning Rey of the vuuzan yong

a race of masochistic aliens who want to destroy all technology would be too relatable to audiences to be convincing villains by this point

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

LanceHunter posted:

The biggest problem is that they can't call it "Episode X - <insert real title here>" and then memory-hole it. They kinda floated the idea of not calling any future Star Wars movies "Episodes" when they started referring to 1-9 as "The Skywalker Saga" and saying that it had come to a conclusion.

I strongly suspect there is a poo poo-load of behind the scenes drama happening now at Lucasfilm as they try to decide what to do here. There are probably teams pushing in both directions. (For example, I'm sure Ridley's people are trying to get a guarantee that the movies will be labeled as "Episodes".)

I dunno, they could if they tell a complete story in it. They're definitely getting to the point where it's like "What makes a main story vs a side story". Does every "Episode" movie have to be about Skywalkers from here on out?

Argyle Gargoyle
Apr 1, 2009

ABSTRACT SHAPES CREW

Kingo Ligma posted:

Watched Barton Fink

Yes! Every single actor brought their A game but Goodman in his role was perfection. Both Barton and the audience are thrown incredible curveballs, what a genius movie.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Kingo Ligma posted:

Watched Barton Fink and Knives Out both for the first time yesterday, both ruled. I'm glad at least one person on the planet hates all the same people in the exact same way that I do, cheers Rian. Barton Fink was extremely close to home at the mo which was kinda fun too.

It's weird how watching good movies is better than watching garbage product.

I would say knives out is probably the film by rian johnson I disliked the least. it's still too cute for me though. the stink of the writer loving himself is all over the script. great double bill because barton fink explicitly shits on writers that love themselves too much lol

I love barton fink because, of their ouerve, it's overtly the most ideologically dark. they always tend to straddle the nihilism-pessimism line in their films but this one exudes artistic hopelessness to an almost didactic degree. "your pursuit of true art is meaningless, redundant, and absurd all at once." that's my interpretation anyway

Argyle Gargoyle
Apr 1, 2009

ABSTRACT SHAPES CREW

kalel posted:

"your pursuit of true art is meaningless, redundant, and absurd all at once." that's my interpretation anyway

Sometimes all it takes is a supernatural entity to show you the life of the mind :shrug:

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

star wars episode ix: babu strikes back

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

lmao, I'm at the theater for Dune 2 and the guy in front of me in the concession line actually bought the sandworm fleshlight popcorn tub

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Rageaholic posted:

lmao, I'm at the theater for Dune 2 and the guy in front of me in the concession line actually bought the sandworm fleshlight popcorn tub

the real question is why the heck don't you have one!!

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

hemale in pain posted:

the real question is why the heck don't you have one!!

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

If you penetrate his first you claim rightful ownership

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Rageaholic posted:

Why the “actually”?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Buying concessions is hosed up in general.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

smh at turning down the fuckable popcorn bucket

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Groovelord Neato posted:

Indeed, you can just get one of those purses with the bladder in it and hidden spout, and then you don't need the overpriced booze at the concession stand at all.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

imagine watching a movie while munching on hot, buttery popcorn and watching it down with an ice cold fountain drink. Incredibly hosed up behavior. I cannot countenance such a thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
For real tho popcorn and soda are garbage together.