Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

rideANDxORdie posted:

- Have the Senator revolver use a quickloader IF you clear all rounds before reload.

This is from a few pages back but my thought on the revolver is to give it medium penetration and maybe a slight damage buff, change nothing else, and it'd probably be in a good place. It's still overkill vs most chaff enemies, but would give it more of a niche as a dedicated elite popper like the JAR-5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

the unabonger posted:

Just figured out you can toss the markers for orbital strikes and eagles directly onto enemies for max precision.

Though if the enemy is moving, the orbital strike will hit where they were when it fires from your ship, so it doesn't track perfectly. Not sure if the Eagle will be more accurate since they release their payload right before impact

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Could you jump onto an enemy and ragdoll drop a marker onto it?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The other day a small jumping bug instantly carried the gatling bombardment marker from where I threw it right into the middle of our team and I was very glad the ship targets the spot where it first lands.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

the unabonger posted:

Just figured out you can toss the markers for orbital strikes and eagles directly onto enemies for max precision.

As a reminder, you can do that to any marker, and the drop pods all work like cheap orbital strikes.

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Is the premium war pass you get with the upgrade a permanent thing or is it going to be like a subscription type model where you might not get access to future premium content

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

FrancisFukyomama posted:

Is the premium war pass you get with the upgrade a permanent thing or is it going to be like a subscription type model where you might not get access to future premium content

The warbonds remain available forever when you get them, so there's no time pressure to complete them.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

FrancisFukyomama posted:

quote:

“At Arrowhead, we're gamers too, and we want these Warbonds to feel modern, fun, and in line with the Arrowhead style. This is important to us: the Warbonds are NOT a pay-to-win, FOMO-driven system. Instead, the gear in the Warbonds just keeps accumulating. We will not retire earlier Warbonds as new ones are released - you can pick them up and complete them at any time!”

the $20 upgrade only gets you the Steeled Veterans warbond ($10) along with the other goodies it comes with

ShadowMar fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Feb 29, 2024

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

So it sounds like you can buy the premium pass with in game currency, does that include that special smg or is that still special citizen exclusive?

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

FrancisFukyomama posted:

So it sounds like you can buy the premium pass with in game currency, does that include that special smg or is that still special citizen exclusive?

the non-warbond stuff in the super citizen upgrade is exclusive to it yeah, if you ever plan on getting that stuff, dont get the steeled veterans warbond with SC because you currently do not get a refund for it and you're wasting $10 worth of SC

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

FrancisFukyomama posted:

Super citizen gets the premium warbond, armour that looks cool, but has an equivalent in the main (free) warbond and a DDR minigame on the ship. All the guns are in the warbonds.

You can easily buy the premium warbond by picking up money in game. In fact the free warbond lets you unlock currency very quickly.

E: whoops it does come with the Knight SMG. I've never used it lol.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
lol I assume people were starting to blame The Game Master for poo poo

https://x.com/pilestedt/status/1763143262464770143?s=46

Edit: also the guy running around with the mech was using a cheat?

https://x.com/pubattlegrounds/status/1763157682746265687?s=46

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Steve Yun posted:

Edit: also the guy running around with the mech was using a cheat?

I mean, obviously, you need some kind of cheat/hack to enable a still unreleased item into a game. Even more when it's an online game and it has protections against modifications.

burnsep
Jul 3, 2005
Well, I’m in and at level 5. If anybody wants to have a dutiful goon at their side, I’m Burnsep on PS5.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

ive just been joining random games on veld. good poo poo. was expecting to get kicked/teamkilled a bunch but it hasnt happened once

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

DeathSandwich posted:

This is from a few pages back but my thought on the revolver is to give it medium penetration and maybe a slight damage buff, change nothing else, and it'd probably be in a good place. It's still overkill vs most chaff enemies, but would give it more of a niche as a dedicated elite popper like the JAR-5.

I find the senator to be the best sidearm in the game tbh. Against robots at least it can one shot any of the trash mobs (and the dude riding on the scout mech) in a single shot, not just a headshot or anything a body shot too, making it really good at clearing space around you if you're getting surrounded and need to run away. As a side arm it doesn't seem like it needs to be able to kill elites to still be good.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

SplitSoul posted:

That's not all it's good for.

Thank you for doing your part.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I've been kicked a small number of times and it's always been loading into bridge. I assume people are waiting for mates or don't want to play with randoms, but aren't away of the friends settings.

