Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

HootTheOwl posted:

Never take a QB with facial hair.
Kyle Orton excepted, but he's like an exception

:dafuq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
Fields is gone (most likely.) Thank god. His worshippers can finally be shocked and return to being actual Bears fans.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Fields is gone (most likely.) Thank god. His worshippers can finally be shocked and return to being actual Bears fans.

You mean glom onto the next QB they will trade away in three years

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Sucks
Broke his brain

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/vikings-will-release-rb-alexander-mattison

Thank you

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

A Sneaker Broker posted:

I know I know, packer fans get jealous when there is another good QB in the division. You need him gone so we can go back to pretending Love is elite or whatever

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

HootTheOwl posted:

I know I know, packer fans get jealous when there is another good QB in the division. You need him gone so we can go back to pretending Love is elite or whatever

The last type of fan that should be dictating and evaluating good QB play are you Bears fans. Especially you Owl. I know you wanna continue to pretend to worship Fields. Let it go. It's over.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Trey Benson. I'd like you to learn the name. You watch his college tape and tell me he is not a classic Vikings RB.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

A Sneaker Broker posted:

The last type of fan that should be dictating and evaluating good QB play are you Bears fans. Especially you Owl. I know you wanna continue to pretend to worship Fields. Let it go. It's over.

We know good play by how unlike it is anything we've seen before.
Fields is the guy and I'm just going to follow him.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

HootTheOwl posted:

Never take a QB with facial hair.
Kyle Orton excepted, but he's like an exception

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Y'all are so desperate for him to be good... Anyone can clown the Bears

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
His games against the bears weren’t even his best games

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Only registered members can see post attachments!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

CharlestheHammer posted:

His games against the bears weren’t even his best games

That's how you know he sucks.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

HootTheOwl posted:

Y'all are so desperate for him to be good... Anyone can clown the Bears

What about clowning the Cowboys, though?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

That owned, yes.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

That was in the playoffs and so it's hard to truly gauge it. The Cowboys are under a geas to be absolutely humiliated in the playoffs; how much of that game was the Packers and how much was the geas remains to be seen.

Even as a fan of a rival, though, I'll freely admit it was a show and a half.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://x.com/CHGO_Bears/status/1763576116046917884

Please fall to the Bears.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
The questions they ask these dudes at the combine just keep getting weirder and weirder.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Is there a chance Nabers would still be available at #9? Would he be a better option than Odunze?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Is there a chance Nabers would still be available at #9? Would he be a better option than Odunze?

They're both very good. I'd be happy with either if I were a Bears fan.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Definite red flag. No TWTW

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
doesn’t have that snoopy dawg in him

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

https://x.com/easton__butler/status/1763589200673493160?s=46

Aaron Jones’s successor.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/robertmays/status/1763671223152619976

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
https://twitter.com/HGrahamNFL/status/1763567543992684910?t=6BRAERL8ueUDf9rTUj-WYQ&s=19
Williams explains the reports he didn't want to go to Chicago

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Chicago wants to win, just don't know how

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
https://twitter.com/TomSilverstein/status/1763691619696407009

This was a very uncomfortable hour or so.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Jones is 100% worth whatever we are paying him.
Between his actual performance and his leadership on the team whatever they are paying him is cheap compared to what they get out of him.

He might restructure to help the cap but if he doesn't it's fine.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

He probably will restructured rarely result in players getting less money

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Usually it is converting salary to bonuses and getting more money upfront.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

If we gently caress up an Aaron Jones restructure then I'll be mad, but I'mma doubt that's gonna happen

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
can i have some money

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Pretty sure Aaron Jones took a pay cut last year and maybe even previous to that. Also Preston Smith just took a pay cut as well.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

afaik restructures are more or less guaranteeing future bonuses and giving them to the player immediately so the cap hit can then be spread out over the remaining years of the contract. I can't think of a time where I've seen a player reject being restructured.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Hand Row posted:

Pretty sure Aaron Jones took a pay cut last year and maybe even previous to that. Also Preston Smith just took a pay cut as well.

Jones took a straight up pay cut last year. Smith took a restructure this year with (afaik) a bit more front loaded cash and higher incentives.

Aaron Jones wants to stay with Green Bay and he is an awesome dude and great teammate and leader so he's with every penny.

Just look at this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i49MQxmki5w

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Hot Diggity! posted:

Jones took a straight up pay cut last year. Smith took a restructure this year with (afaik) a bit more front loaded cash and higher incentives.

Aaron Jones wants to stay with Green Bay and he is an awesome dude and great teammate and leader so he's with every penny.

Just look at this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i49MQxmki5w

Suppose he butcher the contract situation with Aaron Jones, I'mma cry grown man tears. He is the lifeblood and heartbeat of this team. Love is still getting there, but Jones is the GUY. Dillon, I am okay with moving on. He only recently started to run like he meant business.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Hoot in shambles https://theathletic.com/5311426/2024/03/02/nfl-combine-news-bears/

quote:

[...] As for their current quarterback, Bears decision-makers would like to make the call on Fields’ future before the NFL free agency window, which opens March 13. That’s what they prefer, but not necessarily what they will achieve. General manager Ryan Poles openly shared that he wants to “do right” by Fields and understands “no one wants to live in the gray area.”

The team spent most of the week gauging interest around the league to evaluate his value. The Bears may need movement in the veteran quarterback market, which includes Kirk Cousins and Baker Mayfield, before interested teams get into serious discussions with the Bears for Fields. Though I expect the demand for Fields to be robust, knowing teams like the Raiders, Broncos, Steelers and Falcons are all in search of a quarterback, it appears his market is soft for now. It was hard to find strong interest from any team. One NFC general manager explained the problem with the current timing: “When people know you are getting rid of something, they don’t pay as much for it.” [...]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Hoot's Fields position is taking a beating, but his "NFL orgs are full of idiots" belief is getting more solid by the day.
I think that article, or another also says that Daniels is ATL's QB1