Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Michael Cole: "OH MY! Could it be!? IT IS! It's Jade "Giving Mother" Cargill!

e: horrible snipe, sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/PabloGRadio/status/1763219971658621184

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I can't believe AEW hired Low-Ki, hired the booker of that match, and bought Evolve after using it as a feeder league.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Pablo, 3 hours from now: Sorry, I just out this was WWE-adjacent. THIS! IS! AWESOME!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
The only things that true fans should chant is "Thank you Vince"

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Why is.

Why is the ref not stopping -- WHY IS LOW KI KICKING HIM AGAIN, WHY IS HE GOING TO THE TOP

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Someone post the low ki being carried away like a small child pic

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

that is pure strain pro wrestling and it rules

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Low Ki is the avatar of "Getting Your poo poo In"

Also now I want Jade to have a Marlo Thomas gimmick

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Someone post the low ki being carried away like a small child pic

Only registered members can see post attachments!

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

A wwe fan when someone tells them that wrestling existed before wwe and will exist after wwe

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Jade "Freakin" Cargill

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 28 hours!

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Jade "Freakin" Cargill

peggeh...

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

lol his loving mouth

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Bucks Derangement Syndrome is real

https://x.com/leslieleeiii/status/1763339449449251121?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Back in my day we were told not to sell the trolls, we just got called various slurs that were related on the Something Awful front page.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
You can ignore anyone and everything that refers to The Bucks as midcarders because what they really mean is A Tag Team amd no tag team can be main eventers one has to be Michaels and one Jannetty them the rules.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
the main event of the aew ppv should be sting and darby beating the bucks in fifteen seconds then the remaining 45 minutes allocated for the main event should be the entire locker room and support staff and maybe some random security guards and vendors all taking turns kicking the bucks in the bean bag over and over again. no matter how many kicks they take the crowd will still be chanting for more. i will then rank the match .5 stars and demand that aew fire them and wait is this the hell thread

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Lid posted:

You can ignore anyone and everything that refers to The Bucks as midcarders because what they really mean is A Tag Team amd no tag team can be main eventers one has to be Michaels and one Jannetty them the rules.

Usually but in this case Leslie is grinding his axe against the Bucks because AEW.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

C. Everett Koop posted:

the main event of the aew ppv should be sting and darby beating the bucks in fifteen seconds then the remaining 45 minutes allocated for the main event should be the entire locker room and support staff and maybe some random security guards and vendors all taking turns kicking the bucks in the bean bag over and over again. no matter how many kicks they take the crowd will still be chanting for more. i will then rank the match .5 stars and demand that aew fire them and wait is this the hell thread

Would the actual main event be the surprise return of Satoshi Kojima to do what he does best? (Elbow dudes in the nards?)

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 28 hours!
more like the middle aged bucks

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
All pro wrestling is bad wrestling.

https://twitter.com/leslieleeiii/status/1763356799183253600

wow he's right.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

All pro wrestling looks "phony". Actual fights look like poo poo.

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

"Only a hot take in recent years*"

*Recent years here meaning: since 1910 or so

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Pro wrestling peaked with Inoki-ism.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
These people genuinely want Brawl For All, that's the only conclusion I can come to at this point

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Legitimately I want an example of a match from one of these people that doesn't "look phoney"

because it will 100% have an Irish Whip in it, the fakest looking wrestling move of all time

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

VideoWitch posted:

Legitimately I want an example of a match from one of these people that doesn't "look phoney"

because it will 100% have an Irish Whip in it, the fakest looking wrestling move of all time

its real and its extremely powerful

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

VideoWitch posted:

Similarly I want an example of "psychology" that doesn't boil down to "He works the leg and then wins the match by doing a move to the leg"

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 28 hours!
even in the days of kayfabe most people knew this poo poo was a work lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 28 hours!
its really funny because the people that seemed the msot convinced that wrestling had to be real... was wrestlers who knew it was fake

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

its really funny because the people that seemed the msot convinced that wrestling had to be real... was wrestlers who knew it was fake

Didn't Piper claim he had no idea wrestling was fake until he was in the ring having his first match?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 28 hours!

Drakkel posted:

Didn't Piper claim he had no idea wrestling was fake until he was in the ring having his first match?

lol

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I like the people who claim people didn't know wrestling was fake in the 70s when they were threatening to kill heels, like a drunk crowd of rednecks wouldn't have tried to stab the freebirds if they knew it was a work

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

The reason wrestling rings have ropes is because the Irish whip is so powerful the recipient will keep running until they hit something. Do not try it at home.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 28 hours!

the sex ghost posted:

I like the people who claim people didn't know wrestling was fake in the 70s when they were threatening to kill heels, like a drunk crowd of rednecks wouldn't have tried to stab the freebirds if they knew it was a work

the beer was working them

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Lamuella posted:

All pro wrestling looks "phony". Actual fights look like poo poo.

It's true. I remember a fight from a couple of years ago at a Taco Bell in the UK that went viral. Some customer got super pissed and started pushing stuff around and yelling and cursing and takes a run at an employee and tries to punch him but the employee ducks under the punch, deadlifts the guy up and kinda bodyslams him face first on the ground with this really gross splat noise. The fight was ugly and over in like ten seconds max.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
how come all of those "it needs to look like a real fight" people never complain about how modern wrestlers don't keep their hands up at all times? mma has been popular for decades at this point so we know what a real contest looks like

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

little munchkin posted:

how come all of those "it needs to look like a real fight" people never complain about how modern wrestlers don't keep their hands up at all times? mma has been popular for decades at this point so we know what a real contest looks like

Because, as Meltzer points out all the time, looks real means looked real when I was a kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
If it’s not fifteen minutes of lay and pray it’s fake phony outlaw mudshow garbage poo poo