I've never been kicked for non-meta loadouts or been kicked for a tk in a mission. People seem overall pretty chill in 7-9. I'm not sure if there are people in lower difficulties that have broken their brains on YouTube and demand specific loadouts.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i mean i have been teamkilled but every time its just been because i wasnt paying attention and accidentally wandered under a drop pod or someone firing into a giant horde of bugs accidentally clipped me

anyway we're losing ground on veld send reinforcements

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

hbag posted:

i mean i have been teamkilled but every time its just been because i wasnt paying attention and accidentally wandered under a drop pod or someone firing into a giant horde of bugs accidentally clipped me

anyway we're losing ground on veld send reinforcements

I shall save Veld

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I just realised the skeletons you see as part of the scenery are hive lords and they are so totally going to be back aren't they.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
i've used the mortar sentry quite a bit now and i'm having trouble imagining how placement would even make a difference with teamkilling. it's indirect fire, it's going to shoot your teammates no matter what. maybe i'm missing something

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7341127342145735982

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

Darox posted:

What is everyones favourite armour trait?
I've been using Servo Assisted (extra throw range, extra limb health) basically the entire time and I love it. I picked it up initially for the throw distance but the extra limb health is low key incredible. I took it off for a bit and realized that other people actually have to care about limb damage when taking hits, which burns through stims faster and can really screw you. Meanwhile Servo armour means you only get limb injuries when artillery blows them off your torso.

+2 grenades and less autocannon recoil while crouched is pretty great.

If you run out of grenades you'll die to a rocket dev soon enough and get 6 more.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Gone Fashing posted:

i've used the mortar sentry quite a bit now and i'm having trouble imagining how placement would even make a difference with teamkilling. it's indirect fire, it's going to shoot your teammates no matter what. maybe i'm missing something

You put it right next to the point you're defending and your other turrets further out. You're attempting to build a wall of fire that kills things before they get close enough that the mortar is dropping on both of you.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Fortified is my poo poo because you can get guns to be laser-accurate if you don't need to move a lot, and eating rockets won't always kill you which are by far the most 'oh bullshit' deaths I deal with.

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

Gone Fashing posted:

Honestly the EMS mortar is just more generally helpful.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I've been easing my way into bug missions on Veld, and just gave the flamethrower its first test-run (not least because I had a personal mission to kill 100 enemies with one). It's definitely got a learning curve, but I think I learned to respect it as a reasonable alternative to a heavy machinegun that has powerful (if dangerous) anti-armour and area-denial capabilities. Be interesting to see how high I can go up the difficulties with it as my main support weapon.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Mortars can work against robots, but absolutely not against bugs given how often you're fighting in close proximity with them.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Darth Walrus posted:

I've been easing my way into bug missions on Veld, and just gave the flamethrower its first test-run (not least because I had a personal mission to kill 100 enemies with one). It's definitely got a learning curve, but I think I learned to respect it as a reasonable alternative to a heavy machinegun that has powerful (if dangerous) anti-armour and area-denial capabilities. Be interesting to see how high I can go up the difficulties with it as my main support weapon.

You see plenty of people running it in impossible difficulty and it fills a niche in the team. A common loadout is flamethrower and jump pack for blitz/egg missions.

If you use it a lot and get used to it you'll be good at using it too, which is more important than picking something "good" that you personally don't like using.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Mortars are great on elimination missions versus robots

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I just use the neon orange armour because it's orange

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Phenotype posted:

There sure is, and it's actually on the store right now. It's messing with me hardcore, because I need another 150 SC to buy it but I really don't want to no-life Helldivers all night instead of playing FF7R.

e:

Nope, just checked and it's still there til tomorrow morning, costs 250 SC. And I have 110 right now...

Oh man, you're my hero. Logged in and grabbed it. I definitely would have missed this otherwise.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
I enjoy scout armor because mobility is key and being able to outrun and reposition is huge and you can dictate the engagement range easier, denying most every enemy the ability to hit you.

Also that radar is nice.

Agains droids I like to use the Marksman rifle with it and headshot mofos.

Add the recoilless rifle for anti-armor duties or the railgun and you got it made.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

If heavy armour worked I'd be perfectly happy trudging through the middle of the map, but it doesn't so light armour is basically the only choice.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

I like the look of the gold and black fancy armor and the 50% chance to not die has saved me about 50% of the time which is pretty huge.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Tom Tucker posted:

I like the look of the gold and black fancy armor and the 50% chance to not die has saved me about 50% of the time which is pretty huge.

Yeah that's the one armour worth going up a class for on style and substance points.

I love the look of the heavy armour. There's one with cool bandoliers all over it. Looks very rough and ready.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
So, in light of the battle for Veld, what are the particularly good anti-bug stratagems, particularly at mid and low tiers? I've been having decent luck with my old friends the Eagle airstrike and gatling turret, the minefield has had its uses, and (as mentioned) the flamethrower seems a pretty solid support weapon, but I'm open to experimentation and expanding my arsenal.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Orbital airburst is pretty great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Just play around for sure! The things you list are great, additionally the cluster bombs, stalwart/LMG, gas orbital and napalm all have a place in bug war.