Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Strontium posted:

Seems that Comics Kingdom updated their websites to be more cumbersome so you can't just right-click save images or rehost them, but their webdesign is no match for my pressing F12 in Firefox.

For now I'm doing the same thing. I'll take a look at updating the script when I get some time today or tomorrow. Another workaround is the USA Today comics section that Kennel found, which allows nice easy right-click-save-as, but not all of the CK comics are there.

The CK redesign does have one upside: the images are bigger now. In fact I've been getting the 640-width versions of Bizarro and Family Circus, because the full-width ones are, uh, freakin' enormous.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

Flash Gordon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Tiggum posted:

Is there a way to get a desktop version or a pdf or something, or do you have to read it in this obnoxious mobile format?

Stultus Maximus posted:

Also inquiring.
That's just kinda how Webtoon is formatted, unfortunately. And there aren't any collections(physical or pdf) around from what I see with a lazy google.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

:psyduck: Didn't WW2 start in '39

Another war started 30 years prior to 1944.

The Family Upstairs/The Dingbat Family(September 1, 1910)

Baron Bean(March 2, 1916)

Polly and Her Pals(January 30, 1913)

$3.85 in 1913 is $119.94 today

Gasoline Alley(October 23, 1919)

Us Boys(February 29, 1912)

The Gumps(March 29, 1917)

Krazy Kat(December 25, 1913)

The Walrus and the Carpenter
Ignatz is singing Shubert's Serenade Though I've seen other translations that look completely different.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I didn't know Josh's sister worked at Delman's.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Scary Go Round (August 10-12, 2005)

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Also an E4 in that long would be a little odd no?

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Esa Ahto

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake looks like I accidentally skipped one, so here's yesterday and today:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Ziggy is such a cube.

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Miss Othmar

Apartment 3-G

Much like many other things A3G was also screwed up by the CK changes. They went back to the last Bolle Sunday, and then restarted the reruns somewhere I'm guessing in the 80s/90s. But the archive goes way back so I can still continue where we left off. It's kind of a pain right now since I have to hunt it down and then screenshot it, so I may either go to the current reruns of drop it altogether. I haven't decided.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

Ah, let's enjoy a bowl of grey with some chunks of orange and green.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

At least it's not vegan amirite??????

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FZRN0ELV9M

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

To be fair, stew is rarely the most appetizing-looking food. I make a beef stew using the leftovers of our Christmas rib roast every year that ends up looking a lot like what Mary's dishing up; it's not winning any beauty contests, but my family slurps it down in a hurry.

That said, all of Mary's prepared foods are drawn/colored as "grey with chunk." She's a bad cook.

Cul de Sac

FoxTrot Classix

Folks: Women be shoppin'!

Rose Is Rose

As Yvonmukluk is on holiday for the next two weeks, I will pick up Bad Machinery in their stead.

Yvonmukluk posted:

Bad Machinery

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Murdstone posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Hell, now I want to watch Santo and Blue Demon versus Dr. Frankenstein. That sounds like a great time.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Corto Maltese

Blueberry

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

DMorbid posted:

Hell, now I want to watch Santo and Blue Demon versus Dr. Frankenstein. That sounds like a great time.

If anyone was wondering, it's a real movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnhBshx9A0k

As for today's Bad Machinery, someone on Gocomics pointed out that Bishop obsessively spritzing sanitizer on his hands was a weird personality quirk when Allison first wrote this story, and now it's perfectly normal behavior.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise: The Gallows Bird

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Murdstone posted:

Mark Trail

Would she be happier if they were just killed? Feral horses are legitimately a problem and the fact that they're only going for $1/head in-story tells you how the fundamental problem is there's too drat many horses. So many that if their population keeps growing unchecked they'll eventually overgraze their pastures into nothing and starve.

I'm guessing the resolution will be disrupting this with ~wacky hijinks~ and the initial point of "wow, feral horses are invasive and overpopulated, how do I reconcile this with horses being cool" forgotten, because MT is physically incapable of having a coherent point anymore.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
im glad i decided to follow the comic strip thread again i would have missed out on the pro arguments for flying around in helicopters to scare horses

Kid Fenris
Jan 22, 2004

If someone is reading this...
I must have failed.
Not to over-analyze Fox Trot, but couldn't she just send away for another autographed photo?

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
We Are Reproducing

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Not all feral horses are sold for meat when they're rounded up, if that's what Mark Trail is trying to imply. Plenty get adopted:

https://www.blm.gov/programs/wild-horse-and-burro/adoptions-and-sales

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Of Contemporary Microaggressions And Future Hybrid Pregnancies

If You've Gotten Tired Of "Was Magneto Right" Discourse It's Time For The Infinitely More Exciting "Magneto Shoplifting" Discourse

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Conan: The Blood Egg Part 1

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad store
Forward Slash Scare website for Allison's side comics

John Allison posted:

Who is this doughty smith? And who is this cunning thief? The plot’s so thick you could stir it with a stick.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Kid Fenris posted:

Not to over-analyze Fox Trot, but couldn't she just send away for another autographed photo?

But it's not the SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Kid Fenris posted:

As someone who remembers this story arc from when it originally ran, hold on to that.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 6/15/52

Archie 9/15-17/49

The Virtue of Vera Valiant 3/7-9/77

"Boom Boom" Bogart? Sounds like he was late when they were handing out gangster nicknames.

Bonus Comic! Look who I found in the 1977 funny pages!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
CAN THE WAX FORGET THE FLOOR?

That is oddly.....not at all romantic.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Cowslips Warren posted:

CAN THE WAX FORGET THE FLOOR?

That is oddly.....not at all romantic.

:thejoke:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Selachian posted:

Brenda Starr 9/22-24/52
Loving two men? Impossible.

"Dustin Kudlick is a recent college graduate who majored in English"

Tiggum fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Mar 1, 2024

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Did I miss the joke on how that linked comic was basically unreadable?

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Gil Thorp

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Daddy Daze

Take It From The Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side Of The Horse

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Crab Dad posted:

Did I miss the joke on how that linked comic was basically unreadable?

It's the "about" page. I was just citing the source of the quote.

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

Jesus motherfucking christ

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Hippocrass posted:

Another war started 30 years prior to 1944.
so it's talking about 30 years before the time of the comic, got it, I've fundamentally misunderstood it up to this point apparently. I am not a particularly clever man.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Hey, it's the lion guy. Good to see him taking part in the plot when he's been mostly in the background.

I don't know what Piro was expecting when he trusted Benice with his problems. He clearly knew she would try to gossip about it to everyone.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

FINGERPORI

Alright so.

"Turva": safety, security.
"Turpa": literally an animal's mouth (colloquially also anyone else's mouth, and weirdly also a fish breed, but neither of those are important here)

For reasons that probably made sense to some guy at some time in history, when conjugated to the inessive case (indicating being in or inside something), both words become "turvassa". So it can mean either "being safe / being secure" or "being inside an animal's mouth".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

I hate this comic and I hate that the author thinks this is what loving nerds like me want to read. How has he regressed so far from Legend of Bill? Legend of Bill isn't even good!