Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

ImpAtom posted:

Maybe they need to be better raps then.

I still remember everything Schoolhouse Rock taught me!

I'm a bill, up on capital hill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

I'm currently the sole Pokémon responsible for my son, and let me tell you, it's a fine line between being a know-it-all parent railroader, listening to all his bullshit wrong ideas while bonding, and being a team with my wife who is very much against video games.

Also Jesus Christ kid, you suck at Pokémon and maps and video games. Git gud!

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

BonHair posted:

I'm currently the sole Pokémon responsible for my son, and let me tell you, it's a fine line between being a know-it-all parent railroader, listening to all his bullshit wrong ideas while bonding, and being a team with my wife who is very much against video games.

Also Jesus Christ kid, you suck at Pokémon and maps and video games. Git gud!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-meeE6O7c7E

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

make an example of the CEO imo, make him eat three baconators a day

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

hawowanlawow posted:

make an example of the CEO imo, make him eat three baconators a day

On the rare occasion I need to fly somewhere, I like to eat a Breakfast Baconator™️ beforehand so that I don't need to eat anything else for the rest of the day!

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

What the gently caress are we talking about with Wendy’s price memes

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

New corporate rule to take on increased cost of food. Google Wendy's inflation ru-... Well, you get the idea.

mystes
May 31, 2006

freeedr posted:

What the gently caress are we talking about with Wendy’s price memes
An article was reporting that they were going to do surge pricing with new electronic boards to display the prices.

Also, in response they issued a statement that was like "no, this is totally false; we aren't going to raise prices at peak hours, we're just going to lower prices at non-peak hours, that's totally different"

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

naw. What?

what?

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
If the highest price isn’t any higher than the “normal” price it is a net positive though.

The real question is how much they are already price gouging and when did they start sneaking in increases by small increments to fool people into thinking the prices are roughly “constant”.

Still, :capitalism:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

dialhforhero posted:

If the highest price isn’t any higher than the “normal” price it is a net positive though.

The real question is how much they are already price gouging and when did they start sneaking in increases by small increments to fool people into thinking the prices are roughly “constant”.

Still, :capitalism:

The highest price is going to be higher than normal pricing.

They haven't even announced this, it's just obvious.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Price gouging is when you don't have a choice of service after a natural disaster, hiking your prices above your competitors in a normal market is called "a bad business decision"

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

zoux posted:

Price gouging is when you don't have a choice of service after a natural disaster, hiking your prices above your competitors in a normal market is called "a bad business decision"

You're probably giving the average consumer far too much credit (self-inclsuionary of course)

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

zoux posted:

And what if there's only a handful of competitors and they hike prices together while totally not colluding, like say a bunch of egg wholesalers who grossly overstated the impact of supply issues?

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

And what if there's only a handful of competitors and they hike prices together while totally not colluding, like say a bunch of egg wholesalers who grossly overstated the impact of supply issues?

Or, and this is also true: airline companies.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

zoux posted:

I feel like advertising a sandwich for £3 and then when you get to the shop it costs £6 because it's lunch hour, and you've already spent part of your lunch break going to the shop, is in the same spirit as price gouging. Except if you personally conned people into the disaster zone to begin with.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I would simply have enough money to afford the sandwich no matter what

e: but not at Wendy’s

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

dang I couldn't make it into Wendy's today and ended my streak, now I have to pay full surge prices with the rest of the plebs

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

A cartel.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

That would be price fixing, and not applicable in the case of uh, Wendys

OwlFancier posted:

I feel like advertising a sandwich for £3 and then when you get to the shop it costs £6 because it's lunch hour, and you've already spent part of your lunch break going to the shop, is in the same spirit as price gouging. Except if you personally conned people into the disaster zone to begin with.

They don't sell burgers in L money.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

zoux posted:

That would be price fixing, and not applicable in the case of uh, Wendys

Right, they'll get undercut by all of the local burger places instead of mcdonalds and burger king raising prices to the same level.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Price gouging isn't just that thing they do after disasters, but it's commonly associated with it because that's when the greed starts to become a matter of life and death. And also because there are so many other constant loving examples of greed when it comes to pricing that we tend to save the term for when it's super egregious and unmistakeable.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I'm fine with it as long as Wendy's installs self checkout. Canadian grocery stores did it after this and the subsequent post covid cartel gouging and now my grocery bills are significantly lighter!

E: in Minecraft

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

OwlFancier posted:

That's "bait and switch" or "false advertising"

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The cost of burgers will just be MSRP from now on (McDonald's Suggested Retail Price).

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

mobby_6kl posted:

That's "hamburgling”

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
my favorite thing while shopping is when the price fluctuates a ton

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

OwlFancier posted:

Or now you're stuck in the drive thru with other cars blocking you in and have little choice other than to purchase something at a premium.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Go to the drive-thru and just sit there. If you're just waiting and refuse to purchase anything, the AI will see that sales have dropped noticeably, and will lower the price accordingly.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

counterfeitsaint posted:

Go to the drive-thru and just sit there. If you're just waiting and refuse to purchase anything, the AI will see that sales have dropped noticeably, and will lower the price accordingly.

You get fined for creating a shipping blockade

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Needs to be Oompa Loompa. You know, with the symbols for Oomponium and Loompalite.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

You STOLE Oomponium!!! You spread it to friends and relations, whose homes now have to be razed and the ground sterilized! So you get NOTHING! Good DAY, sir!

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Brawnfire posted:

You STOLE Oomponium!!! You spread it to friends and relations, whose homes now have to be razed and the ground sterilized! So you get NOTHING! Good DAY, sir!

Perhaps if your security guard had shown up to work today instead of going to a screening of "Herbie Goes Bananas" we could have avoided this entire incident

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Whooping Crabs posted:

Perhaps if your security guard had shown up to work today instead of going to a screening of "Herbie Goes Bananas" we could have avoided this entire incident

Well, perhaps he drifted off

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Just remember:

If you see someone stealing food, you didn’t.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Black Noise posted:

You get fined for creating a shipping blockade

Only registered members can see post attachments!