Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Zero VGS posted:

You know, I tried to age it in my fridge but no matter how hard I cranked the lid down, it made everything else in the fridge permanently smell kimchi including the butter.

Can I transfer it to a mason jar or would that be like dangerous pressure levels?

Get some brewing air locks and lids. I use them to make kraut and sour pickles. If you want to ferment it further, leave it in a room temp cabinet or something without light for a couple days. Just make sure the brine is fully covering everything, or mold will kick in. If it's not covered just pour a bit of salt water on top. Making things like kraut and kimchi is super easy. Kraut is literally just shredded cabbage and salt. Kimchi is obviously more involved.

Edit: kraut snipe, was going to post pics of my last batch, but imgur is making GBS threads the bed.

Roundup Ready fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Feb 27, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Fatrick
Jul 19, 2003

*Jumping Peppers!* *Enjoy the Sauce!*

Is that where you hide the corpses of your culinary abortions?

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

I bought polish dogs and made it at home. It will always remain superior to the regular hot dog and is a shame they took it away from the food court. Of course I added chopped onions for the authentic experience.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Fatrick posted:

Is that where you hide the corpses of your culinary abortions?

He hides nothing, he puts them on full display here. We are all guilty.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Good deal

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

Put the dogs / polish sausage in a bag with water, some red wine vinegar, salt, garlic powder, and cumin and sous vide them. Remake the Costco food court at home (onion cranking up to you)

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider
My wife was the hot dog commando today. Slipped past enemy lines while I went through checkout. Met up with her during exfiltrate. We came out with two high value hotdogs. Mission accomplished.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Wife had eye checkup at the optometrist. I stared at the letter chart from behind and could see all the letters super clear. Still 20/20 vision, get owned nerds.

I got a slice of cheese on the way out and one of the cookies. They're not THAT big, people. Come on.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Toxic Mental posted:

Wife had eye checkup at the optometrist. I stared at the letter chart from behind and could see all the letters super clear. Still 20/20 vision, get owned nerds.

I got a slice of cheese on the way out and one of the cookies. They're not THAT big, people. Come on.

Well you won’t be 20/20 when that diabetes kicks in

hark
May 10, 2023

I'm sleep

Toxic Mental posted:

How'd your blind rear end wife do though?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Toxic Mental posted:

these signs aren't the eye chart, you know

also probably 4 years ago someone was wondering where the giant apple sauce tubs went. whoever you were, costco has them again.

Incremus
Aug 7, 2003

Oh no, I'm so sorry, it's the Moops.

A slice of Costco cheese pizza from several miles away and out of the oven for easily over 90 minutes: still pretty drat good

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7MZqCsQJKw

edison nj mentioned.tiff

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

had the cookie, it was okay. won't get it again

the turkey sandwich looks like butt though

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

hark posted:

How'd your blind rear end wife do though?

Same prescription as before , -4 and -2.75 which all told isn't THAT bad

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe
I can't stop eating these

especially when you get to the bottom of the package, and the last few almonds are just buried in a pile of the extra seasoning.... please help, I'm more than halfway through my second bag in like, two weeks...

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

How strong is the garlic flavor in those?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Made two costco pork shoulders worth of char siu, I like being able to freeze it and then thaw a chunk to go with other chinese dishes.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

How strong is the garlic flavor in those?

you can definitely taste it, along with some fruitiness from the olive oil, but the herbs are the strongest flavor to me. you will definitely smell bad if you hog out on a bunch of them in one sitting, but let's be honest you were going to smell bad anyway (you're a goon)

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

Incremus posted:

A slice of Costco cheese pizza from several miles away and out of the oven for easily over 90 minutes: still pretty drat good

I've had long days of driving through nowhere places, and bought a costco pizza as early as I could to just have on the passenger seat the whole time.

It works, it's cheap, and you don't have to poop because you ate a kilo of cheese

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Induced constipation: it’s great for road trips!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

bird with big dick posted:

Made two costco pork shoulders worth of char siu, I like being able to freeze it and then thaw a chunk to go with other chinese dishes.

......that actually looks fuxking fantastic

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

who the gently caress are you and what have you done with the real bwbd!!

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

ixo posted:

especially when you get to the bottom of the package, and the last few almonds are just buried in a pile of the extra seasoning.... please help, I'm more than halfway through my second bag in like, two weeks...

Big same. The garlic is that granulated garlic specific flavor and very strong

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Idiot Seth

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

ixo posted:

Soul Dentist posted:

Big same. The garlic is that granulated garlic specific flavor and very strong

Yeah me and a coworker had to stop buying these because we would demolish them with haste.

Those actually look bomb

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

:lol: Probed for possibly account sharing with a good cook!

it looks great bwbd!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I guess I'm looking for some almonds tomorrow

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Owned for stepping out of character

Looks great dude

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

drat that looks good

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

This looking really good only makes your other posts that much more heinous.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

ixo posted:

What are the herbs in that? Is that rosemary?

Target used to have rosemary olive oil almonds around Christmas and I would buy a jar and finish the entire thing myself. They were ridiculously good.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Quiet Feet posted:

What are the herbs in that? Is that rosemary?

Target used to have rosemary olive oil almonds around Christmas and I would buy a jar and finish the entire thing myself. They were ridiculously good.

Yup!

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
And oregano!

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I really like the smokehouse almonds from big brand blue diamond.

I introduced them to my boss and he said we had to stop ordering them lol. So good.

We were getting giant bags from online I think

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Soul Dentist posted:

And oregano!

Yeeeeah, gonna have to grab a bag. I fuckin' love rosemary.

That being said, I'm not going to Costco today. And you know what? I might not go tomorrow.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

They didn't have those almonds :(

Still had the butter toffee cashews tho

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Big bag of blue diamond bold spicy dill pickle almonds. Thankfully they're hot and sour enough my mouth gets destroyed before eating too many. But they are very more-ish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Personally I'm hitting the blue diamond honey roasted pretty hard the last couple weeks.