Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
My gut says that Trump sends those kinds of messages constantly in order to stoke his base's paranoia and fear of other in order for them to constantly be on edge. I have a lot of problems with Jon Stewart, but a line of his that I'll never forget is "When your immune system perceives everything as a threat, it doesn't make you healthier. It makes you sick". The base constantly feeling like God's Favorite Boy Trump is in dire peril at all moments makes them more likely to donate.

EDIT: DOUBLESNIPE MOTHERFUCKERS, ALL YA'LL KISS MY LITTLE BROWN STARFISH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

Ronwayne posted:

I swear trying to find 1488 variations is making me go nuts trying to decipher if its nazi alt-numerology or not. I know 744 and 1389 are.
My kid loves the number 8, and numbers that lead up to 4, and so his username on his school site ends in -4488. And I'm just standing there trying not to wince because my grade 2 child is not a goddamn nazi, but the loving nazis have made it so normal stuff has to be looked at askance.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Which is worse, Nazi numerology or Incel geometry?

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

I'm not embarrassed, don't put it in the news papers that I got embarrassed

chaibat
Aug 21, 2008

Oh no Steve Garvey is MAGA? My grandma is probably frowning down from heaven about handsome Steve. :(

quote:

It’s Steve Garvey

March 5th is just around the corner and the Democrat "machine" here is hitting me with everything they've got in a last-ditch effort to ensure that two Democrats advance to the November election - thus cementing their grip on this seat and denying Californians the real choice we deserve.

You and I cannot let them get away with this.

Rush a contribution to help beat Katie Porter and Adam Schiff on March 5th today.

24usred.com/6BZrQU

Just another winred page though, with baseball lingo:

quote:

February 29th is the last major deadline before the March 5th primary which is less than a week away.
The Democrat "machine" here is hitting me with everything they've got in a last-ditch effort to ensure that two Democrats advance to November.
Your contribution could be the difference between winning the March primary or the people of California being stuck with Adam Schiff or Katie Porter for another 6 years.
If you agree we cannot afford to find out whether the American Dream is down to its final inning, its final out, or its final strike and are ready to turn back the clock on the decline please rush your end of month gift today.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

chaibat posted:

Oh no Steve Garvey is MAGA? My grandma is probably frowning down from heaven about handsome Steve. :(

Just another winred page though, with baseball lingo:

drat, the Family Feud dude?!

chaibat
Aug 21, 2008

Batterypowered7 posted:

drat, the Family Feud dude?!

No that’s Steve Harvey, you’re thinking of the guy from Wayne’s World.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Waltzing Along posted:

Say, put a metal case in your butt
Say, put her face in your butt
Say, put a frown in your butt
Say, put a clown in your butt
Say, sit on down in your butt
Say, put a boat in your butt
Say, put a moat in your butt
Put a mink coat in your butt
Put everything in your butt
Just start to sing about your butt
Feels real good
When you sing about your butt, sing
In your butt, put the boogie in your butt
Put, put the boogie in your butt
Now wait a second, now
Do y'all get paid for this, for doing this
Putting in the butt and all that stuff? Really?
Hey, what's this? A hundred dollar bill?
I get to keep this hundred dollars if
I be putting stuff in peoples' butts?
Really? Step aside!

I’d rather golf to be perfectly honest

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Ruh roh

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

:lol:

TheKub
May 11, 2006

:lmao: grifter be grifting

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

LOL Trump was trying to gently caress over people so that he could get some money to pay his fines and they weren’t having it.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Froghammer posted:

My gut says that Trump sends those kinds of messages constantly in order to stoke his base's paranoia and fear of other in order for them to constantly be on edge. I have a lot of problems with Jon Stewart, but a line of his that I'll never forget is "When your immune system perceives everything as a threat, it doesn't make you healthier. It makes you sick". The base constantly feeling like God's Favorite Boy Trump is in dire peril at all moments makes them more likely to donate.

Some old bat entered my cell phone number somewhere and now I get fundraising texts for Martha from the Trump campaign constantly. I block the number and delete but they always come from a new one so that's no use.

Psychologically they're really fascinating because they're actually really abusive and controlling. They read exactly like the kind of horseshit your awful boomer relatives send to you to guilt you into thanksgiving phone calls, which makes a sick kind of sense when you think about who they're targeting. They're this incredible mix of urgency and "It's all your fault" because, I assume, the only kind of moron dumb enough to continue donating to his campaigns at this point is the one who has a lot of parental issues, trouble reasoning, and a sick parasocial relationship with him.

MARTHA, ARE YOU GOING TO LET ME DOWN AGAIN? I NEED YOUR HELP, DONATE HERE:

MARTHA YOU CAN'T JUST LET THE DEMOCRATS WIN

MARTHA I'M GIVING UP UNLESS YOU FILL OUT THESE QUESTIONS TONIGHT

etc etc

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Three Olives posted:

:lol:

Washington Post posted:

Trump Media co-founders sue company, alleging a scheme to dilute shares

The case could complicate a long-delayed bid by the owner of Truth Social to go public — and deliver former president Donald Trump a financial lifeline

The co-founders of former president Donald Trump’s media company filed a lawsuit Wednesday, claiming that Trump and other leaders had schemed to deprive them of a stake in the company that could be worth hundreds of millions of dollars.

Andy Litinsky and Wes Moss, who met Trump as contestants on his reality show “The Apprentice,” pitched Trump on the idea of a Trump-branded tech start-up and social media platform in early 2021 after he lost the White House and was banned from Twitter, now called X.

Trump agreed to the deal and was given 90 percent of the company, according to a motion for expedited proceedings filed Wednesday in the Delaware Court of Chancery by the co-founders’ partnership, United Atlantic Ventures. The partnership took 8.6 percent, while an attorney on the deal, Bradford Cohen, was given the remaining 1.4 percent, the motion states.

UAV launched the Trump Media business, hired employees and raised funding while receiving no “fee or payment for its work,” the motion said. And though Litinsky and Moss left Trump Media that year amid a dispute with its current leadership, UAV retained its shares, according to a Securities and Exchange Commission filing this month from Digital World.

The filing said that Trump was set to receive 78 million shares in the post-merger company — a stake worth $3.5 billion at today’s share price — and that UAV would receive more than 7 million shares, a stake worth about $339 million. “Throughout TMTG’s corporate history,” the motion states, “UAV’s 8.6 percent ownership interest has been recognized and honored.”

But UAV’s attorneys allege in the motion that Trump has recently attempted to “drastically dilute” the partnership’s stake as part of what they called an “11th hour, pre-merger corporate maneuvering” tactic designed to increase the amount of authorized stock, from 120 million shares to 1 billion shares.

UAV’s attorneys wrote that the “dilution scheme” had “no legitimate business purpose” and suggested that Trump and the Trump Media board planned to issue the new shares to “Trump and/or his associates and children,” watering down UAV’s stake to less than 1 percent.

Literally anything that Trump touches is a den of snakes trying to screw each other, including Trump.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2024/02/29/truth-social-lawsuit-trump-media-founders/

The two people that filed the lawsuit were former Apprentice contestants and overall Trump suck-ups, basically everyone involved with DWAC and TMTG deserve everything bad happening to all of them in any way.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Sarsapariller posted:

MARTHA, ARE YOU GOING TO LET ME DOWN AGAIN? I NEED YOUR HELP, DONATE HERE:

MARTHA YOU CAN'T JUST LET THE DEMOCRATS WIN

MARTHA I'M GIVING UP UNLESS YOU FILL OUT THESE QUESTIONS TONIGHT

etc etc

Is that seriously how they’re worded? That’s appalling!
Also, well, lol obviously

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Trump is a billionare. He can afford this :confused:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Froghammer posted:

I've seen the auto immune disorder comparison made with tinhat stuff.

our brains love finding patterns, and since our survival needs are mostly taken cared of the pattern recog starts to find patterns in other things

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Mar 1, 2024

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Budzilla posted:

Trump is a billionare. He can afford this :confused:

If I’m reading this right, Trump is literally set to make 3.5billion from Truth Social’s IPO. I have no idea how that company would be worth that. Wouldn’t this just be the end to all of Trump’s financial issues? He would be s legit billionaire and then some even after paying all his fines.

Sure, a temporary injunction would throw a spammer into the works for a minute but it won’t last forever and they’ll come to some sort of agreement and then that’s that, no?

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

wouldn’t he have to have people willing to pay the price of his shares if he wants to turn them from shares into cash?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

loving lol. Enjoy prison.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Mar 1, 2024

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
computer please render me an image of
Chris Pratt and a velociraptor sharing
a bucket of shrimp at the Bubba gump
shrimp company

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Frank Frank posted:

If I’m reading this right, Trump is literally set to make 3.5billion from Truth Social’s IPO. I have no idea how that company would be worth that. Wouldn’t this just be the end to all of Trump’s financial issues? He would be s legit billionaire and then some even after paying all his fines.

Sure, a temporary injunction would throw a spammer into the works for a minute but it won’t last forever and they’ll come to some sort of agreement and then that’s that, no?
The part you're missing is that it's :airquote: $3.5 billion :airquote: in stock that a) may or may not actually be worth that much when the IPO happens (spoilers, it won't) and b) would require him to sell his share in the company, which he won't do because he's Trump and Truth Social is his goddamnit.

Faustian Bargain posted:

wouldn’t he have to have people willing to pay the price of his shares if he wants to turn them from shares into cash?
And also this.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Not smart Zach

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
e: quoted the wrong person and hosed up the joke

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Mar 1, 2024

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

Faustian Bargain posted:

The shares aren't actually worth anywhere near that. Who is buying shares of truth social in a huge volume that would make it so?

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

chaibat posted:

Garvey had this squeaky clean image during his baseball career until shortly after his retirement when he got hit with two paternity suits at once. He seems to have had at least 3-4 affairs going at the same time. I can't keep track of the math in articles from that time.

Apparently, several of his kids hate him now.

Mr. Barnesworth
Jun 28, 2008

I said GOOD DAY, sir!
NY state taking possession of 90% of truth social
that would be a hearty :lol:

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

BrigadierSensible posted:

A reminder that it came out that Trump personally paid more tax in China than he did in the USA.

dont worry we're trying to fix that issue.

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica

Oh my god it's a beard moustache

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica
Moustache beard???

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Faustian Bargain posted:

Isn’t there also the problem of him tanking the stock price if he actually tries selling off all at once?

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica
Picture his chin as Yosemite Sam's nose

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Meanwhile in Maryland

quote:

When custodians at Annapolis City Hall reported to work the morning of Feb. 22, they found Maureen Donovan sleeping near a second-floor conference room. According to charging documents, Donovan told police that after following a staff member through a scan-access door, she had eaten some Hot Pockets from the employee break room and spent the night. When she was discovered the next day, she was found with Mayor Gavin Buckley’s gavel.

Now, Donovan is charged with felony burglary, as well as two misdemeanors, and theft of less than $100 — the latter a reference to the Hot Pockets, which police valued at $4.49.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Imagine how stock value is a public agreement about the value of a company. Whether that is future value, perceived excellence value, or value from goods they make.

Truth social makes no goods, has a smittance of the user base that any other social media company has, it exists completely and solely because trump is on it and he posts like a rabid animal and the type of person that loves that has a truth social account.

If Trump starts to dump stock in truth social to pay off these legal fees the writing will be on the wall instantly, truth social means nothing to him and he intends to shutter it. Its value will instantly plummet and within microseconds be worth garbage. If he sells he will move to X and everyone knows it.

But he would do it, and just lie his way “just post through it” and go back to X. He knows he can’t post on X like he does on truth. His handlers and the people that actually write those loving screeds know it too. Too many people would see the stuff and his popularity would actually take a hit. This is the only thing actually holding him onto truth. I mean, he could have at any time he wanted forced renegotiation out of the clause that says he has to post on truth anything 8 hours before posting it elsewhere. That was years ago. He could have done that at any time. He knows it’s the only place on earth he can get away with spouting the poo poo he spouts.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Costco Meatballs posted:

Picture his chin as Yosemite Sam's nose

lol

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

Blind Rasputin posted:

Imagine how stock value is a public agreement about the value of a company. Whether that is future value, perceived excellence value, or value from goods they make.

Truth social makes no goods, has a smittance of the user base that any other social media company has, it exists completely and solely because trump is on it and he posts like a rabid animal and the type of person that loves that has a truth social account.

If Trump starts to dump stock in truth social to pay off these legal fees the writing will be on the wall instantly, truth social means nothing to him and he intends to shutter it. Its value will instantly plummet and within microseconds be worth garbage. If he sells he will move to X and everyone knows it.

But he would do it, and just lie his way “just post through it” and go back to X. He knows he can’t post on X like he does on truth. His handlers and the people that actually write those loving screeds know it too. Too many people would see the stuff and his popularity would actually take a hit. This is the only thing actually holding him onto truth. I mean, he could have at any time he wanted forced renegotiation out of the clause that says he has to post on truth anything 8 hours before posting it elsewhere. That was years ago. He could have done that at any time. He knows it’s the only place on earth he can get away with spouting the poo poo he spouts.

Yeah you put it better than I did. Who is going to buy shares in a company that is buoyed by being an ex president's exclusive platform when the main attraction is the person selling them?

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

What other activity is even happening on truth social, beside people applauding trump screeds? Is there any real community of people posting or sharing content? My assumption is that it's 99% the same tired poo poo posted by rightwing psychos on Twitter but to a much smaller and less engaged audience.

The other 1% is presumably violent threats and manifestos

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

It's literally that. It's not even interesting, just more "THANK YOU SIR" malaise

TheKub
May 11, 2006

Blind Rasputin posted:

Boy, naming your company "X" is just the dumbest poo poo. Like I know what you are saying but it looks like a placeholder for some other word. I get a hearty :lol: when news continues to say "the platform X, formerly known as Twitter"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Only registered members can see post attachments!