Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Dark Forces remaster is ftw. Go buy it. Good work rocket guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Dark Forces had cool guns. That's mostly what I remember.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

getting it on switch

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Dragon Ball FighterZ is getting an Xbox Series and PS5 update tomorrow. Note the following:

- It will not be Smart Delivery. You'll need to boot up the Xbox One version to claim the Series version of the game for free from the XB1 version's menu, and then download that.
- It might be cross-save for progression with the XB1 version, this isn't entirely clear. Also not sure what this means for cheevos, if there are double dip opportunities or not.
- The Series version will feature rollback netcode, which will not be backported to the XB1 version. Because of this, there is no cross play between XB1 and Series versions of the game, and there is no cross play with any other version.
- Separate from the Xbox version, the PC version is also getting rollback netcode, and you can choose between the new or old netcode when matchmaking online which will only put you in that specific pool of potential PC players.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Will they add Goku(Daima)?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

univbee posted:

Dragon Ball FighterZ is getting an Xbox Series and PS5 update tomorrow. Note the following:

- It will not be Smart Delivery. You'll need to boot up the Xbox One version to claim the Series version of the game for free from the XB1 version's menu, and then download that.

lazy devs

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

univbee posted:

Because of this, there is no cross play between XB1 and Series versions of the game, and there is no cross play with any other version.

No cross play between XBone and others/Series and others/both? What about the PS4 version?

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

welcome posted:

No cross play between XBone and others/Series and others/both? What about the PS4 version?

"There is no cross-play support between the different platforms", according to Bandai-Namco.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

John F Bennett posted:

I am really enjoying Return to Grace on game pass.

It's a narrative adventure and walking sim. It's fun to explore and discover.

Just completed it, took me 68 minutes! And I explored everything.

A perfect game pass game, I enjoyed it a lot!

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

American McGay posted:

Nightdive (and Xbox) stays winning.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
My wish list was restored! It's a Leap Day miracle.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

American McGay posted:

Now I’m wary since the tomb raider game just highlighted how bad controls used to be.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

Now I’m wary since the tomb raider game just highlighted how bad controls used to be.

It feels and plays great, happily.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

welcome posted:

The same restriction.

Basically, PS4/XB1/Switch are old netcode, and have a platform-specific "old netcode" matchmaking.
Xbox Series/PS5 are new rollback netcode, and have a platform-specific "new rollback netcode" matchmaking.
PC has old netcode and new rollback netcode options, with separate matchmaking for each.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

A pretty good Free Play Days this week :

Age of Wonders 4
Deceive Inc.
Gangs of Sherwood

Want to give Age of Wonders 4 a shot, it has been on my wishlist since release.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

I miss the Xbox Gold tab/app thing on the homescreen cause it advertised the free play weekend for games

Nowadays i only learn about em from either this thread or twitter

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Lube Enthusiast posted:

I miss the Xbox Gold tab/app thing on the homescreen cause it advertised the free play weekend for games

Nowadays i only learn about em from either this thread or twitter

Fastest way to see them is to click on the Store, then without scrolling down you'll see Subscriptions. Click on that to see the Free Play Days.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://x.com/wario64/status/1763212024249467002?s=46&t=36rNzOEGx40Ej2XR8t_CPw

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Another win for my Xbox Garlic S

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

poncle is a beast.

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
lol. Dirt rally 2.0 players stay winning

https://x.com/wario64/status/1763255202499428628?s=46

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Interesting. Good that they are out of the Cod mines. Hopefully a new Spyro on the way.

https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/1763264454748189077?s=20

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Xbox: out of the cod mines and into the fire(layoffs)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

free to pursue their dreams in the mass-layoff industry :patriot:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

External Organs posted:

Xbox: out of the cod mines and into the fire(layoffs)

beat me to it lol

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Gaben smart as hell for not making Valve public. No layoffs there that I know of since they're not beholden to shareholders. I saw that Remedy bought back the rights for Control so Alan Wake 2 must have done really well for them and I hope they take the same route as Valve if they can and keep themselves safe. I dunno if Epic or someone has a stake or not, though. I wonder if CDPR can do the same? Cyberpunk 2 is probably going to be a huge success since they have the Phantom Liberty & 2.0 director in charge.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

SUNKOS posted:

Gaben smart as hell for not making Valve public. No layoffs there that I know of since they're not beholden to shareholders. I saw that Remedy bought back the rights for Control so Alan Wake 2 must have done really well for them and I hope they take the same route as Valve if they can and keep themselves safe. I dunno if Epic or someone has a stake or not, though. I wonder if CDPR can do the same? Cyberpunk 2 is probably going to be a huge success since they have the Phantom Liberty & 2.0 director in charge.

I wonder what the heck devs there even do anymore at Valve now that they are on the steam print money train.

They probably just repeatedly make Half Life 3s then laugh and delete them and start again.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Half Life Alyx looked incredible and apparently is, I've never played it though 'cause I'm not getting VR for one game. I do find it weird they haven't released a new Team Fortress game though because the time was right years ago and imo still is, they could take a huge chunk of the GaaS market with a new entry in the franchise but since they're not under any pressure I guess they're just cruising and free to do all sorts like trying out VR and HL: Alyx and making Steam Deck. I think they released a new Counter Strike not long ago alongside a new engine they made? That's still an insanely popular IP and tied with Valorant judging by Twitch. Maybe they don't feel like competing with Overwatch since it took the idea of TF2 and expanded on it so much that TF3 would probably pale in comparison now? I don't know.

Edit: Gonna be funny if at the end of the day Valve is the last major player left just by virtue of doing nothing lol.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Alyx is easily the coolest game I’ve ever played. It’s literally decades ahead of everything else but it’ll never go mass market because Sony didn’t bother to get it for PSVR2 and now the platform is basically abandoned.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Alyx is easily the coolest game I’ve ever played.

Alright calm down Beavis.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It’s really really cool!

raccoon.bmp
Feb 16, 2023

🦝
Half-Life: Alyx is really really good. Still the most fleshed-out VR experience out there by a mile, the gravity gloves are good fun. It even keeps up the lineage of Half-Life games having bad puzzles! What's not to love?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

raccoon.bmp posted:

What's not to love?

Having to wear vr

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

raccoon.bmp posted:

Half-Life: Alyx is really really good. Still the most fleshed-out VR experience out there by a mile, the gravity gloves are good fun. It even keeps up the lineage of Half-Life games having bad puzzles! What's not to love?

Paying a frankly obscene amount of money for VR equipment that is supported by like 12 things, only 3 of which are any good.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

ImpAtom posted:

Paying a frankly obscene amount of money for VR equipment that is supported by like 12 things, only 3 of which are any good.

VR has been stupid since the early 90s. Murder She Wrote had a story about VR for Christ's sake.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

VR is a cool experience, and you could have a lot of stupid fun with Youtube VR

Not so sure about VR for videogames since VR mess so much with your health most people can't play VR for longer than 30 minutes

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Alyx was, and still is, so far ahead of any other VR game every other developer should be embarrassed. The gravity gloves are an even bigger revelation than the gravity gun in HL2. So much so that basically every other game has copied them, but no one has bothered to try and replicate the physics they built in that make it so good.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Alyx is so good that it kinda killed off my interest in VR. Everything else is almost objectively worse than it, so why bother continuing?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Necrothatcher posted:

. Everything else is almost objectively worse than it, so why bother continuing?

me after playing another roudn of balatro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

ImpAtom posted:

This is what stops me from pulling the trigger on a VR headset. The price needs to go down a bit and there needs to be more incentive to buy one besides Alyx. I'm assuming a Meta Quest 3 for the PC would be the way to go unless you want to play Gran Turismo in VR with a PSVR2.