Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

White Light posted:

It looks like God teabagging the Hero's Association into dust from the force pressure of his meteor nuts

yeah that's a teabag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Shadow0 posted:

I never got into it like all my nakama did.

Flashing back to the full-screen explanation the popular One Piece subbers put up when they decided to stop translating it as friend/comrade/whatever :stonk:

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
New chapter out (translation): https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/SZ4BC4f/1/1/

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

That was short. Good joke though

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

I liked the part where That Man was talkin poo poo about Blast literally just in the previous chapter, lmao

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Flash and Sonic kind of look more childlike, especially in the last few pages. Probably used both to heighten the sense of how outclassed they are, and also because they're really just two childhood buddies working through their issues together :3:

FooF
Mar 26, 2010
Blast is such a weird character now. He feels like Saitama-lite but we still don't really what he's capable of. He also appears at the oddest times and disappears when you expect him the most.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

FooF posted:

Blast is such a weird character now. He feels like Saitama-lite but we still don't really what he's capable of. He also appears at the oddest times and disappears when you expect him the most.

He likes to appear shortly after cubes show up, so it checks out that he'd be here. Also That Man literally just talked poo poo about him so he had to set that straight.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

pik_d posted:

I liked the part where That Man was talkin poo poo about Blast literally just in the previous chapter, lmao

The thing about dissing interdimensional time travelers is they have all the time in the world to get to you, and it may be sooner than you think.

suicide4sexbots
Jul 24, 2015

caught in a hyperloop,
spun out into static -
you were never there,
i was never here

so why does my car
still smell like ass
College Slice
i wasn't sure how this fight could get any better :swoon:

suicide4sexbots
Jul 24, 2015

caught in a hyperloop,
spun out into static -
you were never there,
i was never here

so why does my car
still smell like ass
College Slice
so what happens when you push the Blast button?

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

suicide4sexbots posted:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

suicide4sexbots posted:

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h71d0QyZqRE

pik_d fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Feb 29, 2024

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Hell yea

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It's been so long, I hope it's better than season 2's adaptation was. Season 1 was so loving good!

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

Jerusalem posted:

It's been so long, I hope it's better than season 2's adaptation was. Season 1 was so loving good!
https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/1763231335705940319

Nope!

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
I’ll be interested to see how they pace this season. Assuming they end with Saitama vs Oorochi, 75% of the season will be after the start of the hero raid on the Monster Association.

First episode will probably be the dine and dash, and the limiter scene from the trailer. Then we’ll have Garou rescuing Tareo, and going up against Rover and Oorochi. Hot Pot and the hero strategy meeting.

In the raid we’ll get the opening surface battle, Flashy Flash vs the ninjas, Child Emperor vs Phoenix Man, Zombie Man vs the Vampire, Sweet Mask vs Do-S, the sword disciples rescuing the Mercs, and then introducing all the S-Class/Cadre matchups that will lead into the climax. A lot of focus on characters who have yet to be explored in the anime so far. Pretty minimal Saitama, Genos, King, Fubuki, Bang, Garou.

Cliff hanger for season 4 may either be the reveal of Oorochi as the sacrifice to God, or that Psychos was controlling Gyoro Gyoro.

FooF
Mar 26, 2010
Just name the following season “One Punch Man, Season: 4ireworks 4actory”

Yay that the animation looks better than Season 2.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Every episode is just a different take on the Phoenixman fight.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Every episode is just a different take on the Phoenixman fight.

Endless Eight for a new generation of anime fans.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

JC staff again? Agh.

never forget.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Forget the negativity, I'm still excited.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Eh, studios can put out results of varying quality, depending on how much funding they have for each project. JC Staff also made some pretty great shows like Azumanga Daioh and Excel Saga, so I wouldn't judge them based on OPM season 2 alone.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
anime is more about the animators and staff on the project...maybe they willl actually exert effort this time...

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Murata: So I've animated all the frames for you.
Producer: Haha yes we've all heard the jokes about how your work is practically already animated.
Murata: No. I literally mean I've animated all the frames for you. :shepface:

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
I just realized I never watched more than a few episodes of season 2. I know it wasn’t completely awful but it was unwatchable compared to S1

Not expecting much at all out of S3 so maybe I’ll be pleasantly surprised!

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I thought the animation in season two was fine, the story was just the manga but moving and I'll be honest I'm just here to see *at least* one punch.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
yeah season 2 was adapting the beginning of the mangas indulgent tension building

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

The biggest problem with season 2 is that it followed season 1, one of the best animated seasons of anything ever made.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
season 2 was frequently off model, had very limited sakuga sequences, and was overall just ... worse. It was still "anime" so it can be enjoyed, and OPM itself is still insanely well written, but especially relative to S1 it was garbage.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

It was fine

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Right but season 1 was good, and some people might even call it 'great' if they wanted to be generous.

Now, if the animators are prepared and directed well, maybe Murata materializes inside the animation studio and gives them some advice, who knows, it could be much better. Also some extra time to work on it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Though I can't help but imagine how it might have looked in season 1's quality, I still got a drat good laugh out of the time Garou got in the way of Saitama's wig shopping, and when he tried to jump King.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj1tNeb1UZY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuUEeLtNNFc

Garou sweating backwards is hilarious.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

FooF posted:

I like how One hid his appearance for like 100 chapters, so you're sitting there guessing what insane design he's going to be or if he's going to go the other way and have him be a King/Saitama regular guy who just happens to top the S class, then he finally shows up and nope he's the most generic back-of-my-notebook superhero design in the entire series :lmao:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

King is no ordinary guy.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Jerusalem posted:

Garou sweating backwards is hilarious.

I could be wrong, but isn't sweating backwards a thing in Jojo too?

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Josuke Higashikata posted:

King is no ordinary guy.

Neither is Saitama, but they both appear to be regular human schlubs, compared to walking anime tropes like Bang or Tatsumaki, or obvious genetic freaks like Pig God or Watchdog. I guess Sweet Mask might count for 'regular looking' too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

He would definitely resent being called regular-looking